Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > Range Rover World or Poseidon’s infotainment upgrades?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
RoverP5B Coupe

Wales 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I felt the same about the match and felt it over-sold rather than being realistic about it.

I sadly did have issues with Poseidon. Issues raised were treated like I should have known the answer and the replacements of the units difficult. They were happy to send a replacement for the screen surround without the need to return the faulty one first, but wanted the faulty HVAC unit sent back before sending a replacement citing t&cs with no logic. I bought another HVAC unit from them so that I didn't have to reinstall the old meantime with the car in constant use. They didn't quibble the return/refund - they just didn't do it and ignored emails and phonecalls. I was at the point of giving instruction to a solicitor when the monies were returned.

It's a shame as they initially appeared a decent bunch if indeed it is, could be just the one guy. Install videos are great and the products are good and to be recommended but the input of Poseidon in the products is questionable and appear just branded box.

Post #665080 25th May 2023 10:16pm
vnitos

South Africa 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Thanks - does not bode well as I planned to get me one of the 12.3 screens from them as Range rover world only has the 10" screen and RRW dont sell the Pivi screen to DIYers. I am in South Africa so not option to have it fitted by RRW

Post #665370 29th May 2023 10:26am
py6km

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Siberian Silver

I would tend to agree with all of this and the points from your previous post, as it mirrors my experience. I am now at a similar point - faulty unit sent back over a month ago, no sign of refund, emails ignored and unfortunately no sign of a phone number anywhere. I have sent a final email indicating that legal action will, sadly, have to be the next step.

I too had the explanation for the HVAC unit buttons being half obscured -- similarly, I didn't buy it, and found it quite frankly a little dangerous to not have immediate and unhindered access to the hazard button. I also struggled to figure out how to operate the massage function for the seats. I seem to remember that there was simply no option for this on the HVAC unit, and so recourse had to be made to the original operating system via the Android/satnav screen. Poor me, of course, but still...not terribly slick.

One other thing to note -- although the colour match was obviously not great (not terrible mind you, but certainly noticeable), the leather surround on the satnav (at least on the one I had) did not have any stitching. You will note that the original does. To me, this stuck out like a sore thumb given that it's installed adjacent to two other interior trim parts that are stitched.

Installation of everything was fairly straightforward, although routing of some cables to the glovebox is a bear. I also had no mic included in my kit, so had to buy one separately to get it all working properly.

Broadly speaking, I'd urge some caution, both from a product and an aftersales point of view.

I'm now having to pursue a refund through the 'small claims court' Mad

Post #670426 4th Aug 2023 9:56am
JCW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Sumatra Black

I’ve had recent’ish dealings with Poseidon regarding the touchscreen AC panel.

The supplied plastic bracket that screws to the dashboard was not fitting correctly in so much as when the screen was fitted, it was slightly too low and the lower edge was pressing onto the sliding cup holder cover, meaning it didn’t slide open / close properly.

I emailed Dan and without question or undue delay, he sent a new bracket at no cost.

So based on my own experience, I had no complaints. Jonathan

2007 Defender 90 XS Hardtop

Post #670429 4th Aug 2023 10:31am
RoverP5B Coupe

Wales 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Is yours with CD slot Jonathan?

There is little wriggle room and I'm guessing yours without but if it is, does the new bracket still leave the hazard/ eject half obscured?

I still find the excuse so tenuous that they put the buttons like this and customers wanted it to look like the later version and they be practically hidden. They (poseidon) didn't spec the HVAC and they are available considerably cheaper elsewhere. There are 2 manufacturers, poseidon claiming they supply the best one in one breath, the other in the next.

My system is working okay but glitchy and boy does it drain the phone battery.

The screen still looks far better than the RRW version IMO though.

Post #670481 4th Aug 2023 10:25pm
Goodfella

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Causeway Grey

Well judging by this thread, it’s the Range Rover world upgrade for me..

Post #671542 19th Aug 2023 5:00pm
GaryR

Australia 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Fuji White
Poseidon Automotive head unit

I would like to share my experience with Poseidon. The bottom line is I certainly would not recommend them. This is why:
After reviewing the on line Videos (very slick) I ordered the 10.25” Merryway upgrade kit
What was delivered was NOT what was shown in the video.
When asked why, Poseidon said it was the new improved model.
When it came to installing it, the parts delivered did not match the on line video and of course there were no instructions. So I had to wing it using snippets of the on line videos to get an idea of what to do.
There were multiple dimensional problems with the unit that I had to overcome
- the inner close out panel was too close to the GPS fitting (crushing the cable) so I had to cut out a slot in the close out panel to allow the GPS cable to bend as required and be installed ( it should have had a 90 deg fitting not a straight)
- The entire rear case was 5mm out of position (off centre) preventing the leather cover panel being installed (because the locating pin could not go into the boss in the dash panel). I had to drill a new set of holes in the rear metal case to bias the screen across 5 mm to make it centre in the dash
- Then the trim clips could NOT engage and the leather trim was 5mm out of flush to the glove box but could not go any further in. So I had to pack out the mounting clip brackets by 3mm which included welding more metal onto the lower brackets. Then I had to cut 5 mm out of the side mounting brackets and file some of the centre of the bracket to allow the whole head unit move further into the dash by 5mm to sit flush.
Finally the unit was mounted and the trim fitted properly but I felt like I was making a prototype part!
Electrically the unit mostly works but I still have the following problems and Poseidon have not responded after multiple emails over 2 weeks.
- SIM card reader does not work (new SIM card purchased for this unit) and no instructions on how to make it work
- should be able to have the Land Rover logo on boot up per their videos - this unit can’t do that
- phone works in some modes but sometimes I cannot hear the other party.
- they did not supply a thermal pad to replace the one used on the original Bosch unit - saying it is not needed. After this installation experience I am sourcing my own and will pull the unit out again and fit one (based on this experience I will trust the Bosch design more).

