Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Superpro Bushes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

Nolathane also make a poly bush which has 8 holes. My current thought is to fit a pair of these and if too harsh then drill out the rear 4 holes larger similar to the void in the rubber bushes to allow more flexibility when the wheels are pulling forwards but leaving the other side untouched for braking.

Post #677132 3rd Nov 2023 9:07am
GraemeS

I've ordered Whiteline W82977 which is a black version of Nolathane 48191 - both are 80 Duro.

These bushes are listed as fitting several BMW models including at least early X5s in their version of the arm. Meyle make a HD X5 rubber version 3003112104/HD (MCB0205HD) which also has the braking bump-stop although different to the LR version and a smaller void on the other side compared with the LR version. It looks to be a HD version of the LR bush. Meyle only list a standard version of the LR bush which looks identical to the LR version.

If the Whiteline poly bushes are found to be too harsh then next to try will be the Meyle HD BMW bushes, which I would have purchased instead of the Whiteline poly bushes had I found them earlier.

Post #677580 9th Nov 2023 12:47am
Ajmngn

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Good research Graeme and looking forward to hearing the results of your trials once arrived and fitted.

I think our use cases are different and, what I would be willing to accept primarily as a tarmac user, would be different with you needing to drive off tarmac more frequently.

I’ve no doubt that a non-rubber OEM solution will not be as compliant as rubber. However, I suspect most FFRR drivers would take a marginally increased NVH for more consistently direct steering and not needing to change both arms/bushes every 12-24 months. I can’t wait to get my rear wishbone and ARB bushes fitted so the whole trick is running on SuperPro but it will be a few more months at least before I get to that.

Let us know how you get on and please put some pictures up when you have them fitted! 👍 Andy

2010 4.4TDV8 Vogue SE in Santorini Black with Ivory interior
2017 Audi SQ5 3.0 V6T Quattro in Volcano Red
2001 Audi Allroad 2.5 TDI manual with low-range in Highland Green. Currently SORN whilst undergoing some serious restoration!

Post #677703 11th Nov 2023 10:00am
GraemeS

I'll be fitting a pair of Meyle BMW HD MCB0205HD bushes instead of the poly bushes this time round as my last try of rubber bushes. Unfortunately I'll have to put up with the thumping on anything but smooth pavement and the wandering steering for a few more weeks yet.

Post #677752 12th Nov 2023 5:29am
GraemeS

The Meyle HD BMW X5 etc bushes have been fitted for a few weeks. An alignment check a few days ago revealed that my setting of the toe was +0.4mm so it wasn't changed.

The ride is harsher at times, particularly at slower speeds on bitumen where there must be ripples.
The increased harshness is probably about the same change again that occurred when I fitted GG AT3 255/60R19 whereby the ride was noticibly harsher than with worn-out 275/55R20 Pirelli AT+ even though the tyres have the same 113 load index.

A positive effect is that the vehicle no longer tram-lines in wheel-tracks that have hardened in the surface of my 4 km lane when it was wet. My L322 has always tran-lined in hardened tracks so I was quite surprised that it now doesn't.

I'll see how I feel about these bushes over the coming months. The removed Lemforder bushes aren't torn but the centre pins are now well back from the bump-stop so they aren't really suitable to be refitted.

Post #680805 20th Dec 2023 10:29am
GraemeS

I couldn't become accustomed to the harsher ride of the Meyle HD BMW bushes so back to the Lemforders.

Post #686120 21st Feb 2024 11:08am
gedebo

Sweden 

Any updates on the superpro bushes? I am seriously considering doing them,so any update would be appreciated! Thanks!

Post #686568 27th Feb 2024 11:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12