Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Arggh First Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
vanquishspirit

United Kingdom 
Arggh First Fault

So 3800 miles into my L460 experience , Houston we have a problem . Warning came on to tell me that the suspension had a fault. Pressed the Assistance button and had a call from Land Rover Assist. Quite bizarre as I also got a call on my hands free at the same time from a family member, I suppose I thought it used the same phone but clearly it doesn't. 2 calls at once!
Anyway waited in all day to get a tech to come and read the codes. Something to do with the ARB , a problem the factory has picked up in production and there is a software update for it. Great , so he updated it and went on his way. First drive up came a warning notification saying there is a suspension fault, but this time its in RED and suggests pulling up! Now what? NO idea to be honest whats the best thing to do. I cant see that the local dealer is going to have much of a clue. Shame.

I SHOULD ADD HOWEVER..... unlike my dear friend Dixy, I think the new car is awesome. Every time I look at it or drive it it excites me and makes me feel good. I dont dislike the steering wheel but do agree with Dixy that the lighting control is unfathomable to me. I turned the lights off and could not get them back on at all. Eventually by flicking the control back and forth I did get headlights but I was thinking I may have to call the dealer to tell me how to get the lights on! I find the seat belt buckle too low down and if I am wearing a coat its almost impossible to reach easily. I dont like the rear seats having had executive in my last L405 , the current centre armrest is very cheap. But my biggest negative is the fuel filler. What are they thinking about at Land Rover? Its a plastic panel that doesn't fit well and even has a different profile to the body panel that surrounds it. If I thought I could get something done about it I would ask the dealer to bring it up with LR. BUT, for all this, probably my 12 th new Range Rover from memory, its a wonderful motor car.

EDIT.. Looking at the road grime, grit and dirt on my car, I do worry how the gloss black plastic trims along the bottom of the car are going to hold up. I think they are plastic and if they are anything like the old C/D posts on the L405 they will scratch. Maybe the factory should cover them with PPF? 2006 S/C owned from new. Black, sand with black inserts. Shes a thirsty girl. ( now gone)

1972 Suffix A fully restored 2 door

1970, chassis number 26 the first of the press launch cars, Masai Red

2013 4.4SDV8 Autobiograpahy

Post #650403 10th Dec 2022 5:23pm
DrF

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

Evening Vanquishspirit, I had the same on my last one, something to do with FARC software module, no idea but a software update cured it, never came back. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

That colour is amazing by the way Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #650431 10th Dec 2022 10:36pm
vanquishspirit

United Kingdom 

thanks DrF. I will get them to reboot it one more time. Perhaps the mobile tech messed it up somehow. Reference the colour, Petrolix, it has really grown on my and having had all manner of Grey, silver and Black, its very nice to be in something different. 2006 S/C owned from new. Black, sand with black inserts. Shes a thirsty girl. ( now gone)

Post #650441 11th Dec 2022 9:03am
vanquishspirit

United Kingdom 

This is the rather poor fuel filler flap

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 2006 S/C owned from new. Black, sand with black inserts. Shes a thirsty girl. ( now gone)

Post #650452 11th Dec 2022 12:52pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Thought the same about the shiny plastic sills. That filler flap is pretty poor.

Post #650454 11th Dec 2022 1:28pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I've heard a few people complain about that filler cap, but these photos really confirm it. Everything else is so sleek, it really does look poor.

Post #650461 11th Dec 2022 3:20pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Agreed with Philip & Alistair. If that were mine I'd be back to the dealer asking if it is a misbuild and needs adjusted so that it is flush. Agreed also that the colour is very attractive, but it seems only available on SV now? Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #650486 11th Dec 2022 7:10pm
Sandyt

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

Lovely colour have to say and agree the filler cap looks ill fitted the frost shows the different density of the materials - does the colour match in daylight ie real life ? Wondering if it had a knock in transit and the dealer "repaired" it - you will never know of course

Post #650494 11th Dec 2022 7:29pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I’ve also got a dodgy fitting fuel filler cap!

Post #650495 11th Dec 2022 7:32pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Don't wish to know what you paid for that car, but obviously well north of £100k. In which case I would be straight back to the dealers and get the filler cap made flush with the rest of the bodywork.

Truly awful and should never have left the production line like that. If owners don't make one helluva fuss over these seemingly small things nothing will ever change! All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #650536 12th Dec 2022 10:56am
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

I wonder if it’s partly a temperature thing? Surely can’t have gone through an inspection at the factory looking like that (unless they know they’re all like it, but I haven’t noticed on any others).

Post #650538 12th Dec 2022 11:13am
DrF

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

The frost on the different materials makes it look worse, but they are not completely flush seems to be a thing for some reason. Different colours seem to visibly make it stand out more, and they are quite large so i suppose that makes it look even worse.

Post #650542 12th Dec 2022 11:50am
Bill

United Kingdom 

The flap is an eyesore, so when you posted Vanquish I took a double take on mine.

I had anyway noted the cover is huge & it’s plastic, as is far to much of the car. Mine sits ok looking straight on, from the side it’s fine, although as you can see in the pic below when a side picture is taken , somehow the gap is exaggerated.
Although yours is clearly wrong , mine seems fine, until I prod it! Being plastic it moves in and out of alignment.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #650547 12th Dec 2022 12:42pm
vanquishspirit

United Kingdom 

Thanks for all the replies Guys. Sorry my notifications are not working so assumed I had had no responses!

The frost does show up the different materials and it really is not acceptable. Not sure how it got past final inspection. Anyway, the supplying dealer is miles from where I live and the local dealer probably cant be bothered. We will see. I do love this car, but thats appalling. It looks like a 12 year old fitted it. Looking at the inside of the filler cap there is no obvious way to adjust, but there must be? The colour is good and matches the rest of the car, which is Petrolix. I know colour is a personal thing but I am wowed with it , and interestingly so are most people who are interested enough in new RR to comment. Its very attractive indeed.

The suspension reboot, second one, failed. Now I have a red warning light and an instruction to park up. The Tech said the fault code it threw up didnt have a code, but just NULL. I called the local dealer 4 hours ago and still have not had a call back. Joy of Joys. !! Will report back on the both the filler cap and the suspension fault.

For all you waiting on the order list, keep the faith......they are wonderful. 2006 S/C owned from new. Black, sand with black inserts. Shes a thirsty girl. ( now gone)

Post #650549 12th Dec 2022 12:58pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

Interesting to read this, my suspension warning light popped up a few weeks ago and the JLR tech was able to solve it by implementing the software update there and then on the drive. Fine since.

That colour wheel combination is absolutely beautiful by the way.

Post #650638 13th Dec 2022 10:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>