Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > What's the point of feed back?????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
nafe

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black
What's the point of feed back?????

A bit of a rant I'm afraid,
we received a call from guy salmon Bristol today, where a lady stated that they were not prepared to do the warrantee work on our car tomorrow, as arranged over four weeks ago, due to the fact that we gave them negative feed back in a customer survey???
The survey was from over a year ago for our last car a range rover sport. The service was so bad, there is not enough room on these pages to list the problems . I can only speak from our own experience of this dealership and can say that I have never ever found a garage that is so poor, in all departments from the sales, after sales, and service, and then when feed back is not to their liking, they refuse to undertake the work that they had booked in, to cancel like this less than 24 hrs before I find unbelievable , unfortunately I do not have the luxury to have this attitude in my business where customer care is everything, unfortunately we are in Bristol and only have this dealership to go to without travelling right out of town.
We ended up buying our present ffrr from land rover Chichester , brilliant in all departments, but the only reason why we bought from them, was that the guy salmon Bristol sales guys ( all three of them) were chatting and having a sandwich in a back room ( in view to us) , told the receptionist to tell us they all had an appointment in 15 mins and could not give us the time and we would have to call back another day, this was at 11am in the morning ? How busy must they be? We drove to Chichester and spent £65k on a ffrr . Up yours Guy salmon (Bristol).Smile
All I can say in these hard times being a land rover dealership must be the easiest job in the world as sales must be sooooo easy and customer feed back means diddly that they act in this way.

Rant over sorry for going on......

Post #104471 30th Jan 2012 11:05pm
A1GSS

England 

Bloody right. It's not confined to LR dealers either, I've seen and experienced similar from Audi and BMW, and amazingly from a house developer yesterday. This stuff must sell itself I suppose. Maybe they were all bankers in a previous life... Graham

____
Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey

Post #104475 30th Jan 2012 11:15pm
farrellelion

Portugal 2002 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

This is why the world is such a bloody mess at the moment, and all the legislation, ain't gonna help.In Europe especially, SERVICE is totally unknown. The majority are crap, and there is no competition, as they are all the same.
I drive 1.5 hours to my indie , and it is well worth it. I just can't imagine why you go back to these guys-I'd be terrified they'd do more damage to my vehicle, than any meaningful"repairs" .
More of this type of posting is necessary- other members can and should stay away from this type of dealership. 2002 Vogue TD6
2001 Defender 90 TD5
Range Rover Classic 1994
Mercedes Benz 220 S Sedan 1959.

Post #104482 30th Jan 2012 11:36pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

guy salmon Bristol are a bag of sh*te. I have only been to them twice: the first I was looking for some urgent technical help/advice to get me back on the road again. They couldn't be arsed to even come out and see the fault as "No-one was available".

THe second time I had faults read at a cost of some £60 - they told me I couldn't go in with the car and watch/advise the Technician about the different faults as it was against "H&S" THen told me the fault reader was unable to clear the faults due to a broken ABS module. £800+ labour to fix. I went home looked at the"faulty part" - it hadn't even been opened to check.

Their salespeople are a joke. sycophantic sloths. wouldn't know a buying signal from a sticky bun.

To top it all they called me the other day to book me in for a service. Told them what to do ...... Censored Twisted Evil

Post #104495 31st Jan 2012 1:07am
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

This just shows the attitude to "customer service" in this country and it really f Censored s me off!

Anywhere else, a survey giving negative feedback would be looked upon as an opportunity to improve service and they would try even harder to provide a better service next time, but in the f Censored d up country, they see it as a personal slight and punish the person who gave it. Places like Dubai, where customer service is considered the major differentiator, such behaviour would result in the staff getting sacked!

Rant over! Thumbs Up Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #104525 31st Jan 2012 10:32am
supermario

Scotland 

Can't you speak to LR head office about this? Surely they would not have that.

