Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > 2018 PHEV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 12 <123 ... 678 ... 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
adamfawsitt

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Hmmm, my 8 day old PHEV not showing much glory:

1. 11.08.18 when stopping to fuel and exit the vehicle error message “access height has timed out” then PDC alert sounded and wouldn’t stop. Turned off the car, locked the car and tried pressing the parking sensor button on the top screen too. Eventually sounding stopped 40 minutes later.
2. 13.08.18 electric drivetrain stopped worked completely following a 7 mile EV only journey and being stopped for 8 minutes (with car left on and me in the drivers seat). When I departed with my pssnegers there was no electric drive assistance, it was engine only. Despite re-initiating EV mode twice via the button the problem persisted. The only way to resolve was to turn off and turn back on the ignition.
3. 18.08.18 11:54 went into reverse and no reversing camera view came up. Then pressed the camera icon several times on the car with no response. Worth noting that this car has the option for surround cameras.
4. 18.08.18 car has 74% charge but will not engage electric only drive while in Reading. Engine continues to run whilst car is stationary in traffic. A reboot (turn car off and on) resolves the issue.
5. General comment that there is significant lag when pulling out of junctions and the battery charge state is low.

Post #486630 20th Aug 2018 7:57am
Gt3gooner

United Kingdom 

Looks like we have similar issues, bizarrely in Reading!! Mine has now been with Lancaster LR in Reading for a week following the troubles experienced last week as per my previous post. Was due back today after an update from them suggested nothing found other than lots of comms error messages. They were also doing some recall work (left hand steering wheel buttons inc) but then declared vehicle not ready. I suspect issues found when road testing. Due an update tomorrow. If no progress then onto LR assistance who can take back the disco sport loaner and provide something more suitable.

Post #486680 20th Aug 2018 8:58pm
Amazing

Land rover are still in a world of Guy Martins and Fred Dibnahs when the world has moved on to Steve Jobs' and Fabrice Bellards.

Over 7 years ago I bought a D4, rear camera fail, gps freeze..fast forward today..same problems on new models. How they maintain their ISO standards cert is unbelievable as it requires a closed loop quality management...something clearly lacking if after almost a decade customers still get the same problems

How embarrassing for them it is better to have and not need then need and not have

Post #486696 21st Aug 2018 4:51am
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

I find the quality control (or, perhaps, just plain functionality) issues fascinating - the electrical and electronic systems and components come from the same global marketplace and third-party suppliers which every other manufacturer selects from, but something goes awry - is it scrimping on hardware specification (is that even worth the savings on processors, memory etc?), or is the software just poorly-written and poorly-tested?

When you’re introducing entirely new systems like, say, hybrid drivetrains - or even something more simple like the dual screen interface (which is coming from a third party supplier- it’s not even like you have to develop it from scratch), how is it possible for things to go so wrong? Do they pay their software and systems people half as much as everyone else, or what? Just not bother to finish the testing programmes?

Post #486723 21st Aug 2018 11:31am
CUE99T

Scotland 

I think they need better developers!!!!

I think I'll cancel my PHEV!! I really wanted to buy it, but it just seems a mess!!

The bit I don't understand is, I had an Outlander PHEV for 2 years, and not a single problem other than when a charger shorted it and within an hours the truck took it away to be "reset" at dealer. For a car less than half the price, I don't understand how they get it all working but JLR can't.

Hope you guys get sorted quickly. all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #486899 23rd Aug 2018 10:55am
CSK

France 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

I think with JLR you need to keep it simple. Stick to the Supercharged petrol, all in all it won't be much less economical than the PHEV and way more reliable.

Post #486924 23rd Aug 2018 4:00pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Thumbs Up Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #486938 23rd Aug 2018 6:08pm
DrF

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

Couldn't agree more.

Long live the supercharged Thumbs Up

Post #486956 23rd Aug 2018 8:49pm
Gt3gooner

United Kingdom 

It’s not just about the running cost guys. Wake up and smell the BiK coffee!! JLR have the right idea, but can’t execute at the moment. Massive opportunity to sway exec company car drivers who can get into a range as cheap as a diesel 5 series. But it’s got to work. £95k down (in theory) 3 weeks on the road followed by 2 week’s and counting at the dealers awaiting a sparky to sort out the hybrid failure. Not good enough.

Post #486961 23rd Aug 2018 9:37pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

Gt3gooner.....you are so right......but that unreliability is the bit I really don't want to face. As you say 95k is a shed load of cash for such an experience.......I'm totally gutted for you as not only is it costing you hassle, it's taking the shine of a nice new car.

My missus would have a field day with it.......knowing I know the car has possible issues.....I'd never hear the end of it!!

The problem is they have is people talk.....and if I tell ten, then they tell ten.....before you know it, it's a laughing stock and impacts the brand.

I must admit I'm only now really considering a 3.0D so in that case see no point in selling.

