Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Amzon Echo Auto
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Garymahoo

Scotland 
Amzon Echo Auto

Hello all,
Does anyone have any experience using the Amazon Echo Auto in their FF?
Just a thought as installing the Navi Plus system looks just a bit beyond my capabilities. Mines a 2011 Vogue 4.4 TDV8
Thanks

Post #643130 16th Sep 2022 5:45pm
garyRR

United Kingdom 

Take a look at the Bovee Bluetooth adapter? It just plugs into ipod dock inside the arm rest and allows you to use Bluetooth streaming / audio from your phone.

Then it's just a case of having a car mount for your phone when you need to use it in such way. I have voice activated Alexa and Google (which I use most) set up on my phone and control it all that way. 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #643141 16th Sep 2022 8:08pm
Garymahoo

Scotland 

Thanks Gary.
Will do. I have one if the small bluetooth adaptors which is ok but i was looking for a little more control.
Never thought about using the Alexa on my phone Rolling Eyes . Total Dinosaur me.

Post #643173 17th Sep 2022 3:45am
bwelton

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

I have both the Bovee and the Amazon Echo Auto. I have the Echo linked to an Alexa Routine to Open my Gate via Voice when I am approaching my home, so that the gate is fully open by the time I reach the driveway.

Other than the gate operation, I don’t really use it for anything else, but of course I could use it for Music and Google Maps Navigation control.

The Bovee acts to as the Bluetooth Interface for the Sound to pass from my phone to the FF. So the Bovee and Echo Auto work together. The Echo does not replicate the functions of the Bovee.

I have not tried it, but if you use and iPhone, that Siri, could possibly provide all the functions of the Amazon Echo Auto, however for the Gate Integration that I have, I would also need an Apple Homehub running in the house to bridge the Gate to Siri. BTW if anybody is interested in the SmartHome aspects for Gate Integration etc, then I recommend the Shelly1 from Shelly. -------------------------------------
MY 2012 4.4 TDV8

Post #643178 17th Sep 2022 7:51am
garyRR

United Kingdom 

Garymahoo wrote:
Thanks Gary.
Will do. I have one if the small bluetooth adaptors which is ok but i was looking for a little more control.
Never thought about using the Alexa on my phone Rolling Eyes . Total Dinosaur me.

You can set both Google or Alexa on your phone up to respond to a voice command. It will use the microphone on your phone (which are sensitive enough these days then play back the audio through the bluetooth to the car anyway). The Bovee adaptor allows you to use the next and back controls on the steering wheel, assuming you use Spotify/Apple Music/have music stored on your phone. So, I'm not really sure what other value the Echo Auto would add vs what your phone can already do.

There is one other option - there's a thread on here. There's a cheap CarPlay screen (about £125 iirc) which only needs a power source - it mounts above the existing screen (for me I'm not overly keen on that) and all you need to do is run the power cable down to the fuse box. It has Bluetooth so, again, all audio will come through your car stereo. 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #643185 17th Sep 2022 10:14am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1