Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > 2002-2006 Replacement head unit running Android
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 32 of 36 <123 ... 313233 343536>
Print this entire topic · 
frikkadel

South Africa 

I would like to put an android unit in my 2003 l322.
The FFRR i got has pixellated dash and radio, so need to get it sorted.
Before i go the android unit, have 2 questions, Di need the head unit to tell me about the cars problems?
and
Can i load up apps, because one to the best android apps i have on my cell, is the Ulysse speedometer.Its truly an amazing app, that gives you so much info and also tells you the street address of each house as you drive past it.

Post #396046 14th Jul 2016 1:23pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

No, any info you need from the car is displayed in the dash or you can get it via a bluetooth OBD11 reader and an app that is already on the unit. This will also show and clear basic faults with the FF

One like this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM327-OBD2-II-B...Swkl5XedTj

You can run any Android apps you want.... The IGO8 satnav software that comes with them shows you what road you are in and what numbers you are passing, it also tells you the speed limit and the actual speed you are doing, this is a stand alone and doesn't need any internet access, the unit will hotspot to your phone if you want to use online apps, I use online radio channels a lot... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #396050 14th Jul 2016 1:47pm
Harlin

England 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

what sort of money to get as far as you have mate . mine is 06 so think it has the fiber optics will it work with that ,cheers

Post #397070 21st Jul 2016 11:05pm
Haylands

Sorry, doesn't work for the touchscreen units... Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold

Post #397071 21st Jul 2016 11:12pm
cliff5.0sc

Did you wire into the subwoofer box at all? Any idea on pinouts?

Great write ups by the way, puts mine to shame. Ha! OffRoadRover.com An American Western Range Rover Off Road Blog

Post #398713 1st Aug 2016 7:00pm
Haylands

You can find the wires in Rave, available from the WIKI.. I think a few have done it....

I didn't use the sub, old git, don't like the Boom Boom Boom in my back, I've got twin suspension pumps fitted in the sub enclosure, much better use for it.... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Pete

Post #398715 1st Aug 2016 7:35pm
jetset

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

Finally I thought I'd better fit my Erisin unit that has been sitting in a box since I bought it a year ago!
Like everyone else I was considering using extra amps, but I thought I would try just using the unit......the sound is very good, and somewhat cleaner than the 1970s Marshall DSP??!!
I will have to finish by fitting an aerial extension and possibly an amplified aerial for the TV, and a sub amp for bass, but what fun!
I got all options including digital TV, reverse camera (but now may just put this to see the dog in boot?), USB wifi. More usage instructions would have helped (like how to change boot screen), but google helps.

Oh, and for anyone attempting, the vents do not just 'pop off' when you release the tabs!.....at one point after half an hour of naughty words I thought I may have to just sell the car and buy another or set fire to it!

Post #412519 7th Nov 2016 12:44pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Whistle The vents do just pop off....... but only the second time around.... LR use something that makes them a pig to get out first time... but after that they are a breeze Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #412520 7th Nov 2016 12:57pm
Haylands

And they always pop out if you use the screwdriver behind as I showed in the write up....

Glad you like it, nobody believed me that it sounded just as good... go into equaliser settings and go to Rock, get very good bass then.... Thumbs Up Pete

Post #412608 7th Nov 2016 11:03pm
jetset

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

Done so ta! Also if loud is selected.
I may still fit 3 way crossovers to the front as I can hear a bit too much range going into the centres distorting them, and definitely a sub amp....once I can find or measure the impedance of each of the four!

Post #412675 8th Nov 2016 6:40pm
builder1966

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

Anyone know of anywhere close to Essex that I can get one sorted and fitted please ?

Post #413233 12th Nov 2016 5:33pm
Haylands

Whilst I've had the dash out I thought I'd upgrade the head unit to the latest one as Memory Map which I use for green laning does not like working with Android 4, it was designed for Android 5 and although I managed to make it work it does crash quite a lot.. the rest of the head unit works superb and has done for the last two years but I just fancied the latest one...

