Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > My L405 is terminal.......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
Jonttt

United Kingdom 

Heard nothing this week........what odds will I get on the car not being ready for Friday as promised Question

Post #393729 29th Jun 2016 10:30pm
Jonttt

United Kingdom 

So did I get my car back as promised on Friday.......

No.....

Full story......

I had not heard anything by lunchtime Friday which was annoying given I had rearranged my diary to be near to the dealership and cleared the car the night before of baby seat etc....

So I phoned the dealership.......to be greeted by receptionist again who kept on repeating no one was available. I said I will hold and they refused insisting I leave a message. When I explained the situation and how annoyed I was and the last time I had left a message with them they could not be bothered to call me back they insisted they could only take a message......so I hung up......

And immediately phoned JLR customer service to complain......

Spoke to a very nice lady who said she would investigate and phone back...

She did.....

The parts had only arrived in today and the car should be ready for next Tuesday, WTF !

When I asked if it was reasonable customer service THAT NO ONE COULD BE AR $ED to tell me before the day I was supposed to be collecting it and rearranged my diary for .......... she said no it was not....

The icing on the cake was driving home that evening and got a call from JLR customer service asking to confirm I had picked up my car that day and everything was OK......WTF..... you could not make this up.....

When I explained what had happened that day they said they had been trying to get hold of the dealership for an update and had not been able to get an update ......... join the club !

When I asked why their system did not record what had happened earlier they confirmed no notes had been made....... shocking, simply shocking.

To be honest I've not experienced such a shambles in many years....

Post #394320 3rd Jul 2016 10:52pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Oh dear, poor hire car, another weekend of abuse, I suppose that will teach them..... Rolling Eyes Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #394433 4th Jul 2016 5:21pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Rolling with laughter That was my reaction too - that poor hire car Whistle

Post #394434 4th Jul 2016 5:29pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Same. As well as getting upset about the whole "service" situation when it isn't even my car. Still shocking. Almost worth starting a Facebook (or equivalent) page and update it daily with each failure or laughable response. Possibly sending them a link to each shameful and public failure help.

Post #394535 5th Jul 2016 1:37am
dolph34

Ireland 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

FB page could included photos of the Sport as it declines in value from day to day

Hope he puts up the Hire cars reg in case anyone on here is tempted by a ' bargain ' in the future 2015 4.4 AB
GSXR 1000 K5
R1 1998

Post #394565 5th Jul 2016 11:44am
Jonttt

United Kingdom 

Well a small update and perhaps not unexpected.....

I had asked for an update yesturday (Monday) that my car was indeed ready for collection today.... well its now 12.45 on Tuesday and I've not heard anything from anyone........ apart from a bizarre text message on my mobile phone number from a mobile number I don't recognise, with no introduction simply requesting I text back with the hire car registration and current mileage Rolling Eyes ..... I was tempted to text back to imply I've done 10,000 miles in the car in the last 4+ weeks I've now had it but that would be childish, so I gave it the same consideration that they seem to give to my requests....... I ignored it completely Thumbs Up

So I've just left a message with the lady at JLR who dealt with this on Friday politing asking her WHY SHE HAD NOT BOTHERED UPDATING ME YESTURDAY as she promised she would do Censored

I'm due to go on holiday soon so it looks more and more likely the car will be sat on an airport car park for a couple of weeks incurring hire charges. I usually us secure parking at a premium but think I will go for the cheapest valet parking I can find and it will end up in some muddy field somewhere full of bird sh!t Laughing

ps I had to leave the car overnight at a mates house over the weekend. When he said I had better move the car as no one parks under "that tree" due to all the tree sap that covers a car and is virtually impossible to remove I ......... left it where it was, yep it is now covered in tree sap, struggling to get it off the windscreen though Rolling with laughter

It is now fondly known as "that poor rangy"

Anyway I've now told virtually everyone I know how sh!t range rover are and definately stopped one mate from ordering a discovery sport for his wife, he is getting a Lexus instead, now they know how to look after a customer for life Cool

Post #394572 5th Jul 2016 12:51pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

It beggars belief that this is a "quirk" of Land Rover ownership, i.e. shyte service. I think we should hold a vote for Ranexit, once they know we're serious, things must change !! Mr. Green Whistle Yawn

Post #394591 5th Jul 2016 1:41pm
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

JLR have demand for their product. They don't care. Why should they? We keep buying. More fool us.

Post #394624 5th Jul 2016 4:31pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

The issue isn't particularly with JLR - it's the dealer who doesn't seem to give a Censored about customer service.

Post #394625 5th Jul 2016 4:38pm
362bkr

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

+1 Thumbs Up

Post #394626 5th Jul 2016 4:53pm
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

Agreed but it still reflects back on JLR. And JLR haven't, by the sounds of things, covered themselves in glory here either.

Post #394635 5th Jul 2016 5:14pm
wealy

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Luxor

I've had two Lexus's in the past and their customer service was beyond belief! I wouldn't go near a Lexus or Toyota again.
My experience with land rover is very good.
I had a BMW and that wasn't much better.
I think they are all pretty much the same.

Post #394688 5th Jul 2016 10:04pm
DrF

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

I have to say i have had exemplary service from JLR on the few occasions i have dealt with them, Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Dealers are a different kettle of fish... As with all these things the dealer is the front line and therefore they should be on their best behaviour and wanting to do their best.

Post #394719 6th Jul 2016 12:33am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Hmm, might the problem be that there are not enough 3.0 engines to cover all the repairs required and demand from the production line (RR, RRS, Discovery) rather than the dealer? Presumably if there are lots of failures then Ford need to be looking at curing the problem rather than just keep churning out more of the same and that may introduce further delay. Maybe LRCR can clarify where the problem lies.

It is hard to see what more you can do, assuming the car was bought sufficiently long ago that you can only claim on the warranty rather than return it and get your money back (subject to a deduction for the use you have had). Might the warranty terms give you additional rights if the repair cannot be done within a certain time?

Good luck. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #394772 6th Jul 2016 2:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>