Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Paint Protection systems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Nick, I believe that NO manufacturers approve of any post delivery/sale protectants - they all consider that their paint application is all you need, which in many cases is perfectly acceptable.

The only reason I asked this question is that with the advent of the WWW/ internet we now hear about things we may not ever have learned about and I was wondering about people's views of these products. For me a garden hose and a bucket of warm foamy water and a car wash mit or a trip to the pressure washer bay are generally sufficient. Maybe if I had a black car I would be more interested in a rigorous washing regime................. I understand that some folks like to spend a whole weekend applying car cleaning products and polishes, but me, no 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #56644 25th Mar 2011 2:36pm
nick h

2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tonga Green

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Nick, I believe that NO manufacturers approve of any post delivery/sale protectants - they all consider that their paint application is all you need, which in many cases is perfectly acceptable.

The only reason I asked this question is that with the advent of the WWW/ internet we now hear about things we may not ever have learned about and I was wondering about people's views of these products. For me a garden hose and a bucket of warm foamy water and a car wash mit or a trip to the pressure washer bay are generally sufficient. Maybe if I had a black car I would be more interested in a rigorous washing regime................. I understand that some folks like to spend a whole weekend applying car cleaning products and polishes, but me, no

tim you have pm about this issue Smile

will have to be later as i've got to go out - sorry

Last edited by nick h on 25th Mar 2011 3:04pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #56648 25th Mar 2011 2:50pm
bogie

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Ive had gtechnic on all my cars for about 3 years now...works really well and I would always have it done now

I had paint protection film also to protect against chips, the Gtechniq stuff is like a permanent polymer coat for lazy people like me who dont have time to wax their car every 6 weeks when it wears out Wink

...Gtechniq stuff lasts well and is comparable in price to a regular "detail" except you are using some proprietary polymer rather than a wax that wears off ...same stuff they use on planes and super yachts and such like

you can buy most of it yourself - their top stuff is only sold to the trade, as it does require a particular technique/process to apply for best results ...obviously they want to control customer satisfaction in the product, so selling it in Asda for 2.99 with other magic cleaning stuff isnt going to get the same results Wink cheers
bogie

Post #56649 25th Mar 2011 2:51pm
nick h

at the moment the 'best' paint/clearcoat finish in the world is the ceramic based system used by Ferrari

Post #56658 25th Mar 2011 3:06pm
nick h

bogie wrote:
Ive had gtechnic on all my cars for about 3 years now...works really well and I would always have it done now

I had paint protection film also to protect against chips, the Gtechniq stuff is like a permanent polymer coat for lazy people like me who dont have time to wax their car every 6 weeks when it wears out Wink

...Gtechniq stuff lasts well and is comparable in price to a regular "detail" except you are using some proprietary polymer rather than a wax that wears off ...same stuff they use on planes and super yachts and such like

you can buy most of it yourself - their top stuff is only sold to the trade, as it does require a particular technique/process to apply for best results ...obviously they want to control customer satisfaction in the product, so selling it in Asda for 2.99 with other magic cleaning stuff isnt going to get the same results Wink

sorry but 'sold to the trade' does not give me any consolation - it only means a cartel control the distribution of the product

i can think of hundreds of things that are only sold to the trade - mostly because if joe public found out the real costs they would be shocked Laughing

Post #56659 25th Mar 2011 3:08pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Like Land Rover branded parts.................. 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #56680 25th Mar 2011 6:06pm
bogie

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

nick h wrote:
bogie wrote:

you can buy most of it yourself - their top stuff is only sold to the trade, as it does require a particular technique/process to apply for best results ...obviously they want to control customer satisfaction in the product, so selling it in Asda for 2.99 with other magic cleaning stuff isnt going to get the same results Wink

sorry but 'sold to the trade' does not give me any consolation - it only means a cartel control the distribution of the product

i can think of hundreds of things that are only sold to the trade - mostly because if joe public found out the real costs they would be shocked Laughing

at £14 retail a bottle retail and sub £10 trade so im sure someone is making millions off it Wink cheers
bogie

Post #56703 25th Mar 2011 8:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12