Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Retro fitting Paddle Shift to early L322
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 14 <123 4 ... 121314>
Print this entire topic · 
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

Have you got the part number for the paddles? Only ones on the bay are £110.

Post #66683 2nd Jun 2011 1:40am
Baben

South Africa 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Speak to Nick Lee (parts manager) at Yeovil LR - he can get any genuine part you could wish for, and probably cheaper than eBay. I paid a lot less than 70 quid for my paddles.
Nick is on the Disco3.co.uk forum as "The Large One" (dunno why cos he's not THAT big Smile)

Post #66684 2nd Jun 2011 4:28am
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

hi matt, glad to see yours is all done, Thumbs Up as i am still away on holiday i will have to carrie on with my one when i get back. i went for the 3 channel wireless unit just incase an other mod comes up and it could pay of.

Rob, you wont find cheaper then £110 for new units i can bet on that.. that will be poweful uk and that is less then half price then land rover, i got a deal from simon for me and matt as we was working on the mod togeather and simon was willing to give us a discount inorder to help us with the costing but as i said that is cheap and you find them from any one

thanks to wiggs for the link that sorted the heated steering wheel prob as some of you may know it was one or the other
thanks to matt for all his hard work and testing the mod out Thumbs Up

and thanks to dan who sent me the link that started the whole thing in the first place Thumbs Up

all in a good mod that needs no software to get working...cheap and quite easy to do.. V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #66698 2nd Jun 2011 9:54am
stonosam

Australia 

Is there any specific reason why a dealer can't edit the CCF file? Or is it simply a case of they could do so but won't. Anybody know if someone has the required equipment in Sydney?

Post #66737 2nd Jun 2011 1:44pm
Baben

South Africa 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

AFAIK the dealer equipment just can't access anything that is not fitted as a standard feature on the vehicle.
For instance, they couldn't change the sensitivity of my rain-sensitive wipers, couldn't turn on "unlock at engine stop" etc. Only the Faultmate (or perhaps the Autologic thingy) can do this

Post #66739 2nd Jun 2011 1:56pm
Jsb

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

just a thought, but i got a new heated wheel in the new shiney soft leather with chrome spokes and paddles for 170 from this guy :

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/saf15reid/

Post #66742 2nd Jun 2011 2:15pm
pretlove

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Very Happy ive got my paddles fitted and ive now got power to them all i need to do now is also figure out a way of getting the up and down shift wires through the steering wheel to the box selector Thumbs Up almost there
A massive thanks to matt for all his help Bow down Bow down
@ dave i think i will need to do what you did to change the light on the paddles green as the white doesnt look right with my green lights Thumbs Up "RANGEISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"
www.futuresecurityservices.co.uk
Pretlove says , '' I want my car back Sad "

Post #67791 9th Jun 2011 1:43am
daveo

just use small bits of green acetate, its the same as sweet wrappers but thicker,they use in theaters over the lights
are you not using the wireless rf module V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #67879 9th Jun 2011 4:28pm
pretlove

yes im gonna go for a wireless module but unfortunatley for me i have no idea how to do it using one of those as all the ones i see in maplins seem to have remotes like this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-CHANNEL-RF-WIRELES...2eb58e7db5.....with regards to the green tint im gonna get some lighting film off of one of the film sets im working on that should do the job well Thumbs Up "RANGEISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"

Post #67890 9th Jun 2011 5:15pm
daveo

thats the item you need, what you have to do is mod the paddles to make them work as an open/close switch, then the the remote from maplins is modded by removing the switches and soldering the wires from the paddles to the points where the switches are soldered to the board. V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #67918 9th Jun 2011 7:23pm
pretlove

ive allready modded the paddles and got the power hard wired to them (i even tested them to make sure they work which they do) its just a case of getting the wires to the box now......with the wireless thing do i use the remote as the sender on the paddles? "RANGEISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"

Post #67923 9th Jun 2011 8:18pm
mattstevenson2005

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

Hi pretlove, what you need to do with the remote sender is dismantle the sender unit, use a soldering iron to carefully remove the 2 channel buttons (one big and one small) then you need to split the one ground connection from the paddle shift loom into 3, 1 for channel 1, 1 for channel 2 and 1 for connecting to the ground on the steering wheel controls.

Then on the channel 1 connection on the sender unit you need to connect a ground connection and the downshift wire to the solder pads on the circuit board. On channel 2 you need to do the same thing, one ground connection and the upshift wire.

If you are using the maplin RF device the ground and signal wires only work one way round when you are soldering them on you will have to try the system out before soldering the wires to the board, all 4 wires have to be connected to the board to test the system, if one of the grounds or signal wires are the wrong way round it will cause a short in the circuit so when you press one paddle it will send the signal to activate both relays on the receiver. (i had to solder and unsolder 4 times before i got it the right way round)

If you need any more help, let me know

Matt

Post #67930 9th Jun 2011 8:41pm
daveo

matt, did you not do a video of this... V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #67934 9th Jun 2011 8:52pm
JustinP

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Java Black

Why not order a spare transmitter and hand it to your rear passengers, that way you can all be involved with the driving, it would certainly make pulling onto a busy roundabout all the more exciting when you discover your mate has selected 6th Laughing 
Gone - Range Rover Supercharged 2006

Post #67936 9th Jun 2011 8:57pm
pretlove

JustinP wrote:
Why not order a spare transmitter and hand it to your rear passengers, that way you can all be involved with the driving, it would certainly make pulling onto a busy roundabout all the more exciting when you discover your mate has selected 6th Laughing

Big Cry my ff doesnt have 6th
@ matt and dave thanks guys i think i get the idea now Thumbs Up "RANGEISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"

Post #67937 9th Jun 2011 9:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 14 <123 4 ... 121314>