Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Ultimate infotainment upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
BBS SPY

Cyprus 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

daveo,
Don't feel bad, you really are doing very well, and in truth, very few can ever hope to follow my pace and thirst for knowledge. I do tend to be a little bit out there Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

As i have said, it's just great for me to have a group 2 guy on board here at all.
You are deffo going the right way and i certainly appreciate your willingness to host any Ebay traffic i might need. That will come in handy for us both.

It really pees me off when EBAY folks are so dead against sending stuff abroad. Guess we have the Nigerian Black dollar scam to thank for that huh.

daveo, I dunno if you have ever heard of the Infamous D3 techno legend known as Wiggs, but from the first moment you posted to me, i strongly suspected that you may well have the potential to possibly become something of an FFRR version, Thumbs Up 2003 4.4 HSE

Last edited by BBS SPY on 12th Aug 2010 9:33am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #25314 12th Aug 2010 12:01am
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

"Out there"

Now there's an understatement if ever there was one. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Adrian (Wiggs) is another. Great guy, one of the best. He introduced me to the BBS products when doing a small mod on my D3 in exchange for some wheels. One only has to take a look at his Sankey based "camping trailer" to understand his fanaticism and for those who haven't see the thread, you need a large drink, about an hour and this link
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic47201.h...nkey%5C%22

Oh, whilst I think about it Colin, you have PM regarding OBD2 compatibility etc.

Dom

Post #25315 12th Aug 2010 12:11am
RRCanuck

Canada 2010 Range Rover Supercharged Supercharged Santorini Black

Cheers for that link Dom Thumbs Up Although it was closer to 2 hours and 3 beers Very Happy

mike.

Post #25316 12th Aug 2010 3:45am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

daveo wrote:
scarey, whats the cheap solution on the early l322's

i was led to believe its the £40 cable and navcoder... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #25326 12th Aug 2010 8:06am
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

BBS SPY wrote:
Even the 2009 Models still have an I-Bus in them scarey Whistle Whistle

Seats, steering wheel switches, PDC, Rain sensor, body control, Light control and most importantly the clock all remain as was.

so i could use the ibus cable/navcoder on mine then ... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #25327 12th Aug 2010 8:07am
BBS SPY

Errm, Yea Scarey. Shocked Shocked Shocked
sorry to be a while replying, i thought it might actually be a rhetorical question Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

If it's still got an I-Bus, albeit with fewer ECU's on, you can still use I-Bus interface hardware and software to access them.

BTW, i am still awaiting the arrival of my main parts consignment of four boxes totalling 22 KG's to continue this project, the tracking info tells me it spent 4 days shopping in Paris before being returned to stanstead Shocked

I did get my Logic 7 woofer with its Amp and a front door Bass speaker from the states. The woofer is quite some nice looking beast, and the speaker seemed fine, tested and measured out, although the Amp is not as it should be. I might yet be asking for your offered help Dom, but at the same time might be able to help you and anyone else avoid a possible potential future prob with your Logic 7 woofer amp which is what is after all its all about Thumbs Up 2003 4.4 HSE

Last edited by BBS SPY on 18th Aug 2010 7:18pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #25834 18th Aug 2010 7:03pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

just confirming ...i'm trying to get my head round what things i can do with the navcoder.. Smile ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #25837 18th Aug 2010 7:09pm
BBS SPY

Not used it myself Scarey, i do have some of the good Docs HW though, i really do like his style.
And i am a member (just an occasional reader though) of the "Hack the I-BUS" group.

Giving it a name, makes it sound posh, but in reality its really just 9600 baud serial data at TTL (5V) voltage levels and logic. It has a master to keep it all in sync and under control. We can easily and readily access this with our existing system hardware and i would like to do that and add any extra features possible over the I-BUS that you can't do over the regualr diagnostic access route using the Ipack as a gateway.
My only interest otherwise is for my later wheel controls conversion project.

Pre built hardware does not cost much, and Navcoder is readily availiable for trial so you dont have much to loose on trying it.

On another note, i am setting up a special little micro web site for this project to fully detail everything in one place such that everyone will be able to use it for any future reference.
It should be live soon. 2003 4.4 HSE

Post #25843 18th Aug 2010 7:30pm
BBS SPY

Hiyas All.

