United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Censored Thumbs Up

Post #6534 21st Jul 2009 5:43pm
RRVSE

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Corris Grey

JMC...
Re the steering wheel issue....
I have just had a similar issue corrected on mine. The symptoms were:-
I'd save a new seat setup on one of the memory buttons and all seemed Ok. However, when I turned the ignition key off I could hear a steering column motor still running (not loud but I could hear it). To stop the motor I could either tap the manual adjust lever on the column (up or down) or push any button at all that adjusts the drivers seat. I initially thought this was because I have the steering wheel almost at maximum height and so as it is programmed to move up and out of the way when the engine is off (for ease of entry/exit) , it had nowhere to go. I then saved a new setting with the wheel about 5mm below the maximum height but it still didn't work. I then got your problem in that on entering the car, the motor noise was apparent again, but when I turned the ignition on, the steering wheel just kept going down (but could stop it as above by column adjust or seat buttons). Sometimes it wouldn't even go back up until I gently persuaded it , but after a while, a combination of saving seat setting in a certain order would cure the dropping wheel for a while (but could never remember what specific order I did it in). The motor noise always occured frequently though.

Took it in last year and dealer replaced a relay cutoff switch(which made sense) but it made no difference, so took it in again and we agreed that it appeared to be a problem between the memory module under the drivers seat communicating with the memory module in the steering column (I had assumed all would be controlled solely from a drivers seat module) and as I was aware of others with the problem (from this forum and others), I would wait for LR to release a patch for the software etc.

Heard nothing from that dealer, and my warranty expires in a few months, so took it into my current main dealer who investigated and ordered a replacement motor. They fitted this last week and so far, I'm getting no constant motor noise when engine is turned on/off or steering wheel trying to crush me. Now , no matter what I do with the seat and memory settings the steering wheel behaves and moved out of the way when the engine is turned off and goes back to its last position when I start up, so looks like this dealer has succeeded.

Sorry this was long winded!!!
Cheers, Steve

Main car : FFRR L405 Vogue SDV8
Other car : Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
Past cars : FFRR L322 Vogue TD6 SE (Sept 2006 MY07) ; LandCruiser SWB ; 4-Runner ; Supras; XJS V12 LeMans

Post #6537 22nd Jul 2009 12:38am
VMPP

Portugal 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue
Re: TDV8 Vogue 'issues'

JMC wrote:

1. Leaving pets in the car. On the D3, pushing the keyfob lock twice disabled the ultrasonic alarm with corresponding 'clicks' from the car. The Vogue apparently does the same via the keyfob, but there is no confirmation click. As a result, I never know if it's done properly and if the dogs are going to set-off the alarm. Evil or Very Mad .

I also have a pet and thought about it, but its ''quite'' simple. Just look at the dashboard. By pressing the two times on the key disengages the internal alarm as you know. But its easy to confirm if it has been enabled. The alarm light on the dash must stay lit for around 3 sec. If it does then the internal alarm is off. Not a great problem in my view.

JMC wrote:
.Auto Wipers. I leave my wipers set to 'Auto' (intermittent) all the time. If it's Censored ing down when I start the car, the wipers won't work. I then drive off in a downpour, and the wipers still refuse to waken-up until I have switched them to 'On' and back to intermittent. By contrast, the D3 wiper stalk was left in the same

Yeah, its kinda of a reset you have to make. For me, as it is works perfectly fine. Just imagine going into a car wash and the wipers start flickering and get messed up. Even worse if its the wife driving it, as usually they don't know how to turn it off. Laughing
Besides that, they can also start if by some chance you pick up some ocasional water and end up with the window worse than it was. You know, those small puddles that really don't harm you, but if you wipe them clean you have to water your windows for half an hour....

JMC wrote:
.inserting the key into the ignition has seen the steering wheel drop down to the lowest possible height (touching my knees) for no reason. Pressing the memory button has had no effect on this and I've had to re-set my memory buttons afterwards

That one happend to me a few times.... pretty anoying. must be something with the software that doesn't start up correctly. Once i had just sound from one speaker. But started the car and all became fine. Very Happy At that time i think it was because by leaving my house in a hurry i started messing with the controls even before the LR graphic had disapeared.

Now what annoys me the most is the fact that the whole doors don't unlock when you exit the car. You always have to press the center button to unlock the rest of the doors. Most of the times my dog is looking at me kinda scared because i can't open the tailgate. I have to use the key or press that idiot button.

The guys from RRS have it like it should be. By removing the car key, the whole doors unlock. So simple.......

Post #6890 12th Aug 2009 2:00pm
Spooky

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

JMC wrote:
... Why can't they put it [TDV8] in the D3 when it goes in the RRS? ...

Probably to do with branding - they're keeping the top-of-the-range diesel engine for the Range Rover, rather then the family-orientated Disco ...

Annoying all the same. Twisted Evil Regards,
Mick

'Bertha' - 2014 SDV8 Autobigraphy
'Vincent' - 2010 TdV8 Vogue SE
- 'Molly' - 2005 HSE Auto
'Dixie' - 2000 D2 Td5 ES

Post #6896 12th Aug 2009 8:53pm
ken

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

it wont fit no really it wont from a oem way

Post #6907 13th Aug 2009 9:40am
wealy

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Luxor

If your wipers were frozen to the screen and you started the car it would break the spline on the wiper arm

Post #202289 4th Aug 2013 2:24pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

The auto relock feature is dealer selectable in the CCF files Thumbs Up
The wipers need to be switched off then on to work... It stops the mechanism destroying itself when the wiper blades freeze to the screen in the winter (i guess the D3 does not destroy itself Whistle )... Simples Thumbs Up

Post #202387 5th Aug 2013 1:31am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

autolock can be sorted with the IIDTool from our site sponsor GAP diagnostics and the auto wiper is normal as Craig has said.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #202401 5th Aug 2013 8:03am
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Rear parcel shelf fits just nicely between the folded rear seats and the front seats for me.

Autlock is dealer enabled.

Alarm confirmation is dealer enabled as well i believe and can confirm ultrasonic disable 'i think'.

It all depends on what yours was enabled with as part of its PDI setup Sad FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #202458 5th Aug 2013 1:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12