Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
harleyman

Spain 
Your opinion it´s importan for me about this L322

Hi,

I think this could be The ONE for me

One owner, full service records, 4.000€ spended like 1 year ago to renew the suspension.

this is a 09/2011 4.4Tdv8 Autobiography with a rare colour (Bournville)

It has all kind of gadgets, power rear seats, heated and ventilated, rear screens, etc.

It has 229.000kms

the only thing it has is the paint that has some scraches and needs to be polished

Post #589635 31st Mar 2021 10:48am
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Looks beautiful, that colour is an absolute gem, and very rare. I like the interior too.

As you potentially would be buying sight unseen, what happens if it goes wrong would be my main worry.

However , I do this all the time in the UK with my last 2 range rovers and a porsche panamera, so I say go for it.. but I guess you are a 2 -3 day drive away from the supplying dealer. Could you ask for a discount as you wouldn't be utilising any warranty?

Post #589639 31st Mar 2021 11:37am
Tinman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver

Love the colour very rare and worth keeping Thumbs Up

Post #589643 31st Mar 2021 11:54am
harleyman

Spain 

Thank you

I've negotiated a discount and I have a send a presale check company to revise the car

I hope everything will go ok 2012 Range Rover 4.4 tdv8 Autobiography

Post #589651 31st Mar 2021 12:01pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I like Bournville as a colour. Can't say the same about the interior colour combination, it seems very confused to me with way too many different colours going on (brown, white, black, and cherry? wood).

4k spend to renew the suspension doesn't actually mean much, what did they do and why? It really shouldn't need that doing and doesn't have to cost that much. That and the towbar would concern me. Do you know what they used to tow?

The wheels look what was in the UK standard autobiography if I am not mistaken. But they are plain silver and don't have the shadow effect. Are they original or replicas?

The side vents don't match the age of the car either in my opinion, let alone they are too shiny. So someone changed those parts at some points.

The front grille also doesn't look like the standard autobiography grill of that period for a diesel car.

So all in all it is not an original car, one of the previous owners liked to tinker with it. Unless the price is a bargain to rectify it, I would not buy that one unseen personally.

Post #589678 31st Mar 2021 2:36pm
harleyman

Spain 

I think that it is quite original but I might be wrong

I´ve seen this in the catalogue

And I donçt know why when they ordered the car they ask for a different grill

I prefer the Autobigraphy one and these side vents I don´t like them either 2012 Range Rover 4.4 tdv8 Autobiography

Post #589700 31st Mar 2021 4:15pm
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

Looking at the head on picture, that grill does look like the original 2012 Autobiography grill, silver in the middle with a black surround.

The side vents aren't the original to the car from a spec point of view but I believe they are a genuine option. I could be wrong though.

It's a nice looking car, and for me, I'd not let bits that are as easily changed as the grill or side vents put me off Smile

David. 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Post #589701 31st Mar 2021 4:24pm
kevinp

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

That is the standard front grille and standard option wheels but usually found in sparkle silver.

Post #589702 31st Mar 2021 4:35pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Oh wow! I stand corrected, it looks like was a factory option Bow down

I thought that grille was for Super Charged and the diesels (and autobiography design and black edition including super charged) had those flat ones.

Post #589703 31st Mar 2021 4:47pm
harleyman

Spain 

I do not like all that chrome in the car and I suppose that are things I will be changing sooner or later

This car has all service records and I suppose that the suspension was completely renovated by dealer when the car had some problem with it

I've asked the owner and she says that they told her to change the suspension and she said "go ahead".

Trailer hitch was used to carry bicycles (That was what she told me)

She is the only owner, till now je je

regarding the interior, I like the combination, I would rather prefer black wood, but I can not have all 2012 Range Rover 4.4 tdv8 Autobiography

Post #589704 31st Mar 2021 4:50pm
ur20v

A Trap 

I like it, especially the interior leather and wood combinations, and match the classy paint well.... looks really classy in the flesh (photos don’t do it justice) I looked at a similar SC colour Autobiography in Marbella last year, they wanted 50k€

For clarity for others commenting, Range Rovers are very rare in Spain and very expensive new and hold value extremely well compared to the UK, a truly knackered early L322 TDV8 with 300k km will still be on the market for 20k€!

Be careful of importing a vehicle with any options on it, different wheel/tyre sizes from Spainish OEM or a tow bar will cause you issue at registration/ITV, they may make you take the tow bar off and replace with a locally fitted one as you wouldn’t have the Spainish approved design certificate and approved Spainish installation cert etc. Window tints and side steps are the same issue. 🤦‍♂️

Post #589710 31st Mar 2021 5:17pm
harleyman

Spain 

Thanks for the advise

I konw that in Spain you get this legal only by paying

I'm trying to get the original equipment datasheet from main dealer as this car came with the towbar original from factory (at least thats what I´ve seen in the VIN Decoder)

The side steps I don´t really like them so It would not be a problem to take them away

I`ll keep finger cross when I go to the ITV 2012 Range Rover 4.4 tdv8 Autobiography

Post #589721 31st Mar 2021 5:53pm
ur20v

A Trap 

No problem. Don’t for get the rear tint, doesn’t look factory so unless it was installed using an approved Spainish workshop and has the approved stickers fitted under the tint it needs to come off!

My Spanish FF came with Spanish installed tow bar by the selling Range Rover dealer, they picked it up at ITV as an OEM option so it failed and the wouldn’t accept the Original Land Rover cert and fitting certificate from Land Rover because it was ‘old’! I had to apply to the original dealer and pay for a inspection and new cert. 🤦‍♂️

I also wanted all terrain tyres for the campo tracks here but there are none available in the OEM size so it’s illegal to fit them, now on the hunt for some OEM 19” wheels (both 19’s and 20’s are on the ITV cert as an option luckily) so hope to get AT tyres then. 😩

Post #589731 31st Mar 2021 6:53pm
TDV8_Tommy

Spain 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Baltic Blue

Have you got a firm import cost?

I had €7k quote originally.

FFs are rare here, especially late ones. I’ve seen ONE 2010+ L322 in nearly 5 years...

Just get a good mechanic who isn’t petrified of it. 2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Baltic Blue, Jet interior
1997 P38 2.5 DSE auto & 1998 P38 2.5 DT Manual
1988 Vogue 3.5 EFI - Manual, gone.
2004 Volvo C70 2.0T convertible, had since new.
2007 Mazda MX-5 2.0 Sport Roadster/Coupé, had since new.
2024 Mini Cooper S cabrio, JCW kit, 2.0, DCT auto

Post #589735 31st Mar 2021 7:16pm
harleyman

Spain 

Import cost with shipping it´s going to be around 3000€

I`ve been told that there is a good mechanic near my house in Madrid 2012 Range Rover 4.4 tdv8 Autobiography

Post #589761 31st Mar 2021 8:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>