Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Test drive today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Vogue wrote:
The problem with the new Defender is the boot space even in the 110 is very poor compared to the FFRR - it’s just too narrow especially if you need to accommodate a dog box and other paraphernalia.

Think that’s the impression the door opening gives, looking at the load space dimensions.

Post #628268 10th Apr 2022 1:04pm
Tom_T

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

I put 27,000 miles on my Defender 90 since I got it last May, so I’ve got a large amount of data to be able to compare it to my previous L405. In terms of comfort and refinement the L405 was way better. The defender is very very good, but not Range Rover quality. Where the Defender worked for me was that I could abuse it more than I could my L405 (carrying tools around, getting in it with muddy boots, etc) but from a pure driving perspective I’d have another Range Rover over a Defender. I’m keen to test drive the L460 to see if it’s a step up from the L405 which would justify the price hike. Tom

2013 Causeway Grey 4.4 AB
2017 Ford Ranger 3.2 Limited
2016 Ford Focus RS

Post #628270 10th Apr 2022 1:32pm
mikef

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

So the early reports suggest that L-R might be taking the Censored with the pricing of the new L460 at £100k+? I predict the same thing might happen with the new RRS as well. I went to the reveal event last weekend and it seems the starting price for a poverty spec SE D300 is now £80k which compares to a starting price of £66k for the old model, albeit with a D250 engine. I specced up a new SE D300 with a few essential extras and the price was around £90k which used to be new L405 territory

For sure, L-R will get away with this (arguably) predatory pricing because new RR/RRS dont come along very often and long deliveries for all manufacturers mean that most punters will pay whatever prices they are asked for these days but I can't help feeling that in 2-3yrs time when the market has hopefully returned to normality, there are going to be some big discounts on the new RR/RRS

Post #628362 11th Apr 2022 2:03pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

I will wait for the Hydrogen engine then Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #628363 11th Apr 2022 2:17pm
7 CDB

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Loire Blue

mikef wrote:
So the early reports suggest that L-R might be taking the Censored with the pricing of the new L460 at £100k+? I predict the same thing might happen with the new RRS as well. I went to the reveal event last weekend and it seems the starting price for a poverty spec SE D300 is now £80k which compares to a starting price of £66k for the old model, albeit with a D250 engine. I specced up a new SE D300 with a few essential extras and the price was around £90k which used to be new L405 territory

For sure, L-R will get away with this (arguably) predatory pricing because new RR/RRS dont come along very often and long deliveries for all manufacturers mean that most punters will pay whatever prices they are asked for these days but I can't help feeling that in 2-3yrs time when the market has hopefully returned to normality, there are going to be some big discounts on the new RR/RRS

To be fair the cost of materials has increased to levels never seen before and still rising. I still think for what a FFRR is capable off the cost* isn’t too bad compared to rivals *still a lot of money

Post #628375 11th Apr 2022 5:09pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Bizarrely the most comfortable seats of my 4 FFRRs was my 2002 TD6. Once did an 11 hour run to the alps (one fuel stop), arrived and skied for the day with no probs. Every newer car I Have had, the seats were more difficult to find the right position for total comfort.

Have also driven the new defender, ok, but at over £65k for the spec I wanted, nowhere near worth swapping for a FFRR.

Post #628377 11th Apr 2022 5:29pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

mikef wrote:

I still think the L460 FFRR is great value for money compared to rivals (I include Bentayga and Cullinan in that), and I think JLR know this, hence the revised pricing.

On a positive note, it's great news for L405 values, as the gap between these and the L460 is getting greater, keeping L405 values very strong indeed Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #628412 11th Apr 2022 9:44pm
mikef

7 CDB wrote:

To be fair the cost of materials has increased to levels never seen before and still rising. I still think for what a FFRR is capable off the cost* isn’t too bad compared to rivals *still a lot of money

Yup fair comment but I dont see other manufacturers' prices going up by similar amounts

As for the Bentayga and Cullinan, sorry but if you can afford one of those I dont think you're going to be looking at a Range Rover and thats not because I think those 2 cars are significantly better

Post #628450 12th Apr 2022 3:16pm
aja500

Sorry to make you look stupid, but you're completely wrong mikef.

Please see below a photo of the Cullinan I took delivery of in March last year, which I then sold and swapped back into a new L405 Range Rover LWB in December of last year. I also have a new L460 LWB on order.

I've also had several Bentayga's on loan while owning a Mulsanne Speed.

So clearly I can afford both and I know exactly what I'm talking about!

The Range Rover is actually very difficult to beat, and doesn't always get the recognition it deserves, largely because of it's popularity and large numbers produced.

In all honesty, the Cullinan probably is a slightly better car than the L405, but it's not £200k better.

As for the L460, a review I saw the other day said that with the noise cancelling now installed in the L460, JLR claim it's actually quieter in the cabin than the Cullinan.

As the L460 also now has rear wheel steer, who knows which will turn out to be the better car!

Click image to enlarge

Post #628459 12th Apr 2022 3:52pm
mikef

Blimey a willy waving contest. I didnt think my post deserved that. Btw those toys dont impress me. Try a bit harder

Post #628487 12th Apr 2022 8:13pm
RDR

United Kingdom 

The cabin noise feedback is interesting, I have a hse on order and am not expecting to get noise cancellation I think it only comes with the top meridian option? If people are road testing lower spec and press get the higher spec there will be a clear divide in impression. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Post #628493 12th Apr 2022 8:47pm
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

mikef wrote:
Blimey a willy waving contest. I didnt think my post deserved that. Btw those toys dont impress me. Try a bit harder

Please try to behave like a gentleman here letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #628499 12th Apr 2022 9:47pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

RDR wrote:
The cabin noise feedback is interesting, I have a hse on order and am not expecting to get noise cancellation I think it only comes with the top meridian option? If people are road testing lower spec and press get the higher spec there will be a clear divide in impression.

Yes it’s only on the Signature sound system.

Post #628503 12th Apr 2022 10:06pm
aja500

mikef wrote:

To be fair Mike, when you chose to call into question my comments, by making the following patronising statement:

"Sorry, but if you can afford one of those, I don't think you're going to be looking at a Range Rover"

What you were basically trying to say, is that I can't afford a Cullinan or Bentayga........ So, of course you deserve to be shot down.

I also recently noticed that the Queen regularly enjoys a Range Rover (a dated old L322 no less). Based on your assessment, should we all believe that she's a bit skint, and can't stretch to a Rolls or a Bentley?

As for toys, I don't need to try any harder........ And I certainly don't calculate my wealth based on 'toys".

I really don't want to fall out with you Mike, so please, let's just leave it at that.

Post #628505 12th Apr 2022 10:15pm
7 CDB

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Loire Blue

To be fair tho’ - pulling a Cullinan out of the bag as a slap down was pretty funny 😂😂😂😂

We are only here for the fun guys 👍🙏

Post #628517 13th Apr 2022 5:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>