I'd love a SC but when it comes to it, I think I'd just resent the fuel costs!! all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #486987 24th Aug 2018 10:29am
CSK

Fuel cost is quite reasonable, I managed 23 MPG (around 12.5 l/100 km) on a long trip.

Post #487128 25th Aug 2018 5:24pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I’m so glad I went for the SVA-D after 7 years of diesel Range Rovers.

The economy isn’t terrible if you’re being sensible - around 23/24mpg.

And...I doubt this engine will be around long!

Post #487166 26th Aug 2018 8:09am
CSK

How is the AB Dynamic comfortwise compared to the standard Supercharged? Do you loose on comfort what you gain in dynamics (I think that was the case with the first iteration of the Dynamics model (pre-2018)?
Or do you reckon you don't loose on comfort at all?
Is the noise better (different exhaust?) and do you feel the difference with a standard Supercharged?
And finally, did you encounter any reliability issues (electronics, screens, rear camera like other well-known 2018 model issues).

Post #487172 26th Aug 2018 9:59am
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Sorry to read all the woes with FFRR PHEV’s here. This year I decided not to renew my SDv6 HSE Dynamic RRS with the PHEV version as it was taking way too long to come to market and then there were quality issues but the price was like WOW so much. I couldn’t bring myself to buy an ugly Mitsubishi PHEV or a Prius so I had a 4 day test drive in a MiNi Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV and was really impressed. Having owned Land Rover products for the last 25 years it was a hard decision not to be buying another new one but in November 2017 I placed an order for a £32,000 Mini Countryman. It was a prolonged build wait, there was a Price increase, there was a re-evaluation of the emissions from the 1.5lt Turbo triple cylinder petrol engine that meant that the VED rose from £10 pa to £140 and then there was a spec change followed by a glitch in BMW’s ordering system where they wiped out all the placed orders S the option pack codes changed, delivery went from March to April to May to end of June and in early June I was in the dealership doing some paperwork when a transporter pulled up outside the showroom and the sales man said “ oh look there is a similar spec car to yours, I don’t recall there being another one on order, let’s go and look” IT was my car delivered 24 days earlier than predicted at the last forecast! Then came the biggest surprise - because the emissions had been re-rated and the price of mine including all the options had leapt to over £40,000 BMW held the contracted price and paid the Luxury Car Tax for the first 5 years too. It is no Range Rover or RRS but it Is almost impossible to tell when the little petrol engine is driving the front wheels as there is no rev counter, it is sooooo quiet and smooth - I was expecting a 3 cylinder engine to be a bit shakey like a diesel. The car starts in EV mode by default and has a claimed 26 miles EV Range (more like 18 in real life driving) and the change over EV to polluter is seemless and smooth. I haven’t Had any reason whatsoever to return to the dealership as everything is so well put together and just works. I do have one niggle though with the tech.......... and I believe the Land Rover PHEV’s have the same issue - why when the car is in EV mode does it continue to calculate MPG, surely in this day and age of sophisticated electronics an MPG computer can be made to detect when the car is running in EV mode and stop calculating MPG and switch to kWhr/km or whatever and then back when the petrol engine cuts back in. It mystifies me. According to the trip computer my 1.5ltr triple claims it is doing 201mpg......... in reality I have used it in EV mode for more than 90% of my motoring and filled its tiny 35 litre petrol tank twice now, but in real life motoring I get around 30mpg at 70-80mph on the M9 driving to Edinburgh and arrive with a fully charged HV battery to drive into town in EV mode. I charge at home from my solar array on the FIT or in off peak for peanuts. I’m delighted with the car and so far it has saved me a fortune over running the RRS. What really amazes me is how good the ride is, easily up to air-spring riding RRS in Dynamic mode and I haven’t had such an accelerative car since I owned a TVR in the early 1980’s! The Countryman PHEV is the fastest Mini of them all as it uses both
Power sources when you welly it, btterybdriving the rear wheels and the petrol engine the front wheels. Despite what MINI claims through it isn’t a proper 4WD system - only some wires connect the front and rear axles not a drive shaft, but the system works well as I have tried it on a wet and muddy forest track without spinning any wheels. It also fully charges in 3 hours on 13amp plug in my garage, no special charger is needed and the charging system will regulate public charger down to the car’s maximum charging rate to avoid battery damage.
If I still want a Land Rover injection I have my 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 cSW to play in which coincidentally the last MOT had lower emissions than the DPF equipped SDv6 Sport I ditched when the Mini was delivered.......... but because it is a 1996 car I cannot get into any LEZ in it! 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #489421 20th Sep 2018 5:50pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Tim’s got 15000 posts on the rrsport forum and it feels like 14999 of them have been about his wee plug-in shopping cart! Rolling with laughter

Post #489509 21st Sep 2018 8:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 12 <123 ... 678 ... 101112>