Home > Orders (L405) > P400e in the US?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
zion

United States 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Fuji White
P400e in the US?

Hello everyone

New to the ffrr forum - and potentially new to the brand. Have a long history with 911s and Volvo SUVs.

Coming from two XC90 T8 PHEVs in a row, I love the plugin hybrid concept and would really love to get the 2020 RR P400e but it seems that US dealers still don't have any inventory. Has anyone taken delivery of their P400e yet?

I want to do a custom order but the fact that I cannot see any inventory compounded by stories from loyal customers of +1yr waiting times made me a bit nervous about delivery times.

Any advice is highly appreciated

Thanks!

Post #533164 4th Nov 2019 6:35pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

No. But I custom ordered a P400e in the UK and it looks like order-to-delivery will be 12 weeks (ordered 8th Sept, build date is 15th Nov, delivery will be a couple of weeks after that). Presumably you need to add some weeks for export to the US, but I cannot believe it would be one year. 6 months maybe?

I have not noticed any US members mentioning P400e yet... they just talk about the V8 petrol.

Post #533170 4th Nov 2019 7:25pm
zion

Rolling with laughter

True. There is clearly an "enjoy them while they last" kind of vibe.

I simply fell in love with total silence in an SUV. IMHO a PHEV luxury SUV is the better choice unless you have to tow a lot. Different story when it comes to sports cars. I deeply treasure our custom ordered 911 GTS (NA) and the loud button is always the first one I press when I enter our car. I think it might find an akrapovic slip-on in it's Christmas stocking this year Mr. Green

Congrats on your P400e! I'm convinced that you will love it! What spec did you go for?

Post #533171 4th Nov 2019 7:38pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

I went for Autobiography with signature hifi (have to pay extra for that in the UK), comfort seats (hot stone massage), HUD, rear active locking diff, and a few other bits n bobs, like wade sensing. Silicon Silver with Espresso... I like brown. I spent a couple of years planning the config before I could stretch to buying it so I am fairly confident I have the spec right by now Laughing

I'm off to the factory to see mine being built... I'll be watching them like a hawk! And I'll be sure to ask about US market orders e.g. if they batch up US orders delaying either the builds or the trans-Atlantic shipping. Thumbs Up (although you should just go ahead an order one and find out for real).

Here's a Norwegian guy who compares his T8 with a P400e fatty here in case you could be in any doubt as to how much of a luxury upgrade it is, although not as fast he says:

Post #533175 4th Nov 2019 8:00pm
zion

Silver with brown is a lovely spec! Our most recent XC90 was chrystal white with a charchoal/brown interior but I think that this interior would have worked even better with a silver if I'm honest Very Happy

Factory tour sounds both like a fantastic experience - and a great opportunity to ensure they tighten all bolts properly Thumbs Up

For the P400e I'm considering something more Art Deco : Narvik for depth (covered in PPF) with Shadow Atlas details for subtle contrast. Would have loved the 22" Style 9012 in dark grey to go with this but unfortunately that's a no-go on the P400e (assuming because of weight). The 21" 7001 with diamond turned finish will thus be our choice. On the inside, we are thinking an Ivory / Ebony interior with Ivory seats and Ebony Alcantara headliner and the Grand Black finisher. Not sure if it's possible, but would love to order the arm rests with the metal adjustments knobs from the SVA as an SVO option.

Tempted by the AB mainly because I really love the semi-aniline leather and signature hifi (spoiled by the excellent B&W in the XC90) but not fully convinced it's worth the hike in price as I would have to replace the executive seats for the regular bench to fit our family and suitcases for our road trips. This must be the very definition of a first world problem Laughing

BTW. Did you go for the leather or alcantara headliner?

Thank you for the link to this vid - will watch it later today! Thumbs Up

Post #533190 4th Nov 2019 9:48pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Solid black is a rare choice, but agree could be stunning if you keep the paint perfect. I presume the PPF protects the paint... but what protects the PPF?! Confused

Silicon Silver has a sandy twang which makes it less of a blue hue compared to other silvers.

I’m deleting the sliding roof because we never use our existing sunroof and not having the centre bar makes for a lovely view. But downside is I then have to have suedecloth (which I love, but would prefer leather).

