Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > About To Reject. Questions?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
w8pmc

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey
About To Reject. Questions?

So i'm now 100% not in love with my car & have become sick & tired of every time i drive it, something or several features not working. Most are relative to the InControl Touch Pro Infotainment, but after my initial issues from new of the system completely shutting down whilst on the move, the car went in for a Major Software update (6 weeks ago) & that particular issue hadn't occurred again until last week & has now happened again this week, however others have & the list is now getting long.

The list includes slow startup of the Infotainment (sometimes close to 3 mins), phone connectivity dropping during calls (phone to car not signal strength), various media issues either not working, not displaying, not controlling or a new one this week of the playback quality degrading to a point it was unfathomable, best described as listening to an old wireless with massive interference, however this affected every media type (Radio, Media Library, CD & Spotify etc.). Made worse as this was during a 4hr drive so had to spend 2 hours with no music & a couple of stop/starts didn't fix it. Sat Nav acting in peculiar ways such as sometimes not displaying POI's, speed cameras shown on the display & in the correct direction of travel not being alerted all the time, motorway exit instructions being displayed over 10 miles away from the exit (should be as approaching), thus rendering the centre dash display unusable for periods of time, an annoying rattle coming from one of the front door speakers (this would likely be fixed with a replacement speaker grille) & wind noise form the Pano Roof (not horrific but enough to disrupt the otherwise peaceful ambiance in the car & lastly (that i can remember for now), the massage seats don't as instructed auto switch on every 30mins as i've set them up to.

Now half of me thinks i should give the dealer another go at fixing all the above, however since the alleged update a few weeks ago i've not contacted them as each of the above in its own right is hardly a reason to kick off or reject a car & i'd be calling them every day to report one or more of the above occurring, however what's really grating on me is all these intermittent faults have removed any enjoyment i get from driving the car as each journey is a 'what won't work today' event & as such i now have a very expensive but mediocre mode of transport.

The car is just over 3 months old & has covered 4k miles, none of which have been without something not working.

Reading other issues & namely the Infotainment System Stalling thread in which Steve's suffering with the Infotainment crashing & has rejected his car, it got me thinking whether i should just do the same? I can't be calling into the dealer every time one of these many issues occurs (i have captured a couple on video/photo though) so am sorely tempted to just drive over, hand the keys back & demand the car to be rejected & get a refund. I don't think i've ever been this Censored ed off with a car i've owned & especially when it's the most expensive car i've ever bought. Paul

MY17 TDV6 Autobiography In Carpathian Grey With Cirrus Interior

Post #441665 16th Jun 2017 9:37am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I'd document everything - talk to LR Customer Relations & the dealer and tell them what you want - which sounds like a loan car until everything is completely resolved - and if they can't resolve everything, you want them to take the car back & refund you.

I don't think it's reasonable to ask for a refund if you haven't told them about the faults or given them a chance to fix.

Sounds like things have been slowly winding you up, but the dealer maybe completely unaware ?

Post #441668 16th Jun 2017 10:17am
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Agree with Alistair, but this is really shocking on a car like this so good luck.

Post #441672 16th Jun 2017 10:37am
w8pmc

They were aware of the faults & did make an attempt to resolve with the Major Software Update 6 or so weeks ago. What i haven't done is keep in contact with a running commentary of each individual issue as they crop up, reason being on their own each is hardly a deal breaker, but collectively & over time it's made the vehicle undesirable.

The other point is none of the issues on their own or together make the car underivable so it's unlikely to break down as nothing's mechanical. It's more that if it's a known as per the Infotainment System Stalling thread that an issue exists & a fix is currently being developed, however this could be 1-3 months off, that means i've only more misery & frustration to look forward to as the symptoms are exactly the same.

I may drop LR Customer Relations a call first, as i've hardly any confidence in my local dealer & can see myself being fobbed off with a million different small fixes & the hassle of a 60 mile round trip many times to get the numerous niggles ironed out & thousands of BS excuses.

I'm in the totally disillusioned phase where nothing about the vehicle or brand inspires me & i had such high hopes. Imagine nailing a date with a stunning young lady, only to reach the bedroom to find out she had something dangling between her legs? (please note this to date has never actually happened to me). Paul

Post #441675 16th Jun 2017 11:00am
Alistair

I think you need it all documented - each issue & whether they are random type things or can be easily recreated.

It's incredibly difficult to resolve a problem that you can't recreate at will.

But once done, you can make a decent case to them - as you describe - that the basket of minor faults add up to something meaningful.

They will also have a check list to work against in terms of resolving everything.

Post #441677 16th Jun 2017 11:39am
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

lol i don't believe you about that date though. Laughing

Post #441679 16th Jun 2017 12:21pm
w8pmc

Spoken to LR Customer Relations (who i'm quite impressed with), however my car is showing on their system as belonging to someone down in Hampshire, so that took some time to resolve.

