Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > Update (sort of) for my USB woes in 2017 AB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
James W

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Siberian Silver

Just that I think you lose remote access when the battery gets too low so was wondering if that would be another indicator 🤔 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography

Post #677545 8th Nov 2023 7:03pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

The battery might not have a low enough terminal voltage for that but the SoC may be low enough to cause the infotainment to reinitialise after cranking due to a voltage dip when the starter is operated.

Post #677549 8th Nov 2023 7:46pm
DamianK

United Kingdom 

Do you mean in reference to the usb in the central console never recognising my iPhone after the car has sat overnight? I am hoping it is the battery but then am not massively confident either. It’s weird, I have to try and lock the car leave it for 5 mins and then restart and then it may see the iphone (not every time but about 60%).

Post #677562 8th Nov 2023 8:47pm
DamianK

United Kingdom 

Had the battery changed this morning and. so far, the USB's and Car Play working as it should - but the real test will be tomorrow morning (will report back then) but since doing the battery change another issue has arisen *sigh*

The rear tailgate, when the button on the remote or in the car, raises to about three quarters height then stops and beeps. If I press the button again it will carry on and fully open. When I go to close it it will close but looks like it is not flush and if I press the lock button the car bleeps twice but doesn't lock and if I look at the dash, it's telling me the boot is open.

If I manually close the boot then the car will lock, I have looked to see if there are any obstructions and I cannot see any. It was working fine before the battery change.

Post #677668 10th Nov 2023 3:37pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Manually fully close and open the tailgate & the liftgate, with the lift gate in its fully open position, press and hold the close button until you hear a couple of chirps, that should reset the extents and all will work as expected.

Post #677670 10th Nov 2023 4:11pm
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

Aha!

Sounds encouraging, of course follow Phoenix’s advice Bow down about the tailgate reset: the tailgate has to be open to change the battery, (D-oh Laughing ) so can get a bit upset with itself during a battery swap.
Did the garage tell the car it had changed the battery, I wonder?

Excited to find out about your Weekend! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thumbs Up

I know that I mither on & on about FFRR’s and lack of battery SOH causing all sorts of er, Gremlins Embarassed but it is often the case, and an easy thing to monitor yourself and fix yourself.

When I got my FFRR over a year ago, it was plagued by spurious DTC’s and Infotainment/software update issues, and a new battery sorted it overnight. Since then, more than a year later, (touch wood Rolling with laughter ) it’s been a dream to own, (apart from the bl**dy front lower arms, he lied Embarassed )

Thumbs Up â€śIf it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #677694 11th Nov 2023 12:59am
DamianK

United Kingdom 

Quick Update - the battery change did not fix the issue so back to the dealer it went and they have just informed me they now think it needs a new INFOTAINMENT CONTROL MODULE at a cost of ÂŁ1877!!!!

I said thanks but no thanks, so looks like I will have to live without Apple Car Play. Have to say the RR infotainment is absolutely horrid compared to my previous BMW and SO much more expensive.

Really disappointed this could not be fixed but I cannot stomach nearly ÂŁ2k just for Apple Car Play.

Post #677983 15th Nov 2023 12:06pm
DamianK

United Kingdom 

So with experimenting I have found that if I turn the car on and then immediately turn it off, wait about a min and then start up the Apple car play works. Weirdly if I have an update USB with a map update and plug that in it see’s that and does the update no issue, even if the car has been sat overnight! So the USB are read just seems not for Apple Car Play!

Post #678846 27th Nov 2023 2:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12