Post #104631 31st Jan 2012 6:16pm
nafe

Hi I'm glad it's not just me, i like coments dolphin boy, could not have put it any better, I would love to take this to land rover , as someone who has now had 2 sports and now a ffrr, we have spent a lot of money on their product, but this kind of service would, and will push me towards another manufacturer .
I recommended a sport to a friend of mine, he bought a brand new sport with all the toys - a lot of money, from guy salmon, the car was 5 weeks late even on three occasions he went to the garage to pick up on the pre a ranged date and time for hand over and the car wasn't even there! and when it did arrive they forgot to put on the electrics for the towing hitch, didn't clean and had no fuel in it.
My wife has got her teeth into it now, so I'm sure that the right person at land rover will know all about this very soon, we will keep you informed of their reactions.
Nafe

Dolphin boy, where do you get warrantee work done now?
Ps it's not just us either jeramy clarkson has has the same serice at another dealership with his ffrr, I have read.

Post #104641 31st Jan 2012 7:08pm
TugRR

United Kingdom 

I had a similar experience with Stratstone at Solihull 2 years ago . . .
I paid for a car over the phone and went collect it only to find it had been completely misrepresented - wrong model year and spec. I wouldn't mind if I didn't know my onions, but unfortunately for them - I do ! I'd asked every relevant question over the phone about spec and condition - they lied.

Anyway, I mentioned Trading Standards to them as I walked out of the door - with them blubbering about wanting to do a deal on the car they wanted to sell - I told them where to get off.

I didn't bother with that dealer principal nonsense - I went straight to Land Rover, who passed it back to the dealer who basically asked me how I could be compensated.

I didn't spend a penny with them, but came away (admitedly some months later) with several hundreds of pounds worth of accessories now fitted to my FF.

Dig your heals in. Do not be brushed aside. Expect compensation.

. . . . . and breath !

Thumbs Up Where do you go after one of these . . . ?

Post #104655 31st Jan 2012 7:44pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Not being stupid but LR have customer service but do they not have any graciated with balls and the clout to go round to dealers and do spot checks with the ability to remove the franchise or put a hefty financial whack on them as no other manufacturers do this but i guess they all think they have the market cornered....

I sympathise with all that have noted thier issues above as i have worked in F2F and OTP customer service of many types over a fair few years and service does seem to be getting worse lately....

Just a thought but is it systemic of JLR in that the local jags if run by the same outfits are similar does anyone know? FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #104679 31st Jan 2012 9:27pm
A1GSS

England 

I'm getting good service from my local Lookers... Thumbs Up got it right in my view. Graham

____
Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey

Post #104706 31st Jan 2012 10:34pm
nafe

Unfourtunatly not in my area, we are in Poole a lot in the summer and use Westover in Christchurch, which is where we bought the car,
Can't wait till summer to get sorted, any recommendations in and around the Bristol area for warrentee work would be appreciated ,
Incidentally the problem is to do with flat batteries which I have noticed on another topic,

Post #104719 31st Jan 2012 10:54pm
whippetman

Why not try Taunton- less than 40 minutes down the M5?
More "Country Wise" and less "City Slicker".....

Post #104749 1st Feb 2012 8:27am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

MJ Fews up the M5 one jn from Almondsbury... Speak to Ian the service manager and tell him you have been recomended by Craig at Cam-Tech 01453 844131

Very good guys and family owned main dealer so you are a person not a number!

Craig Thumbs Up

Post #104779 1st Feb 2012 10:59am
Lookers Park Royal

antoniasdad wrote:
I'm getting good service from my local Lookers... Thumbs Up got it right in my view.

Phew..............

I can assure you that not all dealers are representative of the above. Evoque is of course selling very well, however dealers are having to (if they want to be successful and retain good customers) work very hard indeed on the bigger picture.

James Thumbs Up

Post #104785 1st Feb 2012 11:48am
bozmandb9

Cam-Tech-Craig wrote:
MJ Fews up the M5 one jn from Almondsbury... Speak to Ian the service manager and tell him you have been recomended by Craig at Cam-Tech 01453 844131

Very good guys and family owned main dealer so you are a person not a number!

Craig Thumbs Up

Always good to find somebody who'll provide good service eh, and not ignore your communications or complaints!

Rolling with laughter Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #104792 1st Feb 2012 12:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>