Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > Upgrading Your 2020 L405 Sound System
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jerseynoob26

Upgrading Your 2020 L405 Sound System

Hello, all! New user here. I've been perusing older posts, and I didn't come across any that discuss changing the components in the audio systems in our beloved 2020 L405s. Now, don't get me wrong, the Meridian Sound System is decent, but if you're anything like me, you might find the base (380W) system a tad underwhelming.

Sure, it gets the job done, but when you're cruising down the road in a vehicle as luxurious as the L405, shouldn't your audio experience be equally impressive? That's why I've been contemplating an upgrade to the 825 Watt amplifier. I mean, why settle for mediocrity when you can have excellence, right?

But here's the kicker – I want this upgrade to be as painless as possible. I'm talking about a plug-and-play solution that doesn't require a degree in electrical engineering to install. So, if anyone out there has already made the leap from the 380 Watt to the 825 Watt amplifier and knows the part number for a 2020 build, please, enlighten me!

In a vehicle of this caliber, the audio system should be a standout feature rather than an afterthought. It's frustrating to know that the potential for an incredible audio experience is there, but it's being held back by lackluster components.

If you've successfully upgraded your amplifier or even ventured into the realm of speaker upgrades, I want to hear from you!

Post #692663 14th May 2024 9:19pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I've not done it as I already have the 825w.

However, there there's some good information on this thread Thumbs Up

Post #692672 15th May 2024 7:00am
Martin2

England 

I found the 825w a bit disappointing after the B&W system in my 7 series and the Burmester in my Porsche is quite a step up as well.

If you’re going to upgrade, it would be worth considering a more bespoke system unless you desperately want to keep it OEM? MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #692736 15th May 2024 7:19pm
goldeneye32

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Firenze Red
Re: Upgrading Your 2020 L405 Sound System

I was looking for a few months for my L405 AB, because my wish list included an opening roof, Full Ivory interior with Ivory headlining.
I'm so glad it came with the Meridian signature stereo which is 1700W, and really is the stand out system you're talking about, I'm also lucky mine came with the rear screens in the headrests.
The Signature system has 29 speakers in the car, something that would be hard to retrofit once it leaves the factory, I was looking for several months and was prepared to travel distance, and almost certainly overpaid for it, but you don't want to be left wishing 'what if'!

Post #692749 15th May 2024 10:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1