So Erisin ES4053B 7" Android 5.1 Car DVD DAB+ being the latest they do, was ordered and arrived within a few days, straight plug and play swap with the old one, all working well, bought the TV box and DAB+ box as well and they all worked great, Memory Map downloaded and working great... then decided to put my screen saver on it and sort out the rest of the finer points of it's options, go into the factory settings to change the button colours from the standard BMW red to FF green and wham.... the buttons won't change colour, chose green and they stay red.... Weird thinks me, the old one had multi coloured lights...!!! then on closer reading of the specifications....

I mean, who bothers to read the whole lot.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

KEY FEATURES:
This unit is the best android unit on the market, the most functions can be compared with your smartphone
7" All-in-One Design for BMW E39/E53 Cars with Can-Bus-Decoder. Adopt the newest Android 5.1.1 OS, 1024*600 HDCapacitive Touch Screen, Quad Core CPU, 1GB RAM, 1.96GB ROM and 11.52GB Internal Storage.
it has special Port for Digital TV Box, you can connect our HD-DVB-T Box to achieve touch operation, and this item can power on the connected DTV Box. built-in DAB+ System, just connect with our DAB+ Box to use this function. and built-in DVR System, just connect with a USB Camera to use Car Record function. the records will be saved in Nand Flash/GPS Card/SD Card/USB Storage automatically, and you can play saved record on this unit directly.
Support Mirror Link for iPhone and Android SmartPhone. Support Torque Pro (OBD2 & Car), you can connect a ES350 Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner Tool to use this function. most popular and strongest function:
Android 5.1.1 OS, 1024*600 HD Capacitive Touch Screen, Quad-Core 1608MHz CPU, 1GB RAM, 1.96GB ROM, 11.52GB Internal Memory, support 32GB External, 1080P Videos/live images/2160P Photos, PDF/WORD/TXT/EXCEL, Audio/Video/Photo media Player, surf Internet through 3G or WiFi, support Google online Navi and Android maps Navi, 8GB TF Card included, get access to thousands of apps, games on the Google Play Store, keep connected through Twitter, Facebook, Gtalk, Gmail, WeChat, Skype and other services, play popular games like Fruit Ninja, Feed the Candy, Angry Birds, Big Fish, Air Attack... Radio, RDS, Bluetooth, DVD, USB, SD, CAM-IN, AUX, Steering Wheel Control, Live Wallpaper, DIY Wallpaper
- This unit will fit the following car model:
BMW 5 Series E39 1996 to 2001 with Old 17-Pin connector
BMW 5 Series E39 2002 to 2003 with New 40-Pin connector
BMW X5 E53 2000 to 2001 with Old 17-Pin connector
BMW X5 E53 2002 to 2007 with New 40-Pin connector
BMW M5 1996 to 2003 with Old 17-Pin or New 40-Pin connector
Note: This unit has front panel size 285mm(Top width)*120mm(High)*285mm(Bottom width), please check your
dashboard size before bid to avoid mistake!
- 7 Inch super wide Screen, our unique design, the most BMW E53 car DVD player just has 6.2" screen size
- Google Android 5.1 Operation System, Beautiful and fashionable UI Unique Design
- Five-Point Touch Capacitive Screen, 1024*600 HD Digital Screen---The Resolution is just like your iPad
- Quad-Core RK3188 1.6GHz Cortex A9 CPU, 1GB RAM, 1.96GB ROM, 11.52GB Internal Memory
- Support extended Media Card/GPS Card/2 USB Stick up to 4*32GB
- DIY Main Menu Display: You can drag Search Bar, Music/Radio/BT-Stereo Player, Apps or other Bookmarks
on main menu to display
- Built-In Clock and Calendar, Clock/Date/Week/Time Zone adjustable, can use GPS or network-provided time
- Multi-Languages: it has more than 70 languages to select, just check it in our pictures

