Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Steering wheel woes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey
Steering wheel woes

OK, just a heads up in case it might help someone else.

So I needed a new steering wheel due to a defective heating element which keeps blowing the fuse. All on warranty so no big deal, or so I thought.

The car is a 2007 Vogue SE but this applies equally to all 2006 -> 2009 cars.

There are 23 options on steering wheels to start with which is so ludicrous that only Land Rover could manage it anyway. So the wheel was ordered and took 7 weeks to arrive. Turned out to be the wrong one; no heating element. Quite how LR factory parts managed this is amazing really since out of the 23 options, only 1 isn't heated and is for the HSE.

Another wheel ordered which arrived in 2 days. All are now the 2010 spec apparently but you have to be careful not to order the ones with paddleshift. And this is the issue. With 2010 spec wheels you also have to change the airbag (different connector), the plastic disc which cancels the indicators, a relay for something electronic (or the airbag light stays on) and the spoke covers if you wants anything other than chrome.

From the above it's quite easy to see how difficult it is to get it right. One might be tempted to order from a refurbisher such as PowerfulUK or even buy one off the bay. Just be aware of the above. If it's a 2010 spec wheel then you need all the bits to go with it.

Dom.

Post #80350 11th Sep 2011 7:09am
bozmandb9

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I nearly got caught out by that! Fortunately I changed my mind about the 2010 steering wheel i ordered and managed to cancel the order!

Thumbs Up Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #80363 11th Sep 2011 10:15am
Jsb

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Are you sure? I have a 2007 with a 2010 steering wheel, and the only thing I had to mod was the connector for the heating, as it had an extra plastic lug that I removed and all works fine!

Post #80499 12th Sep 2011 12:26am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1