40%  [9]
Total Votes: 22

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black
Who’s got a warranty? 3 years + L405

Curious to know, when members have the L405 over 3 years old, how many have kept up an extended warranty and how many don’t bother.

Post #651210 20th Dec 2022 6:07am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i have the full one..[£1740] and will probably extend it when it runs out... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #651212 20th Dec 2022 6:31am
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

Is this thread for ANY Warranty, or just the JLR one?

Unfortunately, the first owner let the JLR Warranty lapse, so I had to shell out £2080 for a premium MotorEasy one for another 3 years. Probably will renew.
If the OP can advise, I’ll fill in the poll above Thumbs Up “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #651213 20th Dec 2022 7:05am
pld118

Any warranty Gremlin 👍

That’s a good price for 3 years compared to the LR one, if the warranty is a good un.

The LR Extended is good and we do our LRE monthly over 10 months without breakdown cover at a cost of £158/ month, because if we move the car on, we just stop paying the warranty without penalty.

Post #651214 20th Dec 2022 7:14am
Tinman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver

I have the full LR extended same as Stan.

Post #651231 20th Dec 2022 9:14am
pld118

Just got a quote from MotorEasy. They quoted £1938 for 2 years on Plan B which covers, seemingly, a lot including crankshaft failure.

They then rang me and in discussion said they could do a no tie in month by month rolling basis policy for £80/ month and they said that for that, I could use LR main dealers for repairs and the MD would simply have to call them to get repairs authorised.

That’s half the price we pay a month currently for the LR warranty. Sounds very appealing and a no brainer, if it’s not to good to be true.

Last edited by pld118 on 20th Dec 2022 10:11am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #651235 20th Dec 2022 9:38am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

it does sound good...knowing you, you'll look into this more deeply .. Wink ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #651236 20th Dec 2022 9:42am
Gremlin500

@PLD118:

Hang fire!!!

I kept them waiting, said I was still shopping around, could they ring me in a week?

They then offered me 3 years for the price of 2 paid interest free over the first 12 months, that’s for their premium warranty, only £693.33 a year. This was 6 months ago.

Search “Warranty” and “MotorEasy” on here, there are a few threads already Thumbs Up “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #651237 20th Dec 2022 9:46am
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Gremlin did you take this warranty?
Did you put up the different levels of cover a short while ago as I can't find it now? overfinch modified

Post #651240 20th Dec 2022 10:09am
pld118

Believe Gremlin does have the MotorEasy warranty Cayman… always thought his deal sounded good although not sure if he’s claimed on it yet…

I went online and within minutes of doing an online quote they were on the phone negotiating harder still to get the business… Told them am having a think.

That said, our LR warranty paid for itself last August when a main dealer technician noticed an oil leak that I wasn’t aware of when they were doing a routine health check when the car was at the MD for something else…

Post #651241 20th Dec 2022 10:14am
MPx

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Waitomo Grey

I don't and wouldn't. Its obviously just an insurance policy so depends enirely on your approach to, and experience of, insurance policies. Clearly the business model is to charge sufficient in premiums to cover any claims made and make a (huge) profit. By definition therefore, on average you'll be worse off with the policy than without. Of course that breaks down completely as soon as your car does. But are they really as flakey as all that? Lots of sentiment on here suggests they are, but that's not been my experience...other than with my first ('02). You've also got to get a failure which is covered and probably have a fight over some weasel words.

Its a state of mind. If you're won over by the "peace of mind" message constantly trolled out by the industry then you'll be happier with the insurance (at least until you need to claim). If you can get passed that, and don't take insurance for anything - phones? tech? white goods? life? etc etc etc then your annual premium savings across all potential risks are many ££ thousands. That's quite a sizeable fund to cover the bad things that do happen. Of course you could be one of the tiny minority that get clobbered with bad luck and suffer huge financial loss. But then again I was one of them - and had been fully insured with a premium brand for several years (home insurance) - and still cost me over £60k when they refused payout. Win some, lose some - I've been largely self insured for the last decade or so and know exactly where I stand. Mike - MPx

2017 5.0 V8 Supercharged SVAutobigraphy Dynamic SVO Palette Grey (2021-...)
2012 5.0 V8 Supercharged Autoboigraphy Orkney Grey (2017-2021)
2007 4.2 V8 Supercharged Vogue SE Tonga Green (2012-2017)
2002 4.4 V8 Vogue Bonnatti Grey (2008-2012)

Post #651249 20th Dec 2022 12:14pm
Gremlin500

Each to his own.
If you have a huge stash of money in your bank account, and want to take a risk, it’s everyones decision to take themselves.
If a blown engine or gearbox means you can no longer afford to keep the car, you might want to think about a Warranty, which is an insurance ploicy whether it be from JLR or other company.

I did go with the ME Warranty, and fortunately have yet to claim anything, but their reputation isn’t any worse than any other organisation. Do your own homework, read all the small print, haggle, and keep your service records and bills up to date if you do go for it.

The levels of cover are on the ME website. Thumbs Up “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #651256 20th Dec 2022 1:36pm
Tinman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver

Mine went in for the MOT and I complained about noise from the rear(clonk) turns out it is the sloshing of the fuel in the tank as per the bulletin, LTB00668v6 - Fuel Tank 'Slosh' 'Slap' Noise.

I also said that the upper tailgate had dropped. (new hinges)

On inspection, the front track control arms showed movement, not fail or advisory for the MOT but could be done.

All of these items have been approved under warranty, which would cost well over the cost of the warranty I paid for.

The hourly rate at the moment is £210 the Topix states over five hours for the fuel tank on its own.

Happy days for a change Very Happy

Post #651269 20th Dec 2022 4:43pm
Gremlin500

@PLD118:

For the price above,I got the ME “A” level Warranty, so for only 2 years at level “B” they aren’t doing you any favours, so hold off if you haven’t yet pushed the button, hopefully. Thumbs Up “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #651271 20th Dec 2022 5:01pm
pld118

Thanks Gremlin, still have the LR warranty in place so am in no rush. Interested in the ME one though. Thumbs Up

Post #651272 20th Dec 2022 5:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>