Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Would an L322 fit the bill & where to find value?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
pcourtney

England 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Sumatra Black

+ 2 for what rodjules says ( hello neighbour )

I have driven V8 TDV8's and 5.0 Supercharger petrols in the last 2 years ( looking to upgrade from my 2004 L322 BMW Petrol V8, and I have to say the V8 4.4 TDV8's are amazing, what a car in every sense

If a nice one comes up 2010 or 2011 before I find a nice 5.0 Petrol I'm just going to buy it Smile

You should just get out there and test drive some of these late L322's - they are incredible, value wise I would pay up to 18k for a really nice one - that's what they are worth this year until October 2021 - then all bets are off in the South East due to new ULEZ charging in London, I think ( I may be wrong ) that hundreds (if not thousands ) of these diesel V8 L322's will be part ex and in the auctions before Xmas - values will fall - maybe only 20% to 25% to begin with - and a lot of them will sit on forecourts unless they go North

Last edited by pcourtney on 27th Feb 2021 1:05am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #585478 26th Feb 2021 11:52pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

The 5.0SC is ULEZ friendly Wink I’m ready for it.

Post #585488 27th Feb 2021 1:01am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

One of the reasons I got rid of my 322 was future ulez restrictions. I feel that the values of 322s and D4’s are daft at the moment.

I was just looking to replace my D4 commercial and there are few decent newer D4 vans about all there are seem to have 100k plus mileages and are upto £20k

Mine has just ticked over 110,000 and would probably get £10k! So I thought I would look at D4 cars, they are equally daft prices. 322’s seem strong money too.

To my mind the problem is supply due to Covid, which is holding up second hand values of 322s, used 405 values are holding firm and are a bit tippy, which is having a knock on effect on older cars like the 322. Same applies to the D4, the D5 is daft money so is a new Deafener, So folks are buying the best D4 they can get, which is holding up values. Simple supply
And demand. Prices may drop once the weather warms tho. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #585572 27th Feb 2021 6:10pm
Bl4ckD0g

Just for fun I had a quick look. My gosh the value (asking prices) is interesting at the moment. So much so that I'm tempted to get rid of mine actually Laughing

If I had to get into FFRR at the moment, I think the value sits currently with the 4.2 Super Charged models. There is a big gap between those and the rest of the line up. From a buyers perspective.

The diesel 4.4V8 is a sellers car at the moment, I'd say only buy if you'd be keeping it for ever. The price is way to buy is way to high and they will lose so much value still. And even then the lower priced (still way too high) versions have like starship mileage on them. I'm actually contradicting myself here as I think even as a seller car they are tailing off. Too many high mileage ones of those are up for sale for what is effectively silly money. The under 100K miles models are entry level (ex lease?) versions predominantly.

Yup the 4.2SC is by far the best value for now and in the future in my opinion.

Still not as good a car as the 5.0SC though Razz

Post #585575 27th Feb 2021 6:47pm
FarmerRJ

Wales 

This is why I'm very cautious at the minute and hence the asking where's the best value. I don't want to buy at the top of the market and have a double whammy of ulez and post-covid reduction in the market 6 months after I buy. Or won't it go back down??

I've looked at many different options for vehicles (or two as with my current thinking) and there's very little good value buys around.

My friend sells pickups, mainly new and up to 3 yr old after leases and I have and would buy my pickups from him. He's said that vehicles have gone up £2-3k since last March.

Challenging buyer's market.

Post #585591 27th Feb 2021 9:06pm
JoolsB

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Keep on looking, you’ll find one you like eventually.

I bought my first, a MY58 With 90k on it last year and liked it So much, I decided to change it for the latest decent one I could find. Picked up a really nice MY12 a few weeks ago and loving it.

I was looking at an F Pace and got the fattie to tide me over until Covid is sorted, but it’s now getting to the point where I don’t think I’d ever go back from a full fat.

Post #585653 28th Feb 2021 1:56pm
Bl4ckD0g

JoolsB I totally get where you are coming from. I got my 5.0SC as a cheap interim car; wasn’t sure what I wanted and we were going to emigrate anyway but then COVID hit. One of the cheapest cars I’ve ever bought but I’m rather liking it actually.

Post #585665 28th Feb 2021 2:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12