Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Help, wiring for both 10 pin and 6+3 pin cd connectors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
miggit

United Kingdom 
Help, wiring for both 10 pin and 6+3 pin cd connectors

Hi all, I'm in the middle of installing a Grom BT3 bluetooth / Ipod adaptor, and I've come to the connection bit. I am suffering from the 10 pin blues Big Cry Big Cry
I can't get a plug and I can't find the wiring diagram, well thats not true, I have found lots of move pin 3 to pin f6qb78n, which is of no use to me. I need the pin outs of the plugs.
The problem is the unit has 5 connections in the 6 pin socket. And while I do realise that when you follow the diagram of pin 1 to pin 4 etc. you end up with only 3 wires into the 6 pin connector, and would assume that the missing 2 are just earths. I don't want to take the chance and end up with a floating earth and fry the unit.
I have seen pin out diagrams for both plugs, and I think it was on here, but I'm Censored if I can find it! I have been going around in circles for hours, have pity!
Oh and as for the plug, to hell with it. I'm going to make a temporary connection by removing the pins from the 6 pin socket and poking them in to the 10 pin plug, with lots of insulting tape, I just don't care Twisted Evil
If this works I may do a better job with the soldering iron, there again I may not!

Post #274135 3rd Aug 2014 6:22pm
chris_read

England 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic1556.html
Very Happy

Post #274138 3rd Aug 2014 7:06pm
chris_read

And just go to a scrapyard and dig around in the boot of a BMW 3 series for the 3 and 6 pin plugs.

Post #274139 3rd Aug 2014 7:07pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Hi Chris, thanks for the link, but I have already seen it, probably 10 times! I know I saw a post with all the pins listed, that one only uses 3 wires out of the 5 that are in the socket of the new interface.
As for rooting around in the boot of a 3 series, that ain't so easy down here, we don't have breakers yards any more. We have Auto Recyclers who strip the cars and shelf every thing, progress? Good old Hse Nanny state environmental Censored , they spoil all our fun.

Post #274141 3rd Aug 2014 8:20pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

I found it!! But on another site, I lost the plot!

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showt...us-changer

Just in case anyone else is going nuts in the future Very Happy

Post #274145 3rd Aug 2014 8:32pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

I still need HELP!!!!!!!!!! the Censored ffrr 10 pin connector pin outs are hiding from me. I found what I thought was the answer, but after careful study of the pictures and de-coding of the abc xyz labels that had been assigned to the photo, I have realised that the author has labelled pin 6 (6 pin con) as pin A, and given it a connection. This is completely wrong as pin 6 is a no connection, as shown on the excellent BMW chaps diagram. Plus I can confirm that this is correct by the lack of pin 6 in my connector.
Having studied the loom with the Grom, I can see that while the left and right audio grounds have been linked together at the unit, there is still a separate earth, which goes to pin 3 ground. I know that this might seam trivial to some, but if I create a floating earth in the Grom it could end in Big Cry
I just remember the warnings that came with the early audio units not to use common earths as it would end in tears. Plus as any of you old trailer owners will confirm there is nothing like a floating earth to liven up the ecu's on the old tractor. I haven't suffered from this yet with the Range Rover, but I do know that a floating earth on a Landcruiser set up will knock out the ABS.

Post #274220 4th Aug 2014 11:23am
miggit

United Kingdom 

Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored
I 've just spent 2 hours typing an update and it vanished when I went to submit it, in stead it asked me to lo9g in, yes I'm peed on i'm not typing it again, i'm a Censored mechanic not a dorris

Post #274307 4th Aug 2014 7:57pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Now that workin you get the very very short blog Twisted Evil

10 pin rover colours

[/b]10 PIN USE 6PIN 3PIN
PIN 1 WHITE/GREEN LEFT + PIN 1
PIN 2 WHITE/BROWN LEFT - PIN 2
PIN 3 BROWN EARTH PIN 3
PIN 4 NOTHING
PIN 5 WHITE/GREY/YELLOW BUS PIN 3
PIN 6 WHITE/RED RIGHT + PIN 4
PIN 7 WHITE/BROWN RIGHT - PIN 5
PIN 8 BROWN EARTH PIN 1
PIN 9 NOTHING
PIN 10 RED/GREEN +12V PIN 2

Post #274310 4th Aug 2014 8:08pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

I dONT BLEIVE THIS ITS DELETED HALF THE PAGE Censored Censored Censored

LAST TIME

10 PIN // COLOUR ////////////////// USE /////// 6PIN //// 3PIN
PIN 1 //// WHITE/GREEN /////////// LEFT+ ///// PIN 1 //// ----
PIN 2 //// WHITE/BROWN ////////// LEFT- ///// PIN 2 //// ----
PIN 3 //// BROWN ////////////////// EARTH //// PIN 3 //// ----
PIN 4 //// NO CONNECTION
PIN 5 //// WHITE/GREY/YELLOW // BUS //////// --- ////// PIN 3
PIN 6 //// WHITE/'RED ///////////// RIGHT+ /// PIN 4 //// ----
PIN 7 //// WHITE/BROWN ////////// RIGHT- /// PIN 5 //// ----
PIN 8 //// BROWN /////////////////// EARTH /////--- ////// PIN 1
PIN 9 //// NO CONNECTION
PIN 10 /// RED/GREEN /////////////////+12v //// --- ////// PIN 2

Post #274313 4th Aug 2014 8:29pm
chris_read

I followed the re-pin instructions on the link I posted above and it worked for my Intravee. Any pins which didn't require moving to the 3 or 6 pin plugs I just left them in the ten pin connector. That way I had no bare pins hanging about and I wouldn't lose the ten pin plug for when I eventually remove the Intravee and put the CD player back in.

Post #274364 5th Aug 2014 8:40am
miggit

United Kingdom 

Hi Chris, there is nothing wrong with the instructions that are on web, however they do leave the earth shield and an audio ground in the discarded pile. This could lead to strange goings on with the system from interference, in a diesel this would be very unlikely, and not too common on a petrol, but not impossible. If BMW / Rover thought they could do without the shield and an earth they would have left them out, thus saving them a fortune in copper cable. It might be dotting the i's and crossing the t's, I feel that it was put there for a reason and therefore should be used. In the electrical and audio worlds electrical interference is the biggest source of gremlins, and leaving out ground and shield wires would be a big no no.

Post #274390 5th Aug 2014 10:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1