Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Any iPhone Bluetooth experts here please???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i get what you're trying to achieve Craig but i think its one or the other...the carplay will want to connect first cos it wants all the audio to go through it...

if you want the audio from the phone via direct BT then i can only think that switching off carplay will do that..

[this is a guess..can you select where the audio goes via the phone settings ??]

although connected with a cable ,my stand alone android auto unit needs a BT connection to 'shake hands' with the unit which means all my phone calls and audio goes through the unit... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #618842 5th Jan 2022 1:12pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Exactly that Stan.

It’s a “pain” trying to connect to my BlackVue dash cams as well. I have to disallow the phone to connect to CarPlay and/or wait for the Range Rover systems to go back to sleep again.

Post #618848 5th Jan 2022 2:03pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

stan wrote:
i get what you're trying to achieve Craig but i think its one or the other...the carplay will want to connect first cos it wants all the audio to go through it...

if you want the audio from the phone via direct BT then i can only think that switching off carplay will do that..

[this is a guess..can you select where the audio goes via the phone settings ??]

although connected with a cable ,my stand alone android auto unit needs a BT connection to 'shake hands' with the unit which means all my phone calls and audio goes through the unit...

Stan, if I change the selected device to ‘Craig’s Range Rover” then the system works perfectly, as I want it too… But then when you cycle the ignition, the CarPlay takes president again and you then need to go back into Spotify and change the device (if you want to continue using CarPlay) BUT, at this point, if you don’t change the device, you won’t get any music because the CarPlay kit needs your car output to be set to Aux rather than Bluetooth…

Does that all make sense?

Post #618857 5th Jan 2022 2:22pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

it does..

i think because this carplay 'addon' isnt completely integrated into the FF's system [as the newer FF's are] then its a choice of BT with the phone or BT with carplay..

its like 2 systems fighting over the BT connection whereas the newer FF's only have one BT connection..

[still looking on google for you Wink ] ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Last edited by stan on 5th Jan 2022 3:16pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #618864 5th Jan 2022 2:42pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

so it appears you can connect more than one item on the iphones's BT but if i've read it correctly ,only one BT 'audio' output..

have you thought about having 2 phones ..one connected to the FF and the other to carplay.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #618868 5th Jan 2022 3:14pm
CMJ

2015 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Santorini Black

Hi Craig. Doesn’t solve your issue but why do you want to connect Bluetooth as well as CarPlay ? With these units once CarPlay is connected wirelessly I understood they are fully featured. Thereby can play music, can be controlled by the steering wheel and can make and receive calls hands free using the phone and message functions as well as Siri built into CarPlay. Unless I am missing something why would you need to cross back into the LR environment ? 2013 L405 AB 4.4SDV8 Luxor/Ivory, 2007 Vogue TDV8 Epson Green/Sand, 2008 Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue/Sand, 2003 Vogue 4.4 LPG Epsom Green/Sage, 1998 Vogue SE 4.6 LPG Epsom Green/Cream

Post #618935 6th Jan 2022 1:02am
Ffrr-lover

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

Hi Craig,
How did you get on with this? Did you manage to find a solution?
I expect you’ll be fighting with the CarPlay vs Bluetooth connections as they are conflicting approaches. Apple devices like to do it their way only, and their way is CarPlay and that’s it - the CarPlay takes care of the screen, audio, calls, etc thereby making Bluetooth redundant (and because its Apple, then tough!)

You may be able to force Bluetooth afterwards, but that’s a fudge… and its possible that it may not be doable after the next iPhone update.

However, i am happy to be wrong as it opens up more possibilities for them separate screen CarPlay devices… Currently driving: 2012 L322 SE Overfinch 4.4 tdv8

Past rides:
2014 Audi Q7 3.0d (good riddance)
2010 L322 Autobiography 5.0 Supercharged
2011 L320 HSE 3.0 sdv6
2014 Jaguar XF-RS 5.0 supercharged
2007 BMW 535D
2005 Mini Cooper S

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic59478.html

Post #619093 7th Jan 2022 10:53am
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

That is just an opinion piece and not fact based at all. I explained several times in here how it works and it is fully standards compliant.

Post #619104 7th Jan 2022 12:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12