Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Features you'd like on the next generation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
jez000

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Bournville

Some good ones already mentioned but I would also like to see:

Bluetooth audio streaming (some 2007 fords have this)
Nav or Audio info displayed inbetween the clocks of the center dash (Audi and BMW have this)
If you have a TFT dash allow it to display more than just copies of analogue gagues
Heads up display 2021 P400 Silicon Silver AB
Gone 2011 Bournville TDV8 VSE
Gone 2008 Black Canadian HSE LUX

Post #94008 23rd Nov 2011 7:06pm
johnson1

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

From what I've heard, the L405 will have two batteries...one of which is only for ICE.

Post #94016 23rd Nov 2011 7:36pm
47p2

Scotland 

Reliability would be good, seems to be the same old faults that show up year after year

Post #94020 23rd Nov 2011 8:00pm
ukrangie

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

An iPhone/Android app like Mini/BMW Connected.

Paul

Twitter - Facebook

Post #94040 23rd Nov 2011 10:06pm
CSK

France 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

Tinted windows so people don't recognise you as the silly man (or woman) who bought an Evoque on steroids for triple the price!

Post #94079 24th Nov 2011 12:45am
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

I like the Electrochromatic roof idea.

7 Seat would be nice but it should be an option ad still allow the spare wheel to be store inside the car to keep it clean.

A rear undertray/ whole body undertray, as well as making the car that tiny bit quieter at speed would also help MPG and reduce damage during light off road duties.

Have an electric option where the battery pack is stored in that massive gaping hole in the middle of the underbody with some good protection but it then drives the rear wheels only and the front is done by the engine(an SDV6 with nice big alternator for charging the batteries during cruise down)

Better seats, i like my current Pre Facelift one but the newer FFRR's seem to just recycle the Semi Skimmed seats but with more adjustment Sad

Cooled centre cubby box is a good one to.

Proper dock option for an iPod/iPhone/Mini USB dock in the centre armrest to charge and synch with phones as the biggest OS's could easily be supported, Droid,iOS,bOS,Mango..

Infrared lights in the reversing lamps that are VERY bright as they could then be picked up by the reversing cam.

Option to lock the Diff's as you want by just touching them on the screen instead of always having to wait for the car to decide if it wants to or not.

A Wayne Wover free edition, IE now fancy angel eye DRL's, just a small arangement like a normal bulb, or just have the lights always come on when the engine runs.

Option to select extended hieght manually as well.

Solar panel powered cooling is a good idea for the summer as well.

Doors that don't sound like they are made of tinfoil when being closed.

Lots of extra paint/protection on the areas of the body where the door rubber/plastic covers cause rusting just as the cars are about to come out of body warranty!

Teflon painted underside, wheel arch's to keep dirt off the areas that area a PITA to clean and the cheap current plastic/covering makes dirt actually stick to it!

Wifi link with internal HDD of say 500gig that can play DIVx and Mp3/MP4 so it can pull new software updates down but also pull data from your internal lan instead of having to have a DVD changer in the boot.

Screens in headrests actually being dockable pads that can come out so games and such like can be played with ease/ and also have EASILY replacable batteries in them!

Option of an RAI/Snorkle as its not rocket science to be able to fit/design one from the get go.

Radiator that doesn't silt up at the bottom as it draws the water from a top corner then out at the diagonal bottom corner but circulates before it hits that corner!

FBH remote via a remote device, ie iPod/iPhone/Crackberry/Droid.

Lifetime TMC updates in the UK (you are paying 70k for a new car i think they can afford it!)

Auto Cruise Control as standard and not an option as its more of a saftey feature when forward looking is turned on.

Park Assist as much lesser cars have this, why should we have to park it ourselves Wink

Heated seats/wheel that come on at a mid level when the timed climate is used to heat the cabin.

Revised door handles that are possibly slightly more recessed or at least less prone to long term wearing.

All buttons should be pushable when wearing gloves as this function seems to be being strayed away from in newer Semi Skimmed/Full Fats i've sat in lately.