These days you can delete the exec seats but you still keep the front seat upgrade, I think you’ll find. But I test it first, make sure you genuinely need the extra 100 litres. Just in case.

The AB is not worth the upgrade. If it’s value you want then go HSE / Vogue. But for me it’s a question of spec first price second. At this point saving £10k or £20k seemed not worth the compromise in my situation. A major irritation is that you cannot extend the leather on lower models meaning only AB has a real leather upper dash topper. Crazy.

Post #533202 5th Nov 2019 3:02am
Badger

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Carpathian Grey

I've had a P400e Autobiography for 18 months and 30k+ miles, and I can confirm that it is THE best car in the world.

Post #533311 6th Nov 2019 12:55pm
zion

Sounds like exactly what I’m hoping for Smile

Post #533838 11th Nov 2019 9:32pm
zion

ilard wrote:
Solid black is a rare choice, but agree could be stunning if you keep the paint perfect. I presume the PPF protects the paint... but what protects the PPF?! Confused

Silicon Silver has a sandy twang which makes it less of a blue hue compared to other silvers.

I’m deleting the sliding roof because we never use our existing sunroof and not having the centre bar makes for a lovely view. But downside is I then have to have suedecloth (which I love, but would prefer leather).

These days you can delete the exec seats but you still keep the front seat upgrade, I think you’ll find. But I test it first, make sure you genuinely need the extra 100 litres. Just in case.

The AB is not worth the upgrade. If it’s value you want then go HSE / Vogue. But for me it’s a question of spec first price second. At this point saving £10k or £20k seemed not worth the compromise in my situation. A major irritation is that you cannot extend the leather on lower models meaning only AB has a real leather upper dash topper. Crazy.

Wow, I wasn’t aware that the dash wasn’t covered in leather unless you go for AB, I think you just sealed the deal on the AB Mr. Green In the US this also opens up the option of a tan interior so need to figure our whether to go for that or for the more classic combo. Decisions, decisions

Ps. I don’t believe that anyone buying a new FFRR is a value seeker. If we were, we’d be hanging out on the Ford Explorer forum Wink I’m just trying to control the degree of insanity. This didn’t go very well if you look at the option list of my 911 Laughing

Post #533841 11th Nov 2019 9:38pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Here’s the gory details. PU/PVC CUR GRAIN both mean fake leather. What missing here is doors and in the UK:
Vogue - PU door rolls, Windsor door cards
VSE & AB - Windsor door rolls and cards

L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #533847 11th Nov 2019 10:16pm
zion

So...

P400e finally opened for orders in the US and very much with the help of this thread I decided to go for a P400e AB.

That table showing all the vinyl on the HSE convinced me - so this is your fault Ilard haha Thumbs Up

Realized that AB in the US comes with the high-end audio, which I wanted plus the critical Adaptive Cruise with Steering Assist so it really had to be AB.

Key highlights of the spec are:

White with black contrast roof and shadow atlas features
    Ebony / Ivory interior with piano black inserts and ebony leather headliner (I've really maximized the amount of cows / Range Rover didn't I)
    Bench seat to get more spece for luggage plus the electrical armrest on the executive seat seems to fail in about 30-40% of the online reviews so figured that's a headache I can be without.

All in all it's sort of an black and white Art Deco theme that I hope will stand the test of time. Lost the black exterior color battle with wife and 3yr old son, who apparently has a say Laughing

Scheduled delivery in May so counting days now Smile

Thank you for all the advise. Very excited about our first RR!

Post #543462 9th Feb 2020 11:40am
ilard

United Kingdom 

Congratulations on your AB order. I am certain that your white/black/ivory theme will be very striking.

I am very seriously enjoying mine. The P400e driving experience is sensational, I think the dollop of torque at zero RPM is a game-changer, and the start/stop experience is unbeatable compared to ordinary drivetrains, especially in city traffic. Seriously, I would not change this for a 5.0 even if I could save £10k, but at the same price (£3k or £4k is a rounding error at this price) I think the P400e is a steal, quite frankly. It's the first 4 pot motor I have owned since a Citroen BX GTi in 1995, but when a 4 pot is this good, this isolated, this punchy, who cares how many cylinders are apparently under the hood.

