Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > front knuckle cracking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 39 <123 4 ... 373839>
Print this entire topic · 
Brid91

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Corris Grey

UPDATE

JLR are now 14 days into the 28 given by DVSA to formulate a response.

I now have a named contact In JLR’s Exec office who has been in touch to introduce themselves and to say that both sides of my claim will be handled by them.

A. The incident with the wheel knuckle explosion

B. With the fact that having both sides replaced the car is now much more noticeably noisier than before.

On ‘A’ the damaged knuckle has been preserved and is with JLR team. The secondary side I had replaced as a matter of caution is apparently not available and has already been disposed off. Obviously this would have been crucial evidence for the DVSA to examine in order to ascertain if the same incident may have happened on the near side. Nothing further to report as yet.

On ‘B’ JLR asked for an audio recording of a typical journey which would highlight the noises. I duly sent then a 7 minute recording and highlighted in a timeline when to noises started and stopped. These can clearly be heard when the vehicle is not accelerating or decelerating.

This was sent to their Technical Investigation team who then instructed my local dealer to carry out a number of tests on my vehicle. The dealer advised that all the tests carried out had already been undertaken by them and the noises were normal! JLR’s Tech Team have now requested that another Range Rover in their stock is made available for me to drive and then comment on my findings. 4 days later I am still waiting for a vehicle being made ready. Perhaps they are having trouble finding a suitable noisy one!!

I will update again when things progress.

Thanks for listening Confused

Last edited by Brid91 on 13th Jul 2020 5:47pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #561273 13th Jul 2020 4:53pm
charlie croker mk2

England 

Thanks for the updates , this is going to be really interesting .

Post #561276 13th Jul 2020 4:57pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

How’s the “Knuckle Saga“ progressing. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #562590 25th Jul 2020 9:43am
Brid91

UPDATE:

JLR are now 26 days into the 28 given by DVSA to formulate a response.

A. The incident with the wheel knuckle explosion.
UPDATE: I will hear directly from DVSA not from JLR. Nothing as yet but their 28 days run out on Monday.

B. With the fact that having both sides replaced the car is now much more noticeably noisier than before.
UPDATE: The dealership and their group have been unable to find a suitable car of similar age and specification for me to drive to compare the noises!! Because of this JLR's liaison person suggested that the best route would be for a second master technician to test drive my car and give their opinion. I wasn't a fan of this but after discussion it was the only way we could seemingly make any progress.

Anyway the second master technician was arranged for last Wednesday and after 2 1/2 hours the opinion was the same, that the noises were normal for my car. JLR head office later in the day and said they could really now not do any more and would be closing this side of the case.

Obviously I am totally disillusioned with JLR and the whole saga. I will still await with interest the DVSA report but I cannot live with the noise and will be moving on to a non Land Rover vehicle in the next week or so. I will point the px dealer (which incidentally is Land Rover) in their own direction should they think the noise is exessive.

I had recently (6 & 8 weeks ago) upgraded 2 parts of the car which had sinificantly altered its appearance and tech. Firstly, I added ID-Cores Apple/Android Carplay, which I have to say is absolutely superb. Secondly I changed the front grille for the facelift version which makes the car appear much younger. I will be taking these off the car and selling separately if anyone is interested.

[/img]

Post #562602 25th Jul 2020 11:57am
AJGalaxy2012

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

I find it very annoying when they say "nothing more we can do" when clearly it should have been "Nothing more we will do". Sad the a UK iconic vehicle manufacturer has hacked off a customer and driven them to a different vehicle.

Can I ask what your new trust steed will be? BMW i3 Electric Car
2012 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8 (now gone)
2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi V6

Post #562605 25th Jul 2020 1:55pm
Brid91

Sure

After a fair bit of looking and test driving I am settled on a Audi Q7. The ride is pretty similar but cabin refinement, noise levels and engine performance are actually a cut above RR. Still not as nice a place to be in as a RR, but still very comfortable and relaxing to drive.

Land Rover has lost a life long customer for sure.

Post #562610 25th Jul 2020 2:38pm
AJGalaxy2012

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

I had a VW Touareg before my Rangie, the quality was in a completely different league, the engine wasnt a match for the 4.4 TDV8 but it was still impressive. Make sure you get yourself a genuine VAG-COM / VCDS lead, the guys on the Touareg forum are a mine of information just like on here.

Enjoy it, lovely motor. BMW i3 Electric Car
2012 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8 (now gone)
2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi V6

Post #562612 25th Jul 2020 2:59pm
Martin2

England 

I understand the move, hopefully the Q7 you buy turns out to be a good one. Very poor response from JLR, I would be doing exactly the same in your position.

I did look at a brand new SQ7 Vorsprung before I bought the RR and it does have a lot of positives, but it was missing that special feel that I had in my 7 series and you get with the RR. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #562614 25th Jul 2020 3:37pm
Boatmechanic

Sweden 

Brid91 wrote:
I am the second owner the first being a business women from Harrogate own who have never been in the boot or back seats. They still had labels on them from delivery. I don't this she was a weekend warrior racing up and down Yorkshire off road tracks and weakening this critical part.

She may still have hit a kerb at 40 mph.

Post #562615 25th Jul 2020 3:47pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Brid91 wrote:
...should be covered by corrosion warranties with the vehicle manufacturer. I believe JLR is 6 years....

Think the LR corrosion warranty applies to bodywork. LR website says:
“If any part of your Land Rover's bodywork is corroded with rust, the affected panels are repaired or replaced by a Land Rover Approved Service Centre, free of charge. Regardless of mileage or any change of ownership, this coverage lasts six years from the day you take delivery of your new Land Rover.“

Post #562616 25th Jul 2020 4:34pm
pld118

When did you actually buy the car?

Post #562617 25th Jul 2020 4:43pm
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

JLR lost all interest in customer loyalty when they had a booming world wide audience, it may come home to bite them.
2 years ago they seriously hacked me off, the next generation better be good, this is my 8th and could be my last, trouble is I don't think anything else comes close. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #562618 25th Jul 2020 6:43pm
pld118

Based on a well documented (on this forum) experience:
If you buy UK approved used LRs that are more than 3 years old, JLR/ LR Customer Services don’t have “enforcement” powers over main dealers. Essentially they might ask but can’t task. If the main dealer digs the heels in, ultimately JLR can and sometimes will fall back on the line that your contract is with the selling dealer and not JLR.

In this case, it seems the car wasn’t bought from a LR main dealer.

Post #562630 25th Jul 2020 8:34pm
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

Even when you buy a new one and it is still in warranty, JLR are disinterested in shocking levels of customer service. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #562681 26th Jul 2020 10:09am
elboss

United Arab Emirates 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Fuji White

I own a 2015 RR L405

And yes, this is a known issue with this model as I understand. The Land Rover Dealer in Dubai is the 1st (to my knowledge) to notice this issue and bring it up to LR ... Both sides on my Range Rover been replaced under warranty during regular maintenance visit.

According to the dealer issue is addressed with an improved part.

I have no clue to which models are effected ...

Post #588763 24th Mar 2021 8:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 39 <123 4 ... 373839>