- Button Light Color in Red just same as your original car radio and electronics
- 5 live wallpapers, 21 wallpapers, support DIY User's wallpaper from Gallery Pictures
- Built-in WiFi Modem, support 802.11b/g/n WLAN Standard, High Performance, Low Power Consumption
- Support 3G Internet, support extral USB Dongle: WCDMA,EVDO,TD-SCDMA.
- Support Google Maps online Navigating, you can use GPS Navigating if you are in Internet
- Support Android Maps Navigation, Free 8GB TF Card will be in parcel contents included
- Support Android Multimedia Player, it can play Music/Movie/Photo from local Disc or USB/SD.
- Online Entertainment, support online video, TV, movie, music, radio, Youtube, Yahoo, MSN
- Online Communication, keep connected through WeChat, Twitter, Facebook, Gtalk, Gmail and other services
- Support read and edit Official Software, WORD/EXCEL/POWERPOINT/PDF/TXT.
- Support Google Play Store, you can download thousands of Apps from here and
you can download many popular games like Fruit Ninja, Feed the Candy, Angry Birds, Fieldrunner, speed forge 3D...
- Support 3D Games, HD Video, 1080P, H.264, Divx Live images Formats
- Support HD Videos up to 1920*1080 pixels, Photo up to 4096*4096 pixels
- Support Bluetooth hands-free function, built-in microphone and external microphone Jack.
- Support A2DP Bluetooth, can play stereo music through Bluetooth from your mobile Phone
- Download phone book function, you can download contact information from your phone to this unit
- Support the newest Phone Book Search, you can search&find a contact member in downloaded phone book,
just input the first letter of name, you will find some associated names, then you can choose the right one
- Support Torque Pro (OBD2 & Car), you can connect a ES350 Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner Tool to use this function.
- Support the newest Mirror Link with iPhone via WiFi and with Android Smartphone via USB or WiFi
- Radio Tuner with RDS, 30 Preset Radio Stations (FM: 3*6, AM: 2*6)
- USB Port and Micro SD Slot, Support USB Stick and Memory Card up to 32GB
- Built-in Car DVR System, just connect with a USB Camera to use Car Record function. the records will be saved
automatically in Nand Flash/GPS Card/SD Card/USB Storage and you can play saved record on this unit directly.
- Built-in DAB+ System, just connect a DAB/DAB+ Box with USB Port to use this function.
- Support Digital TV Box input, Touch Control and Power supply
- Support Rear View Camera input and reverse trigger Control
- Support Steering Wheel Control, Hand Brake Control
- Electronic Anti-Shock, Last Position Memory
- Power Supply: DC 12V (allowance range: 10.8-14.5V)
- Max. Current: 10A
- Screen Size: 7 inch
- Front panel Size: 285mm(Top width)*120mm(High)*285mm(Bottom width)
- Package Size: 340mm*270mm*190mm
- Gross Weight: 4.0kg
- Net Weight: 3.1kg
- Operation System: Google Android 5.1.1
- CPU: Rockchips RK3188 1608MHz
- ROM: 1.96GB
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal SD Card: 11.52GB
- Extended SD Card: Support TF Card up to 32GB
- Touch Screen: Yes
- Resolution: 1024*600
- Capacitive or Resistance Screen: Capacitive
- Built-in Clock and Calendar: Yes, show real time and can use network-provided time
- DIY main menu display: Yes, You can drag Music/Radio/BT Stereo Player, Search bar, Bookmarks or App-Icon to main menu
- Change Apps-Icon Position: Yes
WiFi/3G
- Connector: On the Back
- WiFi: Built-in WiFi Modem, support 802.11b/g/n
- 3G: 3G Modem not included, 3G universal Drive, support external USB Dongle: WCDMA, EVDO, TD-SCDMA
- Explorer: Opera, UCWeb, SkyFile, Dolphin and more explorer for your selection
- Online Entertainment: Online Video, TV, Movie, Music, Radio, Video Chat
- Online Navigation: Online Google Maps Navigating
- Online Games: Yes, online play or you can download it from google play store
- Online Communication: keep connected through WeChat, Twitter, Facebook, Gtalk, Gmail...
- Read and edit Office Software: Yes, support Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PDF, TXT
- Format: MP3/WMA/MP2/OGG/AAC/MA4/FLAC/APE/WAV etc. Could play via song list
- Record: MP3, WMA
- Other: LRC synchronized display; ID3 search; Search by files; Album Picture; User-defined audio effect
- Audio IC: Top Global Cirrus IC, independent audio decoding
- SNR: Noise rations:?90dB
- Format: Support AVI (H.264, DIVX, XVID), rm, rmvb, MKV (H.264, DIVX, XVID). WMA, MOV, MP4 (H.264, MPEG, DIVX, XVID).
DAT (VCD format). VOB (DVD format). PMP, MPEG, MPG. FLV (H.263, H.264). ASF, TS, TP, 3GP, MPG ect. ?30 formats,
