Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > First time L322 owner
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Great pics and awesome car (well I would say that wouldn't I?)

splash out on a GAP IID tools. Its by far the most comprehensive and easy to use. Get a Bluetooth (BT) one. they come up for sale on here at times.

PS first dibs on your gun drawers if you upgrade. I think they're Smash!

Post #640197 19th Aug 2022 4:13pm
vs322

Greece 2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

+1 on the BT IID tool Thumbs Up Saved me hundreds if not thousands in just a year. Plus you get to customize stuff. An absolute must in the glove box just as the spare tyre in the boot!

Post #640289 20th Aug 2022 1:18pm
kyrantaylor

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

Still slowly figuring out the minor battery draining issue.
Picked up a new heater control panel, and final stage resistor.

Changing the heater control panel was pretty straightforward, but having some bother with the final stage resistor. Seems pretty stuck in, and the location doesn't make it easy to get a proper look! Will have another go at it next week.

Other than that the L322 has been a dream. Have just ticked over 100,000 miles on it. Has been perfect with some of the inclement weather, especially on shoot days! It is due it's MOT next month, so fingers crossed it sails through.

In other news, I'm very much considering getting a slightly older L405, but worry I would then not use the L322 so much. I think I'm going to test drive one this weekend. So shall see!

Here is some photo spam since my last update:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #648219 16th Nov 2022 10:25am
kyrantaylor

Managed to eventually get out the old FSR (with the help of some pliers as the clips were incredibly stiff!).
Battery draining issue seems to have been resolved.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Also, any recommendations where I can get a towbar to fit the mount as pictured? I do most of my towing with my pickup, but would be handy to have the option with the L322!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #648326 17th Nov 2022 10:29am
rjff

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Morning

Looking at that fitting I think it's the factory fitted Westphalia item.

If so you have two options. This link is to PF J.

https://www.pfjones.co.uk/tow-bars/land-ro...wbars.html

If you don't feel like paying full wack then you may find one on ebay or perhaps a wanted ad on here may turn up trumps from a member. Both items are available from PFJ.

Theflalnge towbar (or farmers' hitch) allows the option of height alterations and the fitting of a NATO or pin type towing eye. If you purchase privately ensure the seller of a swan nekk has the receiver which fits into the subframe. (see the fitting instructions for the item in the first diagram here)

https://www.pfjones.co.uk/westfalia_fitting/323062.pdf

Good luck. Cheers
Richard

(there are no such things as an ordinary FullFat, an ordinary cat or too many tools)
2011 TDV8 Vogue Santorini Black
Gap IIDBT

Post #648331 17th Nov 2022 11:16am
pcourtney

England 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Sumatra Black

looks the same towbar as my Epsom Green 2004 V8 4.4 Petrol, which has the more expensive detachable towbar

https://www.pfjones.co.uk/range-rover-l322...-only.html

Post #648334 17th Nov 2022 11:56am
rvbush

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Unless Westphalia have some more, you may well find they are unavailable. Best check with PF Jones, but if they are unavailable PFJ should get them off their website. Drives:
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue - Stornoway Grey
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue SE - Zermatt Silver
1998 BMW E36 M3 GTII

Post #648344 17th Nov 2022 3:55pm
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

kyrantaylor wrote:
RR is currently wonky again, after forgetting to plug in - so will need another trip to the garage to reset the system again. Heavily considering investing in the fault resetting tool myself. Any suggestions?

Almost everyone on here will tell you the same thing, get the IID tool. I have one and it means you can reset the suspension when you want should you need. It will also diagnose lots of issues for you. They are expensive, but fairly easy to sell on if you change the car. It will save you time and money in the long run.

Lovely car by the way. My favourite colour scheme, and I had no idea de-blinging was so popular. 10 years ago everyone was fitting the biggest wheels they could and chroming everything up.

Mine came on 21's and I switched to my previous L322's 19's, and it rides much better and is noticeably quieter.

