Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > TOW BAR - REAR FOG LIGHTS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
nicedayforit

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

@E777

You didn't disturb anything in the rear compartment when you were stowing your swan neck by any chance?

Post #366946 13th Jan 2016 10:16pm
Duracell777

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

[quote="Zirconblue"]

Quote:
Fog lights (in my opinion) cause more harm than good.

In over 30 years of driving, I have only genuinely needed to use rear fog lights 2 or 3 times. If you can see more than 100 meters. Turn them OFF Exclamation Evil or Very Mad

If visibility is that bad, Slow down! They are not to be used as an excuse to maintain your current speed.

Sorry, not a dig at the OP. Just that I see a lot of inconsiderate drivers wrongly using fog lights.
Same when they leave their foot on the brake after you have stopped behind them (at a junction for example). I digress.

That's what i posted above. Very Happy

I Know, but as it took me a long time to do, I thought i would post anyway. Thumbs Up

Agree with the rest of your post Thumbs Up Only driven just over 2 million myself, so still a novice really Wink

Post #366948 13th Jan 2016 10:33pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i think NDFI might be on to something there, the swan neck could have knocked the tow wiring/socket/something else when it was removed and maybe put in the cubby hole.

i would stick the swan neck back in the armature and test the fogs again.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #366960 13th Jan 2016 11:04pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Unnecessary quote removed

100% guaranteed that the removable metal tow bar attachment cannot affect the rear fog lights sir...

The trailer/towing ECU works by detecting the load pulled by the brake lights so, when you plug in the towing electrics it sences the trailer brake light circuit and that is what activates the ECU sir... Pull out the plug 7 or 13pin and the ECU stops immediately...

The cars rear fog lamps ONLY stop illuminating with a towing electrics plug fitted IF the dealer has set it that way! More often than not, the rear fog lights still work on the car when trailer electrics are fitted as the dealer needs to set them. Often the owner only tows a small trailer without a fog lamp anyhow!

Your rear fogs are LED on your 2012 Mr Emirates. So are more reliable than an incandescent bulb! Next time your on a quiet road where its dark, put them on and you will see everything behind you light up red! So, when you drive with them on, there really can’t be any question if they are working or not as you will see the fog/rain spray or snow light up red behind you sir Thumbs Up

Post #366973 13th Jan 2016 11:52pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Unnecessary quote removed

Basically your braking distance in the wet at speed...

My simple rule is that FOG Lights should not be used above 20-30mph as if the weather is that bad you'll not be able to tell the diff between a foglight and brake light at speed and when used should limit the vehicles speed as well mainly for their own safety!! FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #367181 15th Jan 2016 1:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12