Home > Technical (L322) > Multiple Warnings
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
nambFFRR

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey
Multiple Warnings

Evening All

Had a series of multiple warnings pop up yesterday which was a little disconcerting. First time car has been used in about 3-4 weeks so guessed it was the battery running weak. Plugged in my Electrical reader and I had, abs, hdc, parking brake. Adaptive suspension fault and a few others. I went through them one by one and cleared them and all seems to be ok again.

Conclusion - does anyone also think the battery voltage could cause a multiple of faults like this or is it impending doom on the horizon? Think I need to get the ACF50 out and spray the electrical connections before winter sets in

RR is a 2011 Vogue SE with 60k miles

Regards
Mark

Post #573704 22nd Nov 2020 12:50am
Fox889

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

I've always been told that these complicated girls need a full battery to perform properly, any drop in voltage [through standing] activates all the fault codes when you try & start her. Had this with a Jag a few years ago, could be a JLR foible.
Standing for three weeks is probably near the limit, try an intelligent charger [C-tek or similar] if you're not using her on a regular basis. I've one hooked up via the 13 pin towing socket [adaptor available on here, nice piece of kit as well] on mine as sometimes she'll sit for a few weeks unused. 2012 Orkney Grey Westminster 4.4TDV8 with Ivory interior.........nice!
BMW R1200GS
Alfa Romeo Giulietta
Just one Montesa now, 349 White Wonder
Austin A40 Farina MK2
1975 Morris Marina 1.8TC

Post #573716 22nd Nov 2020 8:38am
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

These cars are very defiantly female, they act like a mistress, need constant attention, often expensive & behave strangely on a whim.

When these ladies give you aggravation you can hate them and want rid, but (usually) as soon as they treat you well again you fall back in love with them.

Most ladies have one thing that simply has to be 100%+, with some it's the hair, with others it's the make up - with these particular ladies it has to be the battery.

The spurious faults thrown up was probably her way of telling you she feels neglected - neglect her at your peril.

OK, so that was a bit TIC but get the battery fully charged, keep it charged, clear the faults & hopefully she will behave. 2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6

Post #573719 22nd Nov 2020 9:14am
Highroller

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Java Black

I get these warnings all the time, as rarely use the FF & it's definitely battery.

Prior to replacing the battery, I would get these messages occasionally if not used ( had a dead cell in the battery) but kept it topped up by using the Auxiliary socket on the tow bar.
However in the end I replaced the battery & still get the messages ( usually after it's not been started for a couple of weeks). Once I go for a drive & start it again within a few days , no more messages.

Probably best to replace the battery, with the winter coming. Thumbs Up

Post #573720 22nd Nov 2020 9:15am
Siftah

Spain 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Re: Multiple Warnings

+1 to what everyone else has said - will be the battery, charge it up and they should all disappear Smile

Post #573730 22nd Nov 2020 10:28am
nambFFRR

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Thanks guys. Battery is fairly new, but realise the gizmos all draw current and leaving her 4 weeks I was expecting some codes to pop up! I have a spare trickle charger somewhere so I’ll hook the old girl up to that!

Post #573753 22nd Nov 2020 5:53pm
Jayk69

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Barolo Black

Brian Considine wrote:
These cars are very defiantly female, they act like a mistress, need constant attention, often expensive & behave strangely on a whim.

When these ladies give you aggravation you can hate them and want rid, but (usually) as soon as they treat you well again you fall back in love with them.

Most ladies have one thing that simply has to be 100%+, with some it's the hair, with others it's the make up - with these particular ladies it has to be the battery.

The spurious faults thrown up was probably her way of telling you she feels neglected - neglect her at your peril.

OK, so that was a bit TIC but get the battery fully charged, keep it charged, clear the faults & hopefully she will behave.

this had me holding my sides laughing....thanks for that Brian Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 - Current
2014 Navara V6 - Gone
2004 Vogue TD6 - Gone
Grand Cherokee - Gone
Discovery V8 (LPG) - Gone
Discovery TD5 - Gone

Post #573754 22nd Nov 2020 6:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1