Well, I have been really really busy on this project and have ultimately figured out all the connectivity, so today i got the whole infotainment system wired up and connected on the bench. :dance:
Diagnostically, we can communicate with the respective modules, and in the morning we will use the MSV-2 to program it all up and hopefully get it working as a complete set. 2003 4.4 HSE

Post #26295 24th Aug 2010 8:17pm
mzplcg

That's really great news Colin. Ahem, pics please Wink

Do you have the part numbers for the looms etc, better still, a complete list of part numbers ?? Cheeky I know. Oh, got your email as well thanks. Just been rather busy acquiring myself a new job Smile If you would let your chap know I want the unit please.... Will be in France as of Friday for 8 days. Can paypal the money across though.

Anyway, what I have so far is:
YMW503292 - Telephone loom
YMW506920 - ICE/NAV Low Spec loom
YMW502891 - Fibre Optic.

So I'm guessing the ICE/NAV Low Spec needs replacing with another one for "High Spec". Then add the TMC and DVD modules for the NAV and a wee tickle with the MSV-2 should see it work. Not entirely sure how far the NAV loom will go though. I haven't had the seats out yet, only the boot area.

One thing which confuses me though. The ICE/NAV Low Spec loom. Although I have no Navigation I do have the HK Logic-7 which would be "High Spec" surely ??

As a by the by, would you happen to know what the green wires up the pillars are for in this pic?

Click image to enlarge

Keep well.

Dom

EDIT.
I also found out that the coax I thought was for the Nav is actually for the phone holder in the lid of the cubby box. Red connector in Pic 1.
The one for NAV is not there as you can see in Pic 2 which is of the underneath of the Shark-Fin on the roof.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #26299 24th Aug 2010 9:14pm
BBS SPY

Just a teaser shot someone asked for.
Thought you might like to see it all connected up on the bench

Click image to enlarge

You will have to wait for the Part Numbers until it is all sorted.

That green wire is for the surround sound speaker which is normally mounted on the cover you have removed.

Sadly the image is too low res, otherwise it has all the info in it i need to help you. Can you PM me the part numbers off all 4 of the wiring tags visible in that photo and while you are there gimme the PN off the back of your Amp as that sure does not look like a Logic 7 14 Speaker one to me which is odd as it looks like your loom is from the fact that you have the surround wires but your vehicle is listed as 11 Speaker with Sub woofer.

Also see the wrapped bit of loom going between the bracket and the amp, open it up as that bit is Velcro, count the wires 3 or 4 and let me know what you have. 2003 4.4 HSE

Post #26356 25th Aug 2010 11:55am
mzplcg

How cool is that !!! Cool Cool

You even have the rear seat entertainment. Nice. Trying to make out which unit is which. I can see the TMC, the Nav DVD, the CD changer, looks like another DVD unit, possibly a TV module as well? I'm wondering what the small grey box in front of the screen is (on top of the Cd changer)

Oh, you have PM.

Dom.

Post #26365 25th Aug 2010 1:37pm
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

nice one colin,, looks like you are having fun.. thats my kind of project..i would get such a buzz if that if that was on my table, i am of to the landrover show this weekend, may be you should make a list of bits you need and any ony one following your project may come across any parts. as i said i am of to the show if you want me to look out for any thing pm me with your mobile and i can text you if i find any thing
dave V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #26407 25th Aug 2010 9:16pm
BBS SPY

It looks nicer when it is all programmed up and all working to the degree you can even play DVD's through the rear screens on it. Whistle Whistle Whistle

Click image to enlarge

The little box is the Gateway ECU that i described earlier and is what makes it all possible.
The bit with E0 felted on it is a YIB500070 NAVI DVD computer with its GPS Fin antennea on top.

I am still on the lookout in particular for a couple of bits thanks Dave, although might get some news today and will let you know tonight. Thumbs Up 2003 4.4 HSE

Post #26452 26th Aug 2010 12:12pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Very neat!

Do the rear seat screens have a regular video input? Could they be used with a generic dvd player? 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #26465 26th Aug 2010 1:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>