Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L460) > Indicators flashing at double speed on dashboard
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black
Indicators flashing at double speed on dashboard

When using the indicator (either one) the yellow light on the dashboard has begun flashing at double speed but everything is fine externally with the indicator lights which all flash at normal speed. When I switch on the indicators via the hazard warning button both lights on the dashboard flash at normal speed.

Is this double speed flashing normal and I've only just noticed it, or is it time to call LR Assist? MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Last edited by Phil. on 10th Jun 2023 3:09pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #666281 9th Jun 2023 6:13pm
Crocs

Scotland 

I had the same and LR Assist did a temporary fix. Seems to be caused by a rear light fitment. Part now on order for proper fix.

Post #666287 9th Jun 2023 8:45pm
Phil.

Thanks. LR Assist arriving this afternoon hopefully. They appear exceptionally busy and I'm trying to avoid them sending the AA instead as I doubt they will know the fix. MY23 D350 HSE

Post #666304 10th Jun 2023 10:56am
Phil.

For future reference, it was a software issue fixed by resetting the main body controller.

They have a software upgrade for this and other problems (headlights suddenly not working) but are unable to do this upgrade at the roadside. The software may be automatically updated by LR remotely at some point in the future.

If the problem occurs again I'll have to book it in to the dealer for the software upgrade. MY23 D350 HSE

Post #666323 10th Jun 2023 3:08pm
Andy355

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I’ve got the same thing on right indicator dash double speed, left is fine but also someone in traffic pointed out that the right rear brake light is not working. This seems to have occurred since I did a software update (assuming it loaded successfully)

Post #666329 10th Jun 2023 7:22pm
Phil.

The first thing the LR Assist person did today was check all my indicators were working, which they were, and then said it must be a software fault. As your indicator light isn't working it could be physical or software issue.

Give LR Assist a call but don't accept a visit by a normal AA person as they wont have the ability to resolve the issue. For info, the LR Assist people are employed by the AA but have different kit/training specific to LR products. MY23 D350 HSE

Post #666330 10th Jun 2023 7:30pm
Andy355

Thanks for the tips, never tried LR assist, previous issues the dealer lent me their demo car. Will see what they suggest. On mine the indicator is actually ok it’s the right rear brake light that has gone off but seems to be connected

Post #666331 10th Jun 2023 7:43pm
Phil.

Often LR Assist know more about the problem than the dealer and will provide a temporary fix if they can’t fix it on your drive. They can also get you a replacement vehicle if yours needs to be off road, often quicker than the dealer. Some dealers insist on LR Assist attending before they will take on the job.

LR Assist will normally attend within a few hours and operate 7 days a week. Definitely give them a call, you might get it fixed tomorrow. MY23 D350 HSE

Post #666332 10th Jun 2023 7:48pm
Andy355

Thanks for the tip re LR assist they came and fixed a wiring issue

Post #666496 13th Jun 2023 8:52am
Bill

United Kingdom 

Phil. wrote:
Often LR Assist know more about the problem than the dealer .

That’s for sure…. My dealer replaced the entire rear light unit …only took four weeks! Twisted Evil

I should add… there is a piece of sponge in the unit, which was recommended ( AT THAT TIME) for removal . Both sides. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #666824 17th Jun 2023 10:04am
Andy355

On mine they also removed the foam and are going to fit a new lamp unit also. They are coming back to me to super convenient

Post #666825 17th Jun 2023 10:17am
Bill

United Kingdom 

maybe my dealer did the right thing then! Their front of house man needed a lobotomy anyway !

I really have no problem with such issues, providing they are fixed swiftly and I don’t get the a****e from the service dept. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #666826 17th Jun 2023 10:29am
DJIT

United Kingdom 

I had the exact same issue with my previous L460 as I drove it off the forecourt on collection. Put the indicator on to pull off the forecourt and had rapid flashing of the indicator. 30 mins back with the workshop to reset the lighting software and the problem was resolved and never came back.

The current L460 developed a headlight outage the day after collection. One side the DRL, indicator and headlight all failed. Fixed on my driveway the next day by the call-out team.

Complex stuff these new lights controlled by software!

Post #667232 21st Jun 2023 3:31pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

I hadn't used my car for a couple of months and first drive this last weekend had the left indicator flashing quickly.
Managed to get a booking with LR the next day due to a cancellation and new rear light units were required, there's a recall for this. They arrived next day and fitted quickly, all back to normal.

Doesn't sound like recent experiences with dealers I've read about on here but I certainly got lucky this time, couldn't fault the service or how the whole episode was handled. Current fleet:
2020 McLaren 600LT Spider
2020 Mercedes C300 Cabriolet
2023 PHEV 440 SE
1992 Lotus Esprit turbo
2017 Alpine A110

Post #667272 21st Jun 2023 10:04pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

To be fair Andy , when mine went pearshape , there were none in the pipeline and I’m not sure they had discovered the software fix. Whatever stock they had , just vanished.
Lobotomy for the service reception is still a free option. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #667314 22nd Jun 2023 4:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1