Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Debating on updating to L460
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Jase71

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black
Debating on updating to L460

Bit of a backtrack, but not sure about placing an order on an 510e Autobiography now…

I’m not sure i can say goodbye to my L405 Shocked its been such a fantastic car with 92k miles from new but worried about the mileage accumulation now. 2017 Range Rover Vogue V6 Diesel
2006 Range Rover Vogue V8 Diesel - gone

Last edited by Jase71 on 3rd Feb 2023 10:39pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #655435 2nd Feb 2023 5:14pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

That’s a big buy, and a great buy… now start twiddling thumbs. My hope for you is they are managing expectations and maybe your baby will be earlier. Thumbs Up Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #655501 3rd Feb 2023 3:40pm
Jase71

Thumbs Up Whistle 2017 Range Rover Vogue V6 Diesel

Post #655502 3rd Feb 2023 4:18pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Your new 510e will be much an epic car, surely a worthy replacement. The wait list is probably horrendous so it's worth getting your oder in? My only concern would be the hifi options these days since I would want Signature tunes which has been withdrawn even from AB. If that is not a big deal, then just go for it...with inflation they will only get more expensive and did I mention that waiting list? L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #655542 4th Feb 2023 12:46am
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

My main issues since ordering in Nov 21 has been the price rise, reduced specification, weekly broken promises once its built as to when it will arrive at the dealer, taking the Censored PX offer at the point of delivery despite sensible offers until this point meaning my cost to change has risen by £20k or 50% from when I first ordered. Dealers who don't really give a monkey's because if you don't take all the crap and decide not to take it they will happily sell it for a profit.

But I should still be very grateful to JLR for eventually delivering it (sarcasm). MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #655586 4th Feb 2023 4:19pm
Jase71

ilard wrote:
Your new 510e will be much an epic car, surely a worthy replacement. The wait list is probably horrendous so it's worth getting your oder in? My only concern would be the hifi options these days since I would want Signature tunes which has been withdrawn even from AB. If that is not a big deal, then just go for it...with inflation they will only get more expensive and did I mention that waiting list?

I decided to go for it in the end! 2017 Range Rover Vogue V6 Diesel

Post #655595 4th Feb 2023 6:56pm

United Kingdom 

^^^ I made all these exact comments to my dealer’s Sales Manager and Principal last week Phil. I have not got a response but my order has probably just slipped a few months Laughing

Post #655596 4th Feb 2023 6:59pm
Phil.

Mine just apologised for my frustrations and then did nothing other than ask if I still want to proceed. I told them I was definitely proceeding.

What I haven’t told them yet is that I’m not taking any of their finance, which means the RR is mine and they can’t stop me selling it on if/when I decide to. I’m certainly won’t be PX’ing it with them next time, they’ve lost that future business at least.

Only decision now is whether to place my next order with them or a competitor. I’ve told them I’m contemplating this and a nil response so far. MY23 D350 HSE

Post #655598 4th Feb 2023 7:14pm
Phil.

Congrats Jase!

I hope your buying experience is better than mine Smile MY23 D350 HSE

Post #655599 4th Feb 2023 7:15pm

United Kingdom 

Phil. wrote:
Mine just apologised for my frustrations and then did nothing other than ask if I still want to proceed. I told them I was definitely proceeding..

Yes, it’s been mentioned to me a few times that I can cancel if I want. I wouldn’t give them the satisfaction of that even if I wanted to. It almost seems at times that they are deliberately trying to be awkward so that you cancel and then they get to sell your order at a premium.

Post #655610 4th Feb 2023 8:53pm
Phil.

Exactly my thoughts. I wrote to them voicing my buying experience concerns and basically told them they could get away with this poor level of service for now but it wouldn’t last forever. They really don’t care though. MY23 D350 HSE

Post #655614 4th Feb 2023 9:29pm
Arch Stanton

England 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

its mad how many people spend £100k+ on a car and get shocking service. I was was a PIA on my used approved one and got pretty decent service from LR Ludlow. Unashamedly so too, I worked hard for that money so the salesman had to too if needed.

Imagine how popular a dealer would be if they behaved as we'd like them to when spending a hundred plus grand. First time FFRR owner

Post #655616 4th Feb 2023 9:38pm

United Kingdom 

I think the problem is that these days most of the car dealerships are owned by very large companies covering multiple marques. Sytners are the biggest and one of the worst for customer service. They are only interested in short term profits targets. I also suspect that they are probably not that great to their staff either which feeds through into how the staff treat the customers.

Post #655660 5th Feb 2023 10:44am
RDR

United Kingdom 

I’ve bought 9 new LRs from the same dealer over 20 years. up until the last two purchases the sales and after sales service was excellent with what I felt was a very personal service. the dealership was bought out by VERTU and the last two purchases have been very different, I am a number on a spreadsheet and treated as such. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Post #655705 5th Feb 2023 6:53pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Jase71 wrote:

I decided to go for it in the end!

Thumbs Up

I noted the hesitation Rolling with laughter

By the time you get it, small wrinkles will be ironed out, and they will be well stocked with extra fancy speaker systems.

There will be a new gizmo or two you will be able to add Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #655722 5th Feb 2023 8:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>