Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > My L405 is terminal.......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I'll stick my neck out - I'm not convinced just yet - there have been a couple of potential examples from thousands of cars that have shipped.

Even if true that they are all the same issue - then it's still a fraction of 1 percent of cars - not something likely to be picked up in pre-production resting.

Post #391433 12th Jun 2016 9:22pm
Jonttt

United Kingdom 

wealy wrote:
Jonttt
What time and mileage did you get it serviced?

From memory so approx it was c15,000 miles and a couple of weeks under 12 months old.

I do about 3k miles per month and had taken it to c22k miles when the engine went a couple of months later. I could easily had left the service another month which would have been a few weeks over 12 months but on c17-18,000 miles, what would they have done then ? (ps I thought the service interval was 15,000 miles or 12 months but I could be wrong ?)

Post #391557 13th Jun 2016 11:49pm
wealy

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Luxor

It's 12 months or when the computer on the dash tells you which I believe maxes out at 16k so you were "under" (although close) on both measurements which I bet is very reassuring.

I'm very interested in this as my mates went at c 20k and they blamed lack of oil change at first as it was only 11 months old but had not been serviced.
They paid out after a lot of discussions but he never got to the bottom of it and his reason was the computer on the dash had not read service required?

I've read somewhere (might be on here) that the big end shell bearings have a design fault, as they don't have the little lugs to stop them spinning?
Anyone seen a set?

Post #391570 14th Jun 2016 7:41am
Jonttt

United Kingdom 

Yes there where no service reminders on the dash. On both counts I got the service done "early" but normally I drive around with a car telling me I'm overdue a service lol

Post #391650 14th Jun 2016 6:59pm
Jonttt

United Kingdom 

Update 2...... I'm starting to get pi55ed off Censored

I had not heard anything by last Friday lunchtime I've 1 week after I had been told they had been given approval to order the engine and that last Friday was a possibility but early this week more likely for my car to be returned. I at least expected an update on Friday.

So Friday afternoon I phoned the dealership and asked for the service manager. I was greated by a very pompous receptionist, you know the type that don't actually listen to what you are saying but just read a script.......

Me: Hello can I speak to the service manager please

Rec: No one is available just now

Me: No one ?

Rec: No one, can I take a message

Me: No I need to speak to someone please

Rec: What's it about ?

Me: My car Rolling Eyes

Rec: Do you want to leave a message ?

Me: Obviously not I have phoned up to speak to someone Rolling Eyes

Rec: What's it about ?

Me: My car Rolling Eyes There must be someone I can talk to

Rec: No one is available

Me: How do you know ?

Rec: Because if someone was available in service the call would not have some through to reception

Me: But I phoned reception, I don't know the service centre number

Rec: Do you want to leave at message ?

Me: Look my very expensive car has BLOWN UP. I want to speak to someone to find out when I will get it back please

Rec: You want a service update ?

Me: No I want to know when my car, the one with the BLOWN up engine is getting fixed

Rec: Name?

Me: Can I just speak to someone please ?

Rec: Do you want to leave a message and someone will get straight back to you

Me: tells her my name

Rec: Contact number

Me: can't your fancy phone system tell you that, the one which knows no one is in the service centre ?

Rec: Contact number

Me: I give her my contact number

Rec: Car registration

Me: the one with the blown up engine

Rec: Car registration

Me: I give her registration

Rec: Thank you, someone will phone you back with a service update

Me: This afternoon

Rec: Yes

Me: Thanks

You guessed it no phone call back Evil or Very Mad

So on the blower this morning and properly kicked off. I know how important customer service is to the franchises, they are judged in it by the manufacturers, BMW and Mercedes follow every contact up with a service questionnaire, I expect JLR are the same. I will bide my time. You simply cannot take a holier than though attitude with customers and then not fulfill, shocking.

Anyway, let's get past the service issue, what's the update on my car ?........ Another week at least. Aparently whilst pulling its heart out some technician spotted that there was also a problem with the turbo and it needs a new one Rolling Eyes ...... Yep back order of a week. There is no point putting the engine back in to have to take it out apparently. Funny how when I asked is the new engine actually in the car I was told yes, then two minutes later when I expressed my concern that my car was being used as a job filler and not being worked on as a priority I was assured this was not the case and the new engine was waiting to go in as soon as the new turbo arrives mmmmmmm always hard to lie and not catch yourself out Whistle

So I kicked off, out of principle at having to drive around in a hire car for another week at least. He asked what I was driving, Sport I replied, what do you normally drive ? Mmmmmmmm the car with the blown up engine your fixing ? Are you saying you don't know what it is ? Rolling Eyes Unbelievable

Anyway upshot is they are swapping over the hire sport for a FFRR tomorrow. I'll just have the hassle of setting it up so really should not have bothered I just figured if they mess me around I'll mess them around, Petty I know. The hire car will be getting picked up with no diesel in it and JLR can pick up the hire company charge for a tank of fuel in compensation.