I like the look of the rear exec seats, I obviously do not use them personally, but the nibble out of the boot space is certainly noticeable. I put my suitcase in there for the first time recently and whilst it fitted I found the snug fit front to back was immediately noticeable vs my old L320 Sport. In this respect the bench seat makes sense, especially now you can get the AB seats up front despite it. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #543496 9th Feb 2020 5:07pm
zion

Great to hear that you are truly enjoying your P400e! I've had two XC90 T8s and the plug-in concept is just great for our usage. Did test drive a P400e and was pleasantly surprised that Range Rover has taken refinement to yet another level and also happy about the electric motor powering all four wheels. It was a short test drive but the RR felt brilliant and given your testimony that feeling seems to last into ownership Thumbs Up

When it comes to the 4 pot/PHEV combo I think a lot of people are missing the point, likely because they have not driven these kind of vehicles. The combined performance is great, so it doesn't really feel like a 4 pot to start with. To your point, nothing helps getting a heavy SUV off the line in urban driving like the instant torque from the electric motor. My plugin experience with my Volvos also thought me about the lovely little moments such as like driving your car with the panorama roof and side windows open during summer days - in complete silence.

Last but definitely not least, I always felt good about zipping around on pure electricity in my Volvo - it clearly makes your 2.5 tonne SUV feel less wasteful. I'm not exactly a tree hugger but charging your SUV with "renewable energy power" feels like the right thing to do. With the much better range in the RR, I look forward to even more pure electric driving and with the additional refinement of the updated RR, I'm sure driving the P400e will be exquisite.

Completely agree with you on the exec seats. Would have loved to keep them but the family is expanding in July so will need all the space I can get in the back. 24 way massage seats up front and leather everywhere will help overcome the hardship of swapping out the exec seat for the bench Mr. Green

Can barely wait now...

Post #543551 10th Feb 2020 11:36am
zion

Hi Ilard

Hope you are well and in good health!

A couple of updates. Your note plus a visit to the LR dealer plus some measurements swayed me to change our order to the exec seats Mr. Green Unfortunately our Rangie got caught up in the CV19 production shutdown so our slot got pushed out by a lot. In the midst of all this I discovered that our order was incorrectly submitted and that our car wasn't specced with the black contrast roof. Needless to say that was a bit of a shock but JLR helped out and changed the spec despite it being locked in. Kudos to them!

If everything went according to plan, our RR should have been produces this week. Now awaiting an ETA to California from our dealer.

Truly look forward to taking delivery and to driving a PHEV again. Been driving a rental Ford Explorer with a 3.6L V6 (to cover the unexpected gap) and let's just say I'm counting the days...

Don't regret the wait though. Will post pictures once in possession

Post #560867 10th Jul 2020 6:19am
ilard

United Kingdom 

Fantastic news!

On a long road trip through France and Switzerland at the moment. The wife has a new outfit for every hour of the day for 12 days. The 4 year old had brought 100 Thomas the Tank Engine trains and, unwittingly, a new outfit for every hour of the day. And I have packed various non-essentials like the [video] gimbal and my running shoes. (I’m such a joker). And it all fits, despite the P400e / Exec rear seating compromise. I had to leave the rear parcel shelf in London, however.

So far, 25 mpg is the norm. Motorway performance is exceptional. This thing just accelerates purposefully at any speed. It’s not a pleasure to hear when flooring it, I concede, but it’s not terrible and you soon settle into a cruise and it sounds, well, very quiet! I would still not choose any other drivetrain, including the 5.0SC, over the P400e. The P400e is everyman’s compromise between the performance, economy and refinement dynamic. But it’s a touch wallowy in corners, so you face drive like a tame Uber driver vs a racing driver.

Finally, the Rear Comfort package, with hot stone massage, means you get 2 x pillows. I put these on the front. Huge upgrade. I also managed to order 2 x more pillows for the rear so no one loses out. Decadent, I know. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #561084 11th Jul 2020 10:37pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>