Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Full fat not diet

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Nice pitch James Smile & How much is that extra Question

Post #29036 23rd Sep 2010 7:17pm
Lookers Park Royal

Sadly, no idea Embarassed . Will need to wait for the next press release.

James Thumbs Up

Post #29037 23rd Sep 2010 7:26pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

All these darned assistants and soon there will be no space for any passengers - trailer assistant, high beam assistant, park assistant - in the old days they were just called the chauffeur ..... Mr. Green 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #29079 23rd Sep 2010 10:21pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Re: Evoque Interior!

Lookers Park Royal wrote:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/evoque-can-kick-start-market/252910/pictures/evoque-can-kick-start-market.aspx?im=387330

Nice!

James Thumbs Up

I understand you have to sell these, James, and...

[rant]
...no the interior doesn't look bad - neither does the exterior for that matter (even with Posh standing next to it). But that's all beside the point; the new VW Scirocco looks nifty too (a bit like the little brother of the Evoque, as a matter of fact). But it's not a Range Rover. And neither is the Evoque. I really dislike brand 'dilution' (for lack of a better term) and that is exactly what this is. Tata is capitalizing on the Range Rover brand by marketing a non 4x4 car under the RR banner. Bad enough that Land Rover dabbles in sports-car territory (or that Porsche builds SUV's), but this is blasphemy. If Cessna built a delta-winged propeller plane and called it the Concorde it would make me laugh. LR is doing the same thing in automotive terms with the Evoque.
[/rant]

Sorry - and sorry to go slightly OT - but I really had to get that off my chest. Embarassed 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #29166 24th Sep 2010 11:31am
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Well, I have to admit I like it. Being a family of 2 cars, an L322 and a Jag XF it seems to combine all the bits I like in both. Gear selector=good. Well laid out dash=good. General styling=good. Clean and uncluttered lines=good. A little unsure about the back window but sure it'll grow on me.

As it goes I do like that Tan leather as well. Overall a few niggles but I reckon it'll sell like hot cakes. That's got to be good news for JLR.

Looks like Posh finally got something right as well. The interior is bang up to date and really quite cool. Never thought she had it in her if I'm honest.

Top marks all round then, except probably the price which I suspect will be way more than a FL2 and that is a tad overpriced for one of the decent spec ones.

Post #29175 24th Sep 2010 12:26pm
iT LAD

United Kingdom 

Perhaps it's just me, but I don't like it... Maybe it will grow on me when I see them out and about on the roads.

Post #29177 24th Sep 2010 12:29pm
Fox

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Looks like Posh finally got something right as well. The interior is bang up to date and really quite cool. Never thought she had it in her if I'm honest.

I think she is still working on the "Beckam" special edition...
Didn't think she had much to do with this one, but I'm sure James @ Lookers can correct me if I'm wrong.

Overall I quite like it. Except for diluting the Range Rover name. But business is business and money in the bank is important.

Post #29178 24th Sep 2010 12:29pm
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Fox wrote:
Overall I quite like it. Except for diluting the Range Rover name. But business is business and money in the bank is important.

That's the point which the die hards don't get. Without profit there'll be no Land Rover / Range Rover / Jaguar brand at all. If it makes them cash then that works for me. That cash will fund development of other vehicles which the Die Hards would buy. And keep a lot of good blokes in work too Thumbs Up

A number of people not too far form here are a bit scathing about the Range Rover Sport. They might have valid points as well. But it sells like Billy-O which makes the group a healthy profit. Just because someone doesn't see the RRS for what it is (overpriced D4 with less seats) does not mean they should not be liberated of their cash Wink

Post #29184 24th Sep 2010 12:47pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

The problem with whoring out a brand is that, like many things today, it's good for shareholder value - but schitty for the long term.
I'm really not that stupid ( Thumbs Up ) and been through this discussion numerous times before - even in a professional context. Yes the Cayenne brings Porsche a lump of cash now - but what will it do for the image of the marque in the future? Is Porsche still a sports car manufacturer? Is Land Rover still a manufacturer of rugged off road vehicles? Everyone is trying to capitalize on everyone else's market share - and we are moving away from brands that connote an image to automotive blandness. Porsche is tomorrow's VW and LR tomorrow's... Tata Big Cry

Strong brands need cultivation to remain strong. I'm not only backwards looking but a certain amount of tradition is necessary to cultivate the brand. And if you'd like to call that die-hard then please, call me Bruce Willis. Whistle 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #29284 24th Sep 2010 6:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123