Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My 2010 4.4 TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

I fully agree the 322 Matt setup is far better. The tiny little Matt they put in the 405 leads to a load or wear on the carpet infront of where the Matt finishes.

Love the OP’s car, just the right combo of wheels, black exterior and ivory seats. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #591526 17th Apr 2021 1:34pm
BenRK

United Kingdom 

Very minor update. Noticed a very annoying rattle / grinding noise today, figured it was the backing plate of the front discs so decided to have a look, turns out they had rotted away at the mounting points and the plate was just flapping about, cut it off for now and the noise is gone

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Also tried some new wheel cleaner from Amazon on my horrifically corroded wheels

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And tarted up the front grill surround with a coat or two of Santorini black

Post #594434 16th May 2021 8:37pm
BenRK

United Kingdom 

Well today I went on a little journey and picked up two sets of alloys to try on the Range. First set were 20s off a new sport and the second set being 20s off a new vogue. Managed to pack both sets in the back of my disco which was a task in itself.

Anyway cleaned both sets up and decided the vogue style 1065s were the ones staying. Initially was a bit unsure but think they look quite good once they're on.

So now the original 20s from my car and the sport alloys will be going up for sale at some point once I decide whether to get them refurbed or not. Having a nice little drive to Fife tomorrow so will see if the new wheels are any more comfortable having 55 profile tyres

Post #594652 18th May 2021 7:51pm
paulwlincs

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Like very much all the tasks you have done , have you a link for the sill clips you got off ebay , likewise with the arch clips if you could please . 2011 tdv8 4.4 vogue Santorini black

Post #595357 26th May 2021 8:13am
kevinp

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

I'd be interested in your old wheels if they are straight mate, Kev.

Post #595369 26th May 2021 10:28am
BenRK

United Kingdom 

These were the sill clips which fit perfectly

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08B5V7TQJ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

And these a generic box of clips for everything else. Some are useful, some aren't but for the price nice to have around

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/651X-Car-Plasti...890.l49286

Thank you Smile

Post #595375 26th May 2021 11:17am
BenRK

United Kingdom 

Small update, the RR has cost me quite a bit recently. The first issue was the alternator going pop in the work car park and lots of smoke coming from the engine bay, I genuinely thought it was going to set alight so quickly got the battery off and all was good

I managed to pick up a new denso alternator, tensioner, idlers and both belts for just shy of £500 and spent a long long time doing it myself. Was a big task but very satisfying when it all went back together nicely

Then about a week later my front airbag developed a tear and a very big leak. I was left spending £800 on 2x genuine air struts from maltings 4x4 and replaced both of those on the driveway which has now cured the problem

So about £1300 worth of maintenance in two weeks which is absolutely far from ideal Laughing

Still looking good though from a recent camping trip

Click image to enlarge

Post #604334 21st Aug 2021 10:14am
BenRK

United Kingdom 

So had a few faults coming up when trying to lower the suspension. Using my fault code reader I was getting the fault 'C1A13-64 pressure does not decrease when venting gallery'

So as this sounds it basically can't release the pressure sufficiently and throws up a fault. I read online that the compressor exhaust filter can clog over time and a solution is to drill a 2mm hole in the filter allowing it to vent more freely. Done this and so far so good, no more errors for now

Pic of the filter

Click image to enlarge

And with hole drilled
Click image to enlarge

Location of filter on compressor itself
Click image to enlarge

Managed to give it a good wash and machine polish with auto finesse tripple, a 1 stage polish which gave lovely results. Topped up with turtle wax ceramic products which are absolutely fantastic

And just ordered a set of 255/55/20 Radar Rengage AT5 tyres for winter. Cracking deal of £410 delivered for 4. Officially rated 3PMSF so should do nicely over the winter months. Either gonna stick them on my old wheels or find another set, ideally.black to mount them. Look nice and nobbly.

Post #607542 27th Sep 2021 9:41pm
ajac8

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

Looking good Thumbs Up nice to see detailed repairs / upgrades rather than a make do cover up approach Keep up the good work and enjoy.

Has the turbo drain mod? 405 AB exec seats Baltic and Cirrus
93 RR Classic efi

Remember it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

Gone in order:
4.4 TDV8 SE - gone to a good home
93 Classic hard dash Plymouth Blue
03 L322 Oslo Blue
2000 Disco TD5 ES Epsom Green
98 P38 Rioja Red
89 Classic Cairngorm Brown

Post #607615 28th Sep 2021 5:59pm
BenRK

United Kingdom 

Thank you, appreciate the comments

Honestly I don't know. I know it has an engine oil leak from somewhere but it's not using any oil, not dripping on the ground and touch wood not causing any problems. I have no issues with burning smells or smoke so maybe it has but really don't know.

