Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > So I've finally bit the bullet
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Check that the valet mode isn’t enabled on the nav screen. As I think that locks the glovebox out. However if it is you will need the 4 digit code to cancel it..... which isn’t a set number but one you put in on an ad-hoc basis and can be what ever you want.... which is a problem if you don’t know what it is as you need to find the chap who actually put it in. Might be a work around with a diagnostic but don’t know!

In terms of the Box fault. That could be fixed with a service but will likely need more investigation, possibly get under and lube up the selector cable, it could be that it’s a bit stiff in the sleeve and was only just engaging the D position. It’s been know you happen on the 6hp boxes on the 3.6. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #572087 7th Nov 2020 3:11pm
tino04

United Kingdom 

thank you mate, I had a play with Valet mode at the terminal (standard code is 2121 I think from googling.) turned it on and off a few times to no avail... next plan is switching the fuse from the spare block in the boot to that one to see if we can get it motoring (no pun intended Laughing )

The gearbox one was a really strange one, I've stuck another 50 miles on since that and tried (maybe foolishly) to recreate without avail - it was like it almost just had a mini tantrum...Regardless, she's here, back in Norn Iron and we'll take the project as far as we have to!! Very Happy

The one thing I will say, what a joy to drive. It's my first Range Rover and my main car is a 3.0l Q5. For me at least, there's just no need to "boot it", it's such a wonderful drive, that I'm just happy toodling along, almost like a Sunday driver - that is a FIRST for me. It's lovely knowing the torque is there and using it for effect on the odd occasion but I hardly felt the need today - everything is just effortless with it. Adding to that, a >22mpg return over 100 miles surprised me hugely, albeit on premium fuel

Post #572138 8th Nov 2020 12:00am
jumbaleo

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Hi Tino

Approximately what did you pay for it please?

Hope you get the gearbox sorted, likely it just needs a fluid change.

Regards, Jim 2010 - 5.0 Supercharged, Autobiography

2007 - 3.6 tdV8, Vogue

Post #572733 13th Nov 2020 9:19pm
tino04

United Kingdom 

@Jumbaleo c~£13k

It clearly needs a service and whilst the lack of documented service history would in some instances be a concern, the fact I have receipts for chains, struts, corners and compressor goes some way to easing my angst.

With it booked in with BLRC in December, we'll get it all sorted - it hasn't really dulled the purchase whatsoever - it is what it is Smile

Post #572742 13th Nov 2020 11:52pm
tino04

United Kingdom 

Well that was fun while it lasted.

Going back, not happy with the gearbox - even after a service, there's a real judder at 60mph+

Gearbox warning had popped up a few times, lost power to the engine. Heated front screen & Drivers seat don't work, glovebox was jammed and the switch was screwed - had to replace that too. Uncovered front shock leaking too and problems with the callipers.

You live and learn - now looking for the next one Rolling with laughter

Post #574966 3rd Dec 2020 3:00pm
jumbaleo

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Sorry to hear that. Wha a pain. Hope the refund isn't an issue for you

Good luck finding another, mostly the petrol's are bullet proof. If I got my FF's all over again I would never have gone for a diesel in the first place. They're a nice idea but in reality Diesel is a false economy, well for me anyway.. Smile 2010 - 5.0 Supercharged, Autobiography

2007 - 3.6 tdV8, Vogue

Post #574968 3rd Dec 2020 3:13pm
tino04

United Kingdom 

Refund is fine due to the slightly convoluted way payment went, it's just finding the right one

Post #574969 3rd Dec 2020 3:15pm
Jayk69

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Barolo Black

sorry to hear that given how excited you have been. but if the car is not up to par it needs to be done. good luck with the hunt 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 - Current
2014 Navara V6 - Gone
2004 Vogue TD6 - Gone
Grand Cherokee - Gone
Discovery V8 (LPG) - Gone
Discovery TD5 - Gone

Post #574999 3rd Dec 2020 6:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12