Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Air suspension fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Bogi 6357

United Kingdom 

D3Jon wrote:
OK, so the rods arent broken. Have a wiggle of the connectors - that might help.

If you have diagnostic equipment, check the voltage output from the height sensors. If you don't then I'd recommend looking at replacing the nearside front (NSF) sensor first.

Jon

Cheers Jon , predictably Royal Mail didn’t deliver my sensors 😂 so rescheduled for Monday , I jacked the vehicle up on drivers side a touch and the suspension raised to standard height , I removed the jack and Put it upto off road height , all ok suspension held no hissing or leaks I could hear , then put it down to standard then to access and it went back to bump stops
And suspension fault message when trying to raise and crazy wheel position on the screen for near side front , I did try wiggling all the connectors etc wires etc , hopefully will be as simple as swapping over the new sensors
Thank you for the input
Ian

Post #647452 5th Nov 2022 10:44pm
Bogi 6357

United Kingdom 

Little bit of an update

I Swapped over both Front height sensors
Didn’t disconnect battery (probably should have )
Tried to raise suspension still saying that the Nearside front is in ridiculous position .
Code reader isn’t hear until tomorrow,

Click image to enlarge

so tried a hard reset by disconnecting battery and touching bty pos cable and bty neg cable together , but no joy still registering OSF Wheel position way off , still sitting on bump stops
Will try and reset with reader tomorrow and if not will investigate the outputs on the sensor wiring on osf
Thanks for the assistance guys much appreciated , also I broke both clips on both sensor harnesses so need new clips to hold in permanently not sure if they can be ordered separately, got them off ok but new height sensors seem to be slightly different ,bottoming out before the clip would latch over the housing , ohh well all good fun 🤩

Post #647773 9th Nov 2022 6:17pm
Bogi 6357

United Kingdom 

Another update 😂
After replacing both front height sensors

Reader arrived cleared fault codes
Input height values 390mm for both front
Input height values 370mm for both rears
However suspension still won’t raise from bump stops ,
Message is vehicle raising slowly but doesn’t , however I can hear a clicking from drivers side front that sounds like a valve solenoid or something , will have a search on here see if I can find any similar noise relating to a fault
Cheers
Ian

Post #647861 10th Nov 2022 10:37pm
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

If the same as mine, a 2006 Td6, behind the offside wheel arch liner, you will find the solenoid valve block that feeds air to both front airbags. Another point is, after mine has sat for months without being used, I often have some trouble when charging the battery and starting the car, the suspension will not operate properly, carry out the steering wheel lock to lock check a couple of times