Print this entire topic · 
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Great product Steve, how do i purchase one please? Regards Craig Bow down

Post #74867 4th Aug 2011 11:42pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Thanks Craig Very Happy

Easiest at the moment is to follow the link to the thread that I posted above and click on one of the 2 mail links embedded in the post - either the IIDTool link or EASControl link - depending on which of the 2 units you are interested in. Give us the specs on your vehicle, contact info, and we'll tell you how to pay and get a unit out. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #74870 5th Aug 2011 3:03am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Steve, have clicked on both and it does'nt seem to want to send me anywhere! I have copied and pasted the address into my e-mail and sent you a mail. Does that work? Sorry to sound so blonde! Big Cry

Post #74883 5th Aug 2011 9:27am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Got your mail and replied!

I just tried both links and they work. You probably have mail links blocked as part of your security settings. No worries. You did everything right. Cool 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Post #74910 5th Aug 2011 2:21pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Forgive me for appearing confused! I emailed a company in the Canada about this IIS thingy as a potential beta tester, but it transpires that it doesn't do any option changes yet, and the particular thing I was interested in was to disable the Censored TPMS system. I was informed it couldn't do that, so is this a different system that can disable TPMS on a MY2000 car? Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #74922 5th Aug 2011 4:00pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

No, it's the same unit - and the same Steve who replied to you last week. Razz

As I said, we hope to have a sw release in fall with -nearly- full programming capability. You can clear the TPMS fault very quickly with the present release, tho. Whistle

What confused you - the location in my sig? We are a globally operating venture. Laughing 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Post #74977 5th Aug 2011 10:34pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

steve, how does your unit compare the RAC.

Post #74980 5th Aug 2011 10:38pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

I've never actually used RAC, so as far as features/programming, etc goes I can't really say for sure. As with the RAC, in its present iteration the IIDTool is also not fully equipped with programming functionality. We hope to take care of a large chunk of this with an update this fall.

What I know to be different:
- the IIDTool covers the L322 from 2002-05 and 06-09, RRSport through 2009, and Disco3 all years. RAC only does the early L322 to 2005.
- the IIDTool is ultra portable and simple to use - it's the size of a box of (larger) matches and has no external cables/computer/power supply/etc. in normal use.
- the IIDTool is fast: you can read and clear faults in less time than it takes to boot a computer with any other diagnostic system (and even work from inside the vehicle in bad weather). And compared to the OEM T4/IDS, it is much, much faster.
- the programming/component testing capabilities - at present only for the EAS - are unique to the IIDTool. There are more/better options on both counts than the OEM T4/IDS. AFAIK, no other diagnostic system has the capability of making individual height changes to each setting - i.e. off road +15mm, standard -10mm, motorway - 25mm (this feature only for the early L322 in the present version)

I'm sure there are other differences that I'm not remembering or don't know about due to my lack of experience with RAC.

I do have to say that in my experience Storey is a great guy. I got to know him (virtually) several years ago - during the development of the P38 EAS Unlock Suite. It is probably in greatest part my doing ( I think today Storey would say undoing Laughing ) that the software was released as open source under the GNU/GPL License. There were pressing reasons at the time, though. Also, I hoped it would lead to a surge in developers joining to build a complete P38 diagnostic system. Despite the popularity of the EAS Unlock Suite, that did not happen. Whistle

I'd like to do a full thread on the IIDTool and another on the EASControl, but I don't feel comfortable doing this w/o clearing it w/Martin - and he's not answering mail or pm's at the moment (vacation?). 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Post #75087 7th Aug 2011 4:18am
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

yep martin is on holiday steve, it'll be a while till he responds to 'all' our emails..

i'm a bit disappointed with my rac as i was expecting more ability to change and play with the cars settings ...i appreciate that these features arnt easily accessed so i wait in anticipation that storey will get round to it...

Post #75095 7th Aug 2011 10:00am
alanm_3

SteveMFr wrote:
No, it's the same unit - and the same Steve who replied to you last week. Razz

As I said, we hope to have a sw release in fall with -nearly- full programming capability. You can clear the TPMS fault very quickly with the present release, tho. Whistle

What confused you - the location in my sig? We are a globally operating venture. Laughing

Yes, it was your location that confused me somewhat! Very Happy

The problem I have with the TPMS is random, and clears itself after another random period of time, but I would prefer to completely disable it so I didn't get any warnings at all. .

cheers Steve Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue

Post #75099 7th Aug 2011 10:32am
JOKER

Scotland 

Do what everyone else does a bit of black insulation tape over the warning light ... Thumbs Up Laughing Laughing Wink ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #75102 7th Aug 2011 10:36am
alanm_3

MICK wrote:
Do what everyone else does a bit of black insulation tape over the warning light ... Thumbs Up Laughing Laughing Wink

If only it were that simple Mick! The Censored keeps telling me in the text display I "have a TPMS problem" and this overrules everyhting else that gets displayed! Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue

Post #75107 7th Aug 2011 11:02am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

scarey wrote:
yep martin is on holiday steve, it'll be a while till he responds to 'all' our emails..

i'm a bit disappointed with my rac as i was expecting more ability to change and play with the cars settings ...i appreciate that these features arnt easily accessed so i wait in anticipation that storey will get round to it...

I can understand your disappointment, Stan, but even if Storey were never to update, you'd still have a lot of kit for the price. Used to be 4 times as much to be able to do fault clearing to as many systems as you now can.

And I am certain Storey will come through. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Post #75261 8th Aug 2011 5:01pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

as you say steve, it will pay for it self the first time i need to clear a fault....time will tell on the rest of the features..

Post #75263 8th Aug 2011 5:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12