Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Dashcam - Parking Ticket Appeal - Dodgy Westminster Wardens
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
GraemeC

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Well done, a good result Thumbs Up

I had something similar recently when I parked in a small car park at the end of a row.

When I arrived, there were only a few spaces left and there was someone in the space to my right, about to unload their toddler from their rear passenger door. Their car was parked with its wheels on the LHS white line due to a badly parked vehicle in the space to their right.

I needed to get my own 2 year old out of the drivers side rear door, so I parked a reasonable distance away from the other vehicle to give us both enough space (I note there were no Parent/Child parking spaces, even though the place is aimed at kids!)

I guess I could have backed into the space and parked very close to the other vehicle, but

a) it would then have been difficult for me to get my toddlers buggy out of the boot due to the raised flower bed
b) the owner of the other vehicle would not be able to put their toddler in their car seat when they returned to their vehicle as I would be parked too close

Not disputing for a minute that my wheels were over the white line on the LHS of the parking space, but it just needed a bit of common sense applied to see that what I did was reasonable in the circumstances. What you cant see from the photos is the locked gate, which precluded the possibility of traffic passing between the two car parks, hence there was no question of my obstructing anyone (and you could get a bus through it, even with me overlapping the space by a foot or so)

To be fair, the charge was refunded but it was a hassle having to write the letter and explain....

2007 Zermatt Silver TDV8 Vogue SE - now sold but was a great car!

Post #267438 26th Jun 2014 1:03pm
Andy3681

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

Resul!t just a PITA to get it well done Thumbs Up Mine was a blue one! Smile

Post #267443 26th Jun 2014 1:35pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Thumbs Up Excellent news. However. I'd like there to be consequences for that kind of behaviour. I can't help but think of those in the same situation who didn't have such irrefutable proof of wrongdoing.

Post #267519 26th Jun 2014 8:02pm
Welshdragon

Wales 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Monte Carlo Blue

Well done Flashman, good result with the dash cam evidence Thumbs Up , now bill them for your time and postal charges Laughing If it dont work.......burn it!

If the IId tool cant fix it.......burn the FF.

If the FF cant be fixed......buy a Land Cruiser!

If the LC cant be fixed..............................................BUY a horse !!

Post #267591 27th Jun 2014 10:06am
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Walton Gardens GC?? Smile FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #267593 27th Jun 2014 10:32am
ppcsl

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Autobiography Td6 Java Black

I used to work in the IT department in NHS Grampian. I got two parking tickets even when I had a staff park anywhere sticker on my screen. I managed to appeal one of them but the second was at A and E when I was in fixing their main PC and printer. From experience google is a doctors best friend in hospital so I was doing a pretty important thing I thought Confused Yes I was parked in one of six disabled spaces but there were no other spaces and I didn't think it would cause any problem considering the other five were free. I didn't stay there much longer I told them to stick the job up their rectum intestinum using the proper Latin vernacular. Rolling with laughter Traded in my Audi TT 225 for my Range Rover TD6 Autobiography in Java Black. Range Rover now sold.

Post #272992 27th Jul 2014 1:26am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234