Not so sure about the drinks/gun cabinet, although it looks tastefully done. It's just the combination of cars, guns and drink! Laughing

***EDIT - Just realised I hadn't read page 3 with the feedback on the IID tool.

Post #648347 17th Nov 2022 4:55pm
pcourtney

my 2004 Epsom Green and Interior "Aspen over Ivory" is really highly regarded as well, it is pretty rare but super combo IMHO

I also sold the 21" rims and replaced with stock 19", after seeing Harry on youtube and his 2006 Green L322 Smile

&ab_channel=Harry%27sgarage

Post #648374 17th Nov 2022 9:41pm
rjff

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

rvbush wrote:
Unless Westphalia have some more, you may well find they are unavailable. Best check with PF Jones, but if they are unavailable PFJ should get them off their website.

to clarify my reply:

I can only go by what I was told, but I spoke to PFJ this morning to check while writing the reply to the OP. They said both are available. Some months ago they also told me the subframe assembly that fits the car is no longer manufactured. I understand the towing parts identified would be considered replacement for worn units so they assumed that these may remain available for a while.

Kyrantaylor: Hope this helps and I like your gun cabinet. Thumbs Up

Perhaps some pics of it in use??!!!! Cheers
Richard

(there are no such things as an ordinary FullFat, an ordinary cat or too many tools)
2011 TDV8 Vogue Santorini Black
Gap IIDBT

Post #648377 17th Nov 2022 10:21pm
pcourtney

there are many in breakers yards and ebay, no need to buy new, as they refurbish up really well those Westfalia hitches Smile

Post #648378 17th Nov 2022 10:27pm
JCW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Sumatra Black

If you’re still looking, might be worth a cheeky offer Thumbs Up

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385242392897?ha...R4KUjfWRYQ

Post #648516 19th Nov 2022 11:04am
kyrantaylor

As I'm still heavily considering an L405 in the near future, I plan to turn this L322 into something a bit more practical for farm usage, and still the odd shoot day.

To that end, I have acquired quite a heavy duty tow bar with a big bash plate. I chose this over some of the 'tidier' looking easily removable westfalia hitches available.

In my excitement for it arriving I foolishly decided to push in the hitch without checking for any debris in the hole. Turns out there was some quite thick mud stuck in, and the hitch was now very much stuck. I had to use my pickup to remove it! Lesson learned.

Click image to enlarge

I think it looks rather good. You may notice the bolts aren't quite tight - as some of my tools have gone walkabout, so popping over to a friends this evening to steal his.

Click image to enlarge

Excuse the dirt! My girlfriend had a rather bad fall out riding this weekend, so I have since been driving her about a lot in the comfort of the L322. The battery draining issue still seems to be solved, but there's been a few times where it hasn't started as easily as I'd like - so think Im going to buy a new battery (as this current one has been charged from dead 10+ times).

Other future jobs on this car:
The car was missing it's amplifier when I purchased it (was fried due to water ingress), so going to look into an alternative way to get the sound working, and hopefully upgrade the head unit at the same time.

Change the key fob to one of the more modern looking flip keys.

Replacement switch for the hill descent, as mine was snapped off when purchased.

Investigate the rear heated screen not working.

Investigate one of the rear doors not unlocking.

and remove the last of the 'supercharged' chrome bits, to my quite evidently non-supercharged RR! (see pics below).

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #648872 22nd Nov 2022 3:05pm
pcourtney

progress mate - well done

let me know how you get on with extra keys, apparently the EWS box under the gear lever needs removing temporarily to have more keys

I cannot find anyone to do a couple more for me on my 2004 BMW engine Range Rover for under £75 quid each

&ab_channel=JSFAuto%2B

Post #648873 22nd Nov 2022 3:17pm
Jayk69

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Barolo Black

new battery will be a must if it is over 5 years old. these cars are very picky with their battery and condition. make sure you get a AGM one too.
i had loads of issues, never had issue with draining but other electrical gremlins. Had a battery test done and it said battery was at 47% even fully charged. but the cranking power was half what it should be. anyhow changed it not had an issue since. even left for three weeks at the airport no issue. 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 - Current
2014 Navara V6 - Gone
2004 Vogue TD6 - Gone
Grand Cherokee - Gone
Discovery V8 (LPG) - Gone
Discovery TD5 - Gone

Post #648889 22nd Nov 2022 5:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>