Rubber mats more like the load area mat, IE higher side ribs that then allow any water/mud to flow towards the outside of the vehicle, say 1/2" high on 3 sides and that can go under the pedals so mud/water doesnt run down the pedals onto the carpet.

Use of an NFC reader instead of the chunky key for unlocking/starting by using a mobile or pass card instead.

Option to customise the Dash layout remotely on a PC and then upload it to your RR, there by offering the first customisable dash(not rocket science as the software just needs to be made more user friendly and upload mechanism created.

Sure i'll come up with some more but it will only affect me in about 8years time lol.

Post #94100 24th Nov 2011 9:38am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Great list!

Maybe the all glass roof could incorporate solar charging for the battery somehow too...clever. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #94107 24th Nov 2011 10:40am
CSK

France 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

Great list! You should work for JLR!

Post #94112 24th Nov 2011 11:30am
kingpleb

Dream job = Car tester for a hire company, everything from small washing machines upto jlr type stuff Smile

ideally the solar charging could be done by running a 1" wide strip on the outter edge of the glass, this should provide plenty of power even in the UK for some small fans to run, and then if there is a cross support they could be put into that, or better just situated a few mm below the glass so the glass is cheaper to repair Smile

and i agree the navigation of music is rubbish!

Post #94118 24th Nov 2011 12:16pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Good list.

The solar cooling thing has been around for a while (quite common on Audis, Prius) and I'd expect a lot of the technology stuff like an internal HDD, WiFi, auto-parking, keyless entry etc. to be there as they're already commonplace in the industry. Hybrid seems a given too.

The Autobiography Ultimate had dockable iPads in the back - the only concern with that sort of thing is how quickly it becomes obsolete.

IR reverse is a good idea, technology is already out there (eg. Mercedes Night View Assist).

The customisable dash (or at least, a TFT screen which actually does something other than pointlessly replicate a physical one) must surely be coming - see what GM are doing with them in Cadillacs.

The practical stuff is what should be done, but probably won't - glove-proof buttons/controls, properly thought-out mats (and door speakers that don't get covered in mud from your boots etc.).

Hopefully the improved quality (both materials and build) is a given.

Post #94132 24th Nov 2011 1:13pm
kingpleb

You would think but going on past experience build to cost is more important...

Post #94140 24th Nov 2011 1:56pm
Mikeyjd

Wales 2003 Range Rover SE Td6 Zambezi Silver

RRUK wrote:
Instead of a FBH how about remote engine start to warm up the car?

OR, how about a split charge dual battery system so that we can run all the damned electrics without fear of the battery being unable to start the damned thing afterwards!

If the car was on a road it is illegal to leave it alone with the engine running. No longer FF owner but still interested. Present car Jaguar XE

Previous car Td6 SE

Previous LR- Disco 300TDi Auto

Post #94292 25th Nov 2011 1:22am
EVOeng

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

I would like to see the car even more refined...

1. A second battery with a similar set up to a Bentley (never a problem when starting after prolonged periods of storage),
2. Something that is a little quieter in the cabin, my current L322 excels in this area though I can hear the odd truck in traffic,
3. An extended wood trim package – so should cover the majority of the centre console, similar to that of the Holland and Holland L322,
4. A proper gear-lever, rather than these circular things popping out of the console,

Post #94296 25th Nov 2011 2:25am
Roystonh

United Kingdom 

Switch-able sports suspension would be good. Definitely a full size fridge that takes bottles (had one in a Toyota land Cruiser and used it a lot). Ipod track listing and sat nav directions next to speedo. Arrow 2005 L322 Vogue Gold gone
2006 L322 Vogue Black gone
2011 L322 Vogue Silver gone
2011 L322 Autobiography Black gone
2015 L405 Autobiography LWB Black gone
2019 L405 P400e Range Rover Autobiography LWB Eiger grey / black roof gone
2001 P38a 30th Anniversary Wimbledon Green gone
2019 L405 P525 Autobiography LWB British Racing Green

Post #97060 10th Dec 2011 10:52pm
Contraband

Scotland 

Massage seats, 2nd battery and a flux capacitor.... Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #97061 10th Dec 2011 11:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>