Was told to contact Hunters & get them to look into it further, so i called them & was told their diagnostic machine is booked up until the 2nd August so that's the earliest i can go there. Cust Rel called Williams in Manchester & they can fit me in on the 3rd July but with no courtesy car so i'd have to wait possibly all day in the showroom or book it in for the end of July.

I'm going to call a couple of other dealers to see if i can get the car booked in any earlier, but i'm not prepared to wait 6 weeks to move forward. Doesn't instil me with confidence that the LR Service Depts. are this busy, especially the Diagnostic machine being booked up for 6 weeks.

The issues can't be replicated as every journey throws up something, but it could be anything. This week i had 2 new ones i've never seen before, that being the Audio failing in a very strange way & the Sat Nav motorway exit issue, neither of these have happened before. Paul

Post #441683 16th Jun 2017 1:04pm
Alistair

Williams aren't too far south of the city - why not go there and spend the day in Manchester ?

Might also carry some weight that LR made the enquiry for you.....

It could all be down to a dodgy connector or something like that.

Post #441684 16th Jun 2017 1:13pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Hmm. Eight days after I bought my car it needed a new gearbox. I was told there were none available and they were on "back order" with no indication of when one would appear. I emailed the dealer, citing the relevant sections of the Sale of Goods Act (as applied then, Consumer Rights Act now) and told them I would reject the car if it was not fixed within a reasonable time. After a conversation with LRCR, which was encouraged by the helpful and supportive dealer, a gearbox appeared by the end of the week and the dealer fitted it immediately.

I find it hard to believe that they cannot find a diagnostic slot sooner, eg why can't the workshop at the supplying dealer stay open for another hour one night or whatever, or indeed if you could travel a bit further surely someone could help you. OK, it is not safety critical and the car is not off the road as was the case with me, but I would regard the response to date as unacceptable. They may be taking the view that the problem is not serious enough to give you the right to reject. I'm not sure about that, but the emphasis LR's marketing and product information puts on the electronics suggests it is a significant part of what the high price of the product is for, and the failed attempts to fix it in the past should presumably also be factors in favour of a right to reject.

Good luck. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #441690 16th Jun 2017 2:46pm
w8pmc

Simply Alistair, why should i waste a full day of my time or organise my schedule to accommodate a car that was failing from day 1, supposedly fixed 6 weeks later but is still failing & with new issues?

I will have a ring round on Monday & see if i can get booked in somewhere else sooner as i'm prepared to let the Dealer network have a second chance, but if not acceptable &/or it's not 100% resolved on the 2nd attempt then the car's doing back.

I'm sure cars have been rejected for much less as although individually my cars failings are hardly dangerous or damaging, they do render some of the cars features unusable & more so i've lost all confidence in the car working as it should & in the LR brand full stop given how many are failing. Paul

Post #441694 16th Jun 2017 4:45pm
Alistair

Fair enough - I'm far from an expert on the law surrounding this, but are you up against the clock in terms of rejecting it ?

I think you need everything down on paper - the more detail you have the better - but starting now with a complete list of all the issues that whoever tackles it has to confirm are all fixed.

You might also need to let the supplying dealer try to fix it themselves if you want a refund - after all, I assume it will them that will be taking the financial hit ?

Post #441695 16th Jun 2017 4:53pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Diagnostic machine being booked up for 6 weeks

not heard that one before, and generally most dealers have more than one.... You can paypal direct using - www.paypal.me/duckworthparts
Please supply your full name address when sending a paypal payment.
https://www.facebook.com/duckworthparts
www.duckworthparts.co.uk
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: robin.hall@duckworth.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Post #441696 16th Jun 2017 5:18pm
w8pmc

Alistair, the cut off is 6 months so mine's at 3 1/2 mths now which is why a further 6 week delay & then any BS surrounding that, puts me very close to the legal limit.

The supplying dealer attempted a fix 6 weeks ago which involved a Major Software Update, this solved nothing, although i initially thought it had as the full system freeze didn't return until 2 weeks ago, however the collection of small faults has not only not been rectified, but new ones have since started.

Good point on noting everything down & i do have video & photographic evidence of a couple of the faults this week.

As above, i'll call round a couple of the most local dealers on Monday to see if any of them can fit me in sooner. Paul

Post #441698 16th Jun 2017 5:47pm
Alistair

Got to be worth a few hundred quid with a solicitor if you really plan to reject it.

I thought there was also something like 2 attempts to fix the same problem ?

You don't want to make things worse if another dealership starts working on it..... I know they can all do warranty stuff, but I'd tread carefully on the rejection.

I'd be sending the dealer principal a letter outlining the history - and giving them the opportunity to resolve in a given timeframe or you will be formally rejecting. I would have thought the earlier you stake your claim to reject, the better.

Post #441701 16th Jun 2017 5:54pm
Alistair

Just a thought - if you have legal cover on your insurance, they usually offer some kind of free advice.

Post #441702 16th Jun 2017 5:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>