Playing internet video directly (while downloading)
- Play: Up to 1920*1080 Pixels, 30Mb. Fluent play without light spot
- Video Output: Common Video Output (AV)
- Operation System: Android 5.1.1
- Support Maps: IGO, SYGIC maps for Android 5.1.1
- Free 8GB TF Card included: Yes
- Voice Guidance: Yes
- Support 2D/3D Map Views: Yes
- Dual Zone: Yes, navigating while music playing
- Online Navi: Yes, support google maps online navigating
- DVD
- Decode IC: 8202VGQ
- Compatible Format: MP4, AVI, DIVX, DVD, VCD, MP3, CD, WMA, JPEG
- OSD/Audio/Subtitle Language: English/Italian/French/Spanish/Portuguese/German/Russian..
- Auto-Save Function: Yes, expediently watch all kinds of disc continuously
- Hands Free: Yes
- A2DP (Bluetooth Stereo Music): Yes, can play stereo music through Bluetooth
- Bluetooth Music Control: Yes, play/pause/previous/next
- PB-Download: Yes, can download phonebook from mobile to this unit
- PB-Search: Yes, can use the first letter to search contact member in PB-Listings
- Calling Records: Yes, Dialed Call, Received Call, Missed Call
- Setup: Auto Answer, Auto connect, Device name
- Built-in Microphone: Yes, on the front panel
- External Microphone Jack: Yes, on the back
- AM Frequency Range: 522-1620KHz
- AM Increment: 9KHz(EU)/10KHz(US)
- FM Tuning Range: 87.5-108MHz
- FM Increment: 0.05MHz(EU)/0.1MHz(US)
- FM Area: Europe/USA1/USA2/Japan/Russia
- RDS: On/Off
- Preset Stations: 30(FM 3*6, AM 2*6)
- Position: 2 USB On the Back, can be connected with Media/3G/Camera/DAB+ Box/Smartphone
- Capacity: 32GB
- Play MP5 Videos: Yes, can play RMVB Videos up to 1080P
- Touch Music Title to play directly: Yes
-SD
- Position: On the front panel, Media or GPS Card Slot optional
- Capacity: 32GB micro SD/TF Card
- Play MP5 Videos: Yes, can play RMVB Videos up to 1080P
- Touch Music Title to play directly: Yes
- Car DVR
- Built-in Car Recorder App: Yes, just connect a USB Camera to use this function
- Support HD CCD Camera: Yes
- Play recorded Video directly: Yes
- Storing Position: Nand Flash/GPS Card/SD Card/USB Storage can be changed
- Built-in DAB Player App: Yes, just connect a DAB+ Box to use this function
- Connection Port: USB
- Power Supply to DAB+ Box directly: Yes
- Touch Control DAB+ Box on unit: Yes
- Built-in Digital TV Tuner: No
- External Port for TV Box: Yes, Support DVB-T/ATSC/ISDB Box
- Power Supply to TV Box directly: Yes, you can connect our TV Box to achieve this function
- Touch Control the TV Box on unit: Yes, you can connect our TV Box to achieve this function
- Textbook: Could change font, font color, background color, bookmark, reading E-book while listening music
- Photo Viewer: Support JPS, BMP, PNG, GIF etc. format. play by revolve, Powerpoint Support 4096*4096 Pixels
- Wallpapers: 5 live wallpapers, 21 standard wallpapers, support DIY wallpaper from Gallery
- APK Installer: Support Android Package installer
- Support Torque Pro(OBD2&Car): Yes, you can connect a Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner Tool to use this function
- Support Mirror Link function: Yes, support screen mirroring from iphone and Android Smartphone
- WiFi/Hotspot/Bluetooth: Yes
- Brightness level adjustable: Yes
- Wallpaper: Wallpapers/Live Wallpapers/Gallery
- Sound: Key Tone & Volume
- Storage: Display Internal Storage/Nand Flash/Connected Device Storage
- Apps: Running Apps display/force stop/uninstall
- Security: Yes
- Accounts: Yes
- Languages and Input: more than 70 Languages and choose input method
- Backup and Reset: Yes
- Date and Time: Setting Date&Time by yourself or choose GPS/networt-provided time
- Accessibility: Yes
- GPS: Yes, GPS application options/monitoring/sound mode/mixing ratio
- Driving safety: Watching Video, Reversing X-mirror/Volume, Reversing Trajectory/radar Display, Rear view ruler
- Amplifier: Rock/Pop/Jazz/Classic/Flat/Voice/Custom
- Steering Wheel Control: Yes
- Factory Settings: Code 3368, choose Radio Band
- About Device: Display Parameter Info.
- AUX Video In: One
- Rear-View Camera Video In: One
- External Microphone In: One
- AUX Audio In: R/L
- DTV Box In: One
- DAB+ Box In: One
- Car DVR In: One
- Radio Antenna In: One
- GPS Antenna In: One
- Video Out: Two
- Audio Out: FR/FL/RR/RL
- Surround Stereo Out: 4 x50w
- Subwoofer Out: One
- 1*Power Cable with 17Pin Connector
- 1*Power Cable with 40Pin Connector
- 1*Special CanBus Decoder Box
- 1*RCA Cable
- 1*USB OTG Cable
- 1*Radio Antenna Adapter Cable
- 1*GPS Antenna
- 1*8GB TF Card
- 1*Install Fittings

