Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Suspension won't raise from standard height setting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
6029 king Stephen

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Rimini Red
Suspension won't raise from standard height setting

I have noticed a problem with my suspension today in that when I move the suspension height selector to off road height, the light flashes but the car's height doesn't change. Even after two to three minutes and revving the engine slightly doesn't make any difference. When I move the selector to standard height the light stops flashing immediately. I even moved the selector switch to the entry position and it went down fine. I then moved the selector to the standard height position and after a little while the car returned to the standard height. I then switched it back to the off road setting and again the light flashed but nothing happened. Yesterday, we went for a 600 km drive and the suspension was changing from standard to motorway settings and back as it should but don't understand what might be at fault now. Have already had front struts with bags replaced. Car is booked in for a service on 4 May in Gabon (nearest dealer to Cameroon where Land Rover refuse to open a dealership despite loads of its products being used here and loads broken down needing basic parts!) with parts obtained from Island 4x4.

Grateful for advice on what might be the problem so that I could try to order parts ahead of service?

Regards,

Steve

Post #383425 23rd Apr 2016 11:40pm
gregdav

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Looks like your air suspension compressor isn't producing enough air.
could be you just need the refurb kit, if not available over there, might be a new compressor.
kit's readily available on eblag, about 25quid, the refurb kit cured my car's problem slow to raise etc.
Thumbs Up

Post #383442 24th Apr 2016 6:46am
6029 king Stephen

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Rimini Red

Thanks for the suggestion. I will have a look at Island 4x4 website as they have so far provided all spares I have asked for with fast courier delivery. Failing that, I will look on eBay. I'll need to get the part sharpish as I only have week before leaving for Gabon.

Regards,

Steve

Post #383445 24th Apr 2016 7:31am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Steve, do you have a diagnostic tool? IID etc? You really need to be able to check live data to advise you! Yes the compressor could be week, you could have a leak (above standard height) hence it won’t lift! etc etc etc Whistle

Post #383465 24th Apr 2016 10:13am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

If it goes from access to standard and drops and raises from motorway to standard then there can't be much wrong with the compressor, not wishing to teach you to suck eggs but you do know it won't do anything with a door open...!!!

Set it to offroad, get out, shut the doors and stand and wait, it takes a while on our early ones but it should slowly raise... Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #383505 24th Apr 2016 2:41pm
Weejock

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

As said above it could still be a leak. Mine was similar, worked fine in standard and motorway but would take ages to go into off road height and eventually wouldn't even go that far.
I traced it to a leaking air bag on the front, they stay sealed with the rubber folded in against itself but once they unfold as the height raises they start leaking. Checking the airbags as it's raising, listening to each corner and soapy water sprayed over joins highlighted mine. If you've replaced the fronts concentrate on the rears but don't rule out the fronts.

Post #383543 24th Apr 2016 6:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1