Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Would you keep or would you sell... --->
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
vs322

Greece 2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Thank you all for the input. I'm so much looking forward to taking her for a spin with a nice cup of espresso lungo on the holder...I miss the smell of the cabin and the sound of the V8. Hope everything goes smoothly with this repair...

Post #622353 3rd Feb 2022 5:27pm
Chrali

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

It looks great, its had shed loads spent on it and I assume its paid for,so if you're still feeling the love then keep it. Encourage alternative fuels, use all the petrol!
2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 TDV8
2006 Mercedes GL420 CDI
2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
2006 Jeep Commander 3.0 CDI with GDE HOT Tune
1997 Nissan Patrol 4.2 GRSE
1995 Vauxhall Monterey Diamond 3.2 v6
1994 Range Rover 4.2 LSE Beluga Black, Softdash, Brooklands Body Kit - Loved it!
1993 Range Rover 4.2 LSE ended up converted to 300tdi

Post #622370 3rd Feb 2022 8:46pm
vs322

It was purchased right and with some discretionary funds. Practically cost me very little to acquire.
Had it been otherwise I would most like have abandoned the project. I'm still getting second thoughts about it occasionally (this thread is clearly about that) but it all still seems to make sense in the grand scheme.

Post #622375 3rd Feb 2022 8:59pm
vs322

Unfortunately there's an end to everything nice. There has to be one, sooner or later and for my fattie, I guess this is it.
For almost 3 years now, I've been taking great care of it and never refused anything it may have needed. I took no shortcuts in maintenance, well, other than avoiding the stealership, that is.... The foot long laundry list af the beginning of the thread is a testament to this...
I don't know whose fault it is that the ABS module gave up the ghost and is now beyond repair. I won't even get into another rant on negligence on the part of garages etc.
All I know is I've had ENOUGH. Nothing seems to get fixed at the first attempt and even if it does, something else will crop up. It's beginning to feel like a lost cause.
I've recently lost some other valuable possessions to theft. I took it pretty well, after a day or two of having the blues...And I've moved on since.
I'm sure I'll move on further after getting rid of the fatty and cutting my losses right here. And hit "reset".
I'm fixing the ABS next week and off to the dealer it goes. I'll be checking in here from time to time though. Appreciated the company through this journey.

All the best!

Thumbs Up

Post #626388 17th Mar 2022 3:13pm
Perce

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

Get the ABS sorted, then take a couple of weeks ‘breather’ before selling it. You’ve invested so much into getting it sorted, and it looks a great car. Imagine how you’ll feel if you sell it, and then see the new owner in it, grinning from ear to ear. You’ll have ‘sellers remorse’ and will be on the hunt for a replacement before you know it. Keep it would be my advice Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #626398 17th Mar 2022 5:24pm
vs322

Thanks for your kind advice which I'm considering very seriously. All this time I've been immune to that "what's next" feeling and just did what had to be done, hunting down every fault and definitively clearing up each and every code thrown. But lately, to my horror, I've been catching myself panicking over rattles, squeaks and that fear of the unknown with every turn of the key. That "bong" sound gives me the creeps every time I'm hearing it; I've even disabled it from the ice notification...I'm a grown up boy, It's winter, I fully expect ice at 4 in the am while driving through the middle of nowhere to the swamps for a duck hunt, thanks...
This whole thing is beginning to take a toll on my health I'm afraid.
Perhaps a group therapy would be in order Whistle

Post #626402 17th Mar 2022 6:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12