So it's going back and I'm getting the latest double din unit and I'll make that fit, you can buy a facia adapter to fit one but I may make one...

It really did look daft having all the green lights and buttons and a red head unit... did my OCD no good at all...

So a word of warning if you're doing this swap... make sure the buttons change colour.... Thumbs Up Pete

Post #413767 15th Nov 2016 7:41pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Shocked That's a lot of typing when did you start Yesterday? Wink

That's a real pain that it only comes in red Evil or Very Mad So will you loose the steering wheel operation with the double din unit? and what size are you going for, 6.5" or 7" screen? Only from what I gather the 7" screen sticks out, as they have to raise the screen out of the case as it's too big. Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #413852 16th Nov 2016 12:16am
Haylands

No, don't think so, the canbus box is separate from the unit and I believe they all work the same way...

I haven't fully decided, they do two at the moment that use the latest Android, with or without a DVD player, I've never actually used mine in the last two years so may go with the bigger 7" screen and forget it... haven't decided yet...

7"

6 1/2" with DVD

Both have recessed screens, and you can change the button colours...... :thumbsup:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Pete

Post #413854 16th Nov 2016 12:48am
rnitto

United States 

Haylands. Did you ever install one of those 7" android units? Curious to see what it looks like with the din kit or your custom fitment.

Post #417223 9th Dec 2016 4:45am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 32 of 36 <123 ... 313233 343536>