Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Bluetooth and computer trouble?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
TheBigChevyGuy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black
Bluetooth and computer trouble?

Hi, I have been having a issue with my Bluetooth. Problem is as follows.. I unlock the car and get in, land rover appears in the computer screen and it starts to wake up. My phone connects to it instantly and while this is happening I turn the key to start up. When it's in crank position the computer screen goes black (the engine starts fine) and then the screen reboots with land rover again, this time however the Bluetooth is still connected but I get "phone not attached" in the phone screen? I can disconnect my phone by turning Bluetooth off and reconnect etc, but still "phone not attached"? It appears that once the computer wakes up it will connect 100% of the time, but as it starts and reboots it will never show the connection although my phone does? It has to power down (light stops flashing and my phone goes to disconnect) before I can reconnect again. Sometimes when I start the computer "just about" stays with me and all is good! Most times however starting kills the computer screen into a reset.

Does you car do this on startup? IE reboot the screen as the engine cranks?

I have a new battery 95ah and 850cca

It's getting very annoying, why doesn't the computer stay asleep until I turn the key? Can I programme it to not wake on door opening?

Cheers in advance, Max

Post #390989 9th Jun 2016 11:17pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Battery sounds on the light side to me - I ran 110aH on my TDV8

Does it do it every time you start, or only when you start it after it's been standing for a while ? You may have some kind of drain on the battery.

If you have a battery charger, you could try leaving that connected overnight, so the battery is fully charged and try starting after that.

Do you have a meter - what is the voltage on the battery when the vehicle os off and when it is running ?

The 2007 cars have fragile alternators as standard - it's possible that yours is draining the battery - which is my thought process for the above questions

Though this thread implies that the reboot is standard (I can't remember what mine did) - but it should re-connect the bluetooth......

Post #391002 10th Jun 2016 7:11am
TheBigChevyGuy

I was thinking this aswel, so I carried out a midtronics test on the vehicle. Battery (new) tested fine and charging is perfect. Looks like the alternator has been replaced recently aswel. I am thinking that the battery is possibly not high spec enough for the vehicle, the book recommends 110ah 850cca. Although it's starting fine maybe it needs the extra to keep the computer alive during the cranking phase of starting? Hence I'd like to know if they are supposed to shut the computer in this phase, as if so I know that is ok. If I leave it sitting for three days it will start no problem at all so I'm not sure if it has a drain problem, although I haven't tested as of yet. What I'd like is to program the computer to not wake up unless I turn the key. Is this possible?

Regards, Max

Post #391013 10th Jun 2016 9:35am
GraemeC

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

I normally have my dash display set to show the time. I've noticed that if my battery is a little low when starting (e.g. after running a full FBH cycle only having done short runs) the dash display defaults to being blank - does yours do this on starting? 2007 Zermatt Silver TDV8 Vogue SE - now sold but was a great car!

Post #391015 10th Jun 2016 9:46am
TheBigChevyGuy

Yes, it always goes blank. I am almost certain that the battery is the problem. It's absolutely fine but not big enough for the car I reckon. I'm taking it back Monday and swapping for a larger capacity one.

Does your computer wake up upon opening the car?

Does your computer go back to the land rover logo upon cranking the car on startup? Or does it start awake?

Regards, Max

Post #391021 10th Jun 2016 10:22am
Alistair

Worth reading this thread

I'd get the battery swapped

Post #391024 10th Jun 2016 10:31am
GraemeC

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Yes, my computer wakes on opening the car and it goes back to the Land Rover logo when cranking

I believe this is normal. My voltages are all fine (battery and alternator) and I have a Bosch S5 110AH/920CCA battery fitted which give a bit more oommph (loads of threads on which battery - this or equivalent Varta model are widely used on here, mine was a bit a of pain to fit as larger than standard - I cut one of the flanges off one side, others have managed to get it to fit with no 'modifications') 2007 Zermatt Silver TDV8 Vogue SE - now sold but was a great car!

Post #391038 10th Jun 2016 12:42pm
TheBigChevyGuy

Replaced the Yuasa 3000 (95AH 850CCA) battery with a Yuasa 5000 (100AH 900CCA) Comes with 5 year warrenty and cost roughly the same. I did look at a type 020 but they are 40mm larger.

I can now start it without killing the power from the computer and loosing the bluetooth! It still flicks the screen off but dosen't reset the computer. IE if I switch it on then wait for it to boot then start it stays on the same screen and doesn't defult back to the Land Rover logo

All is good!

Thanks, Max

Post #391541 13th Jun 2016 9:58pm
Alistair

Thumbs Up

Post #391543 13th Jun 2016 10:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1