So I'm on a short tether with them at the moment, with zero tolerance of any more hassle caused to me Evil or Very Mad

Post #392401 20th Jun 2016 8:18pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

I don't blame you for the zero-tolerance. VERY annoying.

Post #392444 21st Jun 2016 1:27am
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

Shocking

Post #392454 21st Jun 2016 7:20am
rar110

Australia 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

After paying them that much cash, I'd want a car that works. Not BS excuses or silence. Keep at them. Even if it's a waste of time. You should have got a FFRR from the start.

Keep us updated. ______________________________
Vogue tdv8 08MY poverty pack - wow

Post #392500 21st Jun 2016 11:14am
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Utterly appalling. No other words (without resorting to profanity) can summarise the godforsaken don't give a toss attitude that LR and most of their dealers are projecting recently. Isn't it amazing how short their memories are? I still recall the days when Disco 1 saved their sorry backsides.

Hope you get sorted out in short order. Perhaps once your ordeal is over you might consider writing to the media about it? There's nothing like some bad press to motivate change. Yes, right now LR are on the crest of a wave but it won't always be that way. These things are cyclical.

Good luck.

Post #392501 21st Jun 2016 11:22am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

If you have not already done so, you might consider involving LR Customer Relations either through the LRCR segment of this forum, PM to the current LR person monitoring that segment or by calling them direct 0870 5000 500. If the problem is with a lack of back order priority your dealer may even welcome your calling them - that was the case when my car needed a new gearbox under warranty.

Given the nature of the failure and the safety implications it is especially disappointing that LR are not bending over backwards to sort this for you. Where things are getting difficult I think it is always worth having a good written record, eg communication by email, letter etc and keeping calm and reasonable, however difficult that might be. It will be helpful in a court or arbitration situation and there is no point in taking it out on junior staff that cannot make any difference anyway. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #392515 21st Jun 2016 1:02pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

Normal LR service in my last 18 months experience. Very happy to supply you a new car but when it comes to looking after it they are just woeful. My local dealer's the same, the service level is what you expect when you've bought a Ford Fiesta off a back street dealer.
When will they understand that we are their current and future customers.

Post #392544 21st Jun 2016 6:50pm
Jonttt

United Kingdom 

Update 3.....

I had to rearrange my diary at short notice today so out of courtesy phoned the Landrover dealership to inform the service manager not to trouble themselves dropping off the replacement FFRR as it would be easier for me to visit the dealership than risk not being at my office. The Service manager was not available so left a message.

Now you may think you know where this is going Whistle ......but you would be wrong.......

He got my message Thumbs Up and phoned me Question ..... To explain they had messed up and the car that was available today was not a FFRR but a sport and so there was no point in swapping them over Evil or Very Mad .....

Now call me cynical but You would think the dealership WOULD KNOW WHAT CARS THEY HAVE Rolling with laughter

So another point for me to raise is why in the whole of the U.K. over a 2 week period JLR could not find a single FFRR for me to drive Question

Biding my time Whistle

But I think I'll phone the main JLR service centre to get an email address to raise a complaint I may even just point them to this thread to save having to repeat myself Laughing

Edit : on second thoughts I'll use a tactic that worked well for me once with BMW ie get the email addresses of both the dealership franchise principle and chief executive of JLR UK (they have to provide it on request). I'll point them both to this thread Mr. Green

Post #392551 21st Jun 2016 7:59pm
Paul J.

England 

Which dealership is it?

The only way to make them sit up and give a Censored is to name and shame!

Post #392561 21st Jun 2016 10:14pm
Jonttt

United Kingdom 

I could not possibly say Whistle

Anyone ever used http://www.farnell.nelson.landrover.co.uk/ Question

Post #392563 21st Jun 2016 10:32pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Oh dear! I am not surprised to be honest with a garage in the Farnell group as in my experience they operate in an extremely underhand way - misleading and bordering on dishonest in my experience and yes they do tell lies! I bought a Range Rover from Farnell Bradford several years ago (not my current vehicle) and will never ever deal with them again.

I should have made more of a fuss at the time and would now take matters further - but other matters were more important at the time ! 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #392702 22nd Jun 2016 9:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>