Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Diesel cleaner
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Steveo

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Diesel cleaner

Good morning all has any body used red X millers ect and noticed a difference or is it just snake oil I was thinking of trying some depending on what people recommend or say cheers all

Post #366625 12th Jan 2016 9:00am
Giantlandyman

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

I use it in my V6 Vito. I try to buy premium fuel but when unable, I use Millers….I don't do lots of miles anymore though.

There are as many debates for and against premium v standard fuel as there are about additives v no additives.

From a purely personal point a view, the Millers costs about £10 and will last many months but whether the effect it has is tangible or a placebo, I haven't been using it long enough to say. For the price it costs, I see it as a cheap precaution compared to using premium fuel. To me, the van runs smoother using it i.e. it feels as smooth when using additives or premium fuel compered to standard fuel only.

I know guys who have used it for years (and buy it in 25l drums) and I know guys who have done stellar mileages and not gone near the stuff but I've yet to see a convincing argument either way.

Just re-read that and realised it's not much help. Sorry.

Post #366627 12th Jan 2016 9:21am
Zirconblue

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Cairns Blue

I've used the Diesel and Petrol versions in the past on various vehicles.

It's cured misfires and rough idle in some cases, so it does something, i wouldn't say it was snake oil.

It's all going to boil down to whether your fuel system is actually dirty in the first place, if it's basically clean then putting a cleaner in there wont make any difference.

Comma Diesel Magic and Petrol Magic are the ones i've had results with. I've used the one shot products but I'd tend not to bother with the "add a little bit every fill up" ones, as they are so dilute i can't see how they'd be able to to do much.

Post #366634 12th Jan 2016 11:31am
ajac8

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

Have used Redex diesel treatment a number of times in the FF but have to say I can't perceive any difference. More of a preventative measure I can feel good about. Perhaps if there was noticeable issue before treatment it may be different.

SWMBO 6 series had the engine management light on recently. The local indy prescribed redex petrol treatment with a full tank as a first measure as no significant codes were stored. I have to say the amount of sh!t that seemed to bellow out of the exhaust over quite a few days was at one point quite worrying. The light has since gone out and so has the smoke from the rear. Purrs like a big pussy cat now.

Lord only knows what has happened inside!! Whistle 405 AB exec seats Baltic and Cirrus
93 RR Classic efi

Remember it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

Gone in order:
4.4 TDV8 SE - gone to a good home
93 Classic hard dash Plymouth Blue
03 L322 Oslo Blue
2000 Disco TD5 ES Epsom Green
98 P38 Rioja Red
89 Classic Cairngorm Brown

Post #366915 13th Jan 2016 8:48pm
archermav

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

I use BG244 in mine every few months or so. No idea if it does make a difference, but the previous owner did so I just carried it on. Also only use premium fuel. Again, the previous owner did. Mine's now on 143 thousand and runs as sweet as anything. No smoke issues, idling issues etc. Touch wood of course Big Cry Thumbs Up

Post #366992 14th Jan 2016 11:25am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1