So overall a very disappointing experience, and not what I would want anyone else to go through.
Now I will see how long it lasts/works for!

Post #671577 20th Aug 2023 9:36am
lee.norg

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Waitomo Grey

Thanks for the info. I was also looking at the Android 12.3 upgrade screen for my 2016 AB from Poseidon but wanted some further reviews from folks off here - based on the feedback, I think I'll steer clear and stick with my factory unit.

I've also noticed that the Poseidon website has now been taken down and after some further checks it would appear Poseidon Automotive has a - Active proposal to strike off in relation to the company. 2016 Range Rover L405 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #672875 7th Sep 2023 9:09am
vnitos

South Africa 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

willowzn wrote:
I had the "2022" system installed by Charles @ Range Rover World a couple of weeks ago. I have to say I'm very impressed the system looks and feels high quality. It does a very good job of only ever showing you the polished Range Rover esq User Interface rather than native Android. We always use Android Auto and have also tested carplay with my sons iPhone both work faultlessly and crucially for me have perfect audio quality where as the other solutions we've had have had some interference type noise that I could never completely eliminate. The reverse camera works instantly, and the whole unit is booted up in less that 10 seconds and starts android auto where you left off.

Charles is a really knowledgeable and nice chap, his workshop setup is excellent with fast WiFi a desk and external monitor for any of us who need to work for a living and can do it from behind a laptop.

All in All, I'd recommend it. Yes it's possibly a bit pricey, but my view is we're lucky to have people like Charles (and others) putting in the time, money and effort to bring products like this to market and in my opinion completely modernise the only part of our 2015 Autobigraphy that was making me thinking of upgrading. So if paying slightly more in the early days helps keep that going then I'm all for it.

@willowzn, any feedback / update regarding your experience with the Rangeroverworld system

Post #677143 3rd Nov 2023 9:26am
Drago1882

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV6 Fuji White

Hi Guys,

First post here after coming over from a different forum. (L494)
I purchased one of the Poseidon units for my L494 the back end of last year.
I have noticed that Poseidon are longer no more and have also taken down their You Tube channels
Unfortunately I am now having trouble with my unit (no surprise there)

For an unknown reason although nothing has changed or been touched when going back to the OE Land Rover part of the screen I am getting “no signal” on the main screen.
This therefore stops anything working in relation to the OE background system.
I can connect to the Wi-Fi of the Android head unit and Apple CarPlay but nothing is going through the “auxillary” of the old system. Nothing happens when you press any of the OE menu buttons (although the reversing camera still works)

Anyone know what could be the issue?
Also can anyone remember the “code” to access the Android back menu, as again this was on Poseidon’s website before it was taken down

Click image to enlarge

Post #677246 4th Nov 2023 4:04pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

bit of a faff to do but it could be a loose connection on the rear of the unit... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #677249 4th Nov 2023 4:34pm
GaryR

The Poseidon access code for my unit is 3368

I too occasionally get the “ no signal” screen but so far it is is intermittent and self resets - so I haven’t chased this issue.
What I am investigating now on the Poseidon unit is why audio turn by turn instructions from a navigation APP loaded does not come through the car aux audio, but they do when using Google Maps?

Post #677273 4th Nov 2023 7:41pm
Drago1882

stan wrote:
bit of a faff to do but it could be a loose connection on the rear of the unit...

Gonna give this a try today, hopefully that’s all it is fingers crossed.

Post #677302 5th Nov 2023 9:18am
Drago1882

GaryR wrote:
The Poseidon access code for my unit is 3368

I too occasionally get the “ no signal” screen but so far it is is intermittent and self resets - so I haven’t chased this issue.
What I am investigating now on the Poseidon unit is why audio turn by turn instructions from a navigation APP loaded does not come through the car aux audio, but they do when using Google Maps?

Thanks for this, that code definitely rings a bell.

Personally I haven’t noticed what you describe above regarding CarPlay but will give it a try and see.
One of my biggest gripes with the system is how “quiet” the hands free system is compared to the oe system.
And I did upgrade the microphone prior to fitment and installed in the middle just below the rear view mirror.

Post #677303 5th Nov 2023 9:22am
GaryR

I too mounted the microphone near the mirror. Personally I have found the whole phone pairing experience poor. The OE phone and Bluetooth pairing appears more reliable than the android pairing. I will see how it works when I get a new phone.
As for the turn by turn audio. I now have a suggested fix that I will try in the next few days.

Post #677309 5th Nov 2023 10:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>