Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Your opinion it´s importan for me about this L322
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

That rear tint is factory privacy glass. If it is a stick on then you can see the heater elements clearly in the rear 1/4’s and boot glass. Had a zoom in and there are none evident so I reckon it’s factory.

See in the pics below, my Firenze red one had factory tints, the black one had aftermarket. If you look closely you can see the evidence of the lines

Factory:

Aftermarket:

There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #590094 3rd Apr 2021 10:43am
RRDunc

England 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

I'm not so sure about that.

According to the build sheet mine had factory fitted privacy glass and I can see the heated elements and the aerials in the rear glass.

I'd be surprised if it's had all the rear windows changed and a stick-on film applied.

Dunc. The life you have is the only one you'll get; make the most of it.
--------‐--‐-----------------‐------------------‐---------------------------------------------------
2012 4.4 TDV8 L322 Autobiography
2003 TD5 Oslo Blue D2 ES Premium Auto (with mods!)

Post #590095 3rd Apr 2021 10:48am
northernmonkeyjones

You can see the elements, on privacy glass, but they are under the tint so don’t stand out like they do on film. If you’ve never noticed make a mental note to check out tinted cars. Aftermarket stuff stands out a mile.

Weird that.

Your rear screen definitely looks like film to me. If you look at that compared to my factory tint above, maybe it’s been on since new and was ordered and missed off.... then the dealer rectified with tints?

Compare similar shot to OP’s car and you can see the difference. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Post #590098 3rd Apr 2021 10:51am
FlyinScotsman

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Snap, factory tint, yet looks like the black one.

Post #590123 3rd Apr 2021 4:58pm
northernmonkeyjones

Weird that. Did they run out of tinted glass or something??
Just had a look at your pics and yes it’s the same as Dunc’s, but completely different from my 12 and others I’ve seen with privacy glass. Also looking at my 405, you can’t see the lines.

Anyhow, in terms of the OP’s purchase you can’t see the lines so factory glass.. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Post #590129 3rd Apr 2021 6:13pm
harleyman

Spain 

Not sure if it is factory or not

I´ve seen on the specs that says

Glazing - Laminated Side Glass [047AM]

Not sure it this means something 2012 Range Rover 4.4 tdv8 Autobiography

Post #590156 3rd Apr 2021 9:56pm
ur20v

A Trap 

The tint needs to be described in the Pilkington glass spec printed on the glass, it will mention laminated, double glazed, solar rejection, approvals and tint etc. mine mentions tint but it’s the green tint and doesn’t cover the level of tint my car has, I had to get the old tint removed and a new tint fitted with the correct Spanish approved film stamp placed under it, every time I take it for the ITV the check each window to make sure they can see the stamp, they also check under the car to see if I have removed the tow bar and side steps just to pass the ITV and also check the vehicle VIN against specs for options, exact tyre size/spec, tints, headlamp bulb light colour range (yellow to blue or purple is described, so no ‘upgraded bulbs’!), roof bars and towing mirrors, body kits, mud flaps etc are not allowed here... anything that changes the dimensions of the car 🤦‍♂️

It’s why there’s no modding scene or Halfords type shops in Spain.

Post #590205 4th Apr 2021 11:35am
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Halfords doesn’t really do car modification stuff.

Anyway I’m surprised about some of your comments about Spain. So how come they can still have great car meets (pre Covid naturally) like the Bilbao Northernfest as just one example.

It also makes mockery of the EU to have such different regulations within a single market. But that is a whole different discussion 🤣

Post #590221 4th Apr 2021 1:35pm
ur20v

A Trap 

Blackdog, I didn’t understand the legality around car modifications until we moved here, I am an ex master tech and an Automotive engineer by trade, modifying cars is in my blood. You can modify cars but then you need engineering sign off at the main ITV center in either Madrid or Barcelona, it’s about 3000 euro’s and no guarantees it will pass. Just through it a set of 19” wheels on your golf is expensive, complicated, and not doing it is illegal, the police are hot on these things.

People moving from the UK to Spain get caught out all the time when the bring their UK car here, standard spec in the UK can be different and the UK spec item will not be allowed in Spain, this includes OEM wheel sizes etc and even if you have UK manual/auto but the same isn’t available in Spain. Tow bars and tints, even fitted by the dealer in the UK will not comply with out the Spainish paperwork and it cannot be done-retrospectively.

My ‘Halfords’ comment was general, there literally are no shops selling car spares/trinkets/wheels/exhausts/intakes/led’s and bulbs etc like you see in the UK. You can get generic stuff like indicator builds, oil and car mats in supermarkets but that’s about it.

Post #590225 4th Apr 2021 2:24pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Ok, so with a little bit of money. I mean €3,000 Euros is not that much when you look at the car builds at Northernfest then it can still be done. There is just rules to be followed which isn’t a bad thing in my opinion.

Post #590227 4th Apr 2021 2:28pm
TDV8_Tommy

Spain 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Baltic Blue

Our U.K. car and has non-factory tints. For its ITV I paid something like €30 for a local tint shop for the approval stamps...

She passed with her mud flaps on but I ditched the sidesteps knowing it would be an issue.

You can modify cars here but you have to have the mod added to your MOT sheet, costs money to do so and puts people off. 2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Baltic Blue, Jet interior
1997 P38 2.5 DSE auto & 1998 P38 2.5 DT Manual
1988 Vogue 3.5 EFI - Manual, gone.
2004 Volvo C70 2.0T convertible, had since new.
2007 Mazda MX-5 2.0 Sport Roadster/Coupé, had since new.
2024 Mini Cooper S cabrio, JCW kit, 2.0, DCT auto

Post #590228 4th Apr 2021 2:31pm
dingg1

2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

Exactly the same issues here in Portugal, if it isn't original you have to get engineering report and a further inspection to certify the mod, and this goes for putting on non standard size tyres too Shocked

Post #590229 4th Apr 2021 2:38pm
ur20v

A Trap 

Yep, even the door sticker and owners manual list tyres sizes and spec’s which are not legal here, Just what the ITV certification states. I want to run off road tyres for the campo (local rural tracks) but there are none available in the correct spec. 😩

I believe there is more scope to modify a car away from original in Germany as long as the item you are fitting is TUF approved for the car then you are OK.

There are some similar rules in the UK but not enforced and a bit vague unless you have an accident and the insurance says, that’s not standard/we didn’t know about that medication so you are not insured.

Post #590235 4th Apr 2021 3:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12