Post #607616 28th Sep 2021 6:13pm
BenRK

United Kingdom 

Winter wheels now fitted along with a set of new wipers and some Halfords 200% brighter main beam bulbs

Post #611330 1st Nov 2021 6:08pm
BenRK

United Kingdom 

Had a little adventure to Scotland for the weekend. Stayed just south of loch Lomond and had a drive up to Glencoe too. Been the third time I've been here as I just love the place, it's so vast and feels so baron at times

Anyway the car now has 30mm spacers on off my disco, wind deflectors, black door handles and black grilles to finish it off. Here's a few photos from my trip

Click image to enlarge

Post #613208 19th Nov 2021 10:59pm
BenRK

United Kingdom 

Since my last update there has been quite a few changes to the Range Rover, i honestly cant say for definite its for the better however. My mind is torn on which direction to go.

When I first bought this i decided I wanted to keep it long term and i wanted it to be the best original version of the L322 i could have. I wanted it to look mostly factory and very smart, a after all it is a Range Rover. however I've found over time the modifications I've been making has went in the opposite direction. at times it looks very dark, dull and just not what a Range Rover should look like. I have been toying with going full 'expedition' ad buying a full size roof rack to fit my tent, awning and other accessories etc but just cannot make my mind up which direction to commit.

as it stands its either - get it back to 'standard' or continue with a camping / overland setup. I just cant decide

A few things of note that has been completed recently.

Firstly I had Ian Bodsworth visit to carry out a megaflush on my car and also my dads L405. very pleasant chap and had them both sorted in no time. I feel like its made a good improvement on the smoothness of the auto box but most importantly for me piece of mind knowing its been done and has some nice fresh oil.

I then experimented with different spacers. i had some 30mm and 20mm delivered and had a play around to decide what worked best. in the end i settled with 30mm on the rear and 20mm up front. not a particularly great photo but makes a huge improvement on the stance

I also had a drive up to glasgow to see the offspring which was great as on the way home I found some lovely fresh snow to have a play in and get some nice photos. I must admit the Radar Renegade At5 tyres I have certainly made light work of the snow. absolutely no loss of traction at all, felt completely sure footed throughout all the driving i did in poor conditions. overall pretty damn happy with how they make the car feel. They certainly have increased road noise but Ive just gotten used to it so no big deal

I then played around with a very bright and compact lightbar I found on amazon after a bit of research. It is an Osram Vx250 SP if I recall correctly. i fitted it on the style bar between the fog lights on the front bumper. it was very bright but I judo felt it didn't look right where it was so decided to take it off. I since have upgraded the high beams to Osram LED H7 bulbs and bought some new D3 bulbs from Amazon which has made a nice difference.
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I then played around with calliper colours. I decided to try gold which genuinely looked good against the anthracite wheels but was just not suited to the L322

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

so i quickly revisited these and painted them black with my favourite paint which looks 100x better in my eyes. I may get them done professionally
Quote:
in the future but time will tell.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

then most recently I swapped my tentbox out from my disco over to the Range Rover and i just cant decide whether i like it or not. The Thule roof bars seem at their capacity once people are in the tent and It just doesnt fill me with confidence. I am also scared of accelerating too hard in case it all goes flying off the back Laughing Laughing for how much i actually use my roof tent i may just take it off completely and buy a better ground tent.

amongst other small changes I had front to rear brake lines replaced recently as they had corroded and started to leak, i alsso changed the transfer box oil which was well overdue and tried some new Turtle Wax black acrylic polish which for a spray on product worked an absolute treat

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

to summarise, I feel somewhat lost in what direction I intend to go with my Range Rover. I feel like I've made some changes that i am not completely happy with and worry I am straying away from what my initial plans were for it. id be interested to hear your thoughts on where I am. I also have an instagram page where I have some photos of both my cars with mods and upgrades i make if you're interested. my username is BigDisco3. anyway two photos to finish off which i quite like.

Click image to enlarge

Post #628283 10th Apr 2022 4:52pm
Full-fat-Lance

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

I wouldn’t worry about straying from your original plans for it. Plans change! Just get it to a state that your happy with regardless of the original vision, be it with or without various modifications, step back and admire.

Last edited by Full-fat-Lance on 10th Apr 2022 8:18pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #628287 10th Apr 2022 5:06pm
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

It depends what you want to do with it Smile It’s your car after all!

I love the standard look of the L322 and have returned mine to totally original but if you like the mods you’ve done then go with them. There’s nothing to stop you changing it back in the future if your mods aren’t too intrusive.

David. 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Post #628306 10th Apr 2022 6:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>