Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Bovee/Invery Issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
tpeat12

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Epsom Green
Bovee/Invery Issues

Morning All,

I’ve just picked up a 2010 s/c as an upgrade to my old Td6. Unfortunately, I’m having issues streaming Bluetooth audio. I know that Bluetooth streaming is not supported by the built-in Bluetooth and the Bluetooth telephone works fine. I purchased a Bovee 1000 adaptor with 30-pin connector, but when streaming via the adaptor, the audio sounds as though not all of the audio file is getting through to the speakers; I.e tinny sound, low volume and parts of the sound file missing. The sound for the aux cable, dab and fm all sound fine.

I’ve also tried using an invery adaptor, but both exhibit the same issue.

The only thing that springs to mind initially is that the aftermarket 30-pin cables don’t speak to the audio system correctly, but I don’t want to spend another £75+vat for a Land Rover 30-pin connector before seeing if there are any other fixes.

Any help is much appreciated.

Post #613749 25th Nov 2021 7:32am
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

My Bovee 1000 plugs straight into the socket via it's own captive cable and doesn't need an adapter. When I was looking into this there were reports of cables not working. 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #613751 25th Nov 2021 8:55am
tpeat12

Hi,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. When I refer to an ‘adaptor’, I am referring to the cable supplied with the Bovee and with the invery. The invery cable is permanently connected to the Bluetooth receiver, but the Bovee receiver can be detached from the 30-pin cable.

Post #613758 25th Nov 2021 9:33am
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

Ah just looked at mine and the bovee can indeed be detached from it's cable. Given the Ivery does the same thing I'd suspect a wiring issue after the socket or the socket itself? On the audio controls you have the option of setting the tone controls individually for each source so worth checking to make sure these are all at standard settings. 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #613761 25th Nov 2021 9:59am
tpeat12

I’d be surprised if it was the wiring between the socket and the amp but I could be wrong. Possibly moser Lilly it’s a problem with the socket (damaged by forcibly removing a previous cable), or it requires an original OEM cable. The number of pins on the Bovee cable and on the Invery cables are different which seems a bit strange to me.

Post #613824 25th Nov 2021 7:56pm
tpeat12

A quick update for anyone who is interested.

I removed the ipod and USB assembly from the centre console and noticed that the connector at the rear of the module was the same as the one for the ipod cable. I inserted the cable from the rear of the module into the ipod connector, (on the front) and inserted the ipod connector into the rear of the module; i.e. I swapped the connector around and hey presto, the Bovee and Invery products both worked perfectly.

I then disconnected the unit and played about with some of the pin receptacles in the ipod connector with a toothpick - reinserted as normal and everything works perfectly.

I wonder if one of the pin receptacles was perhaps slightly bent or something along those lines. Anyway, all sorted now, but maybe something to try for those who are findings issues.

Post #614369 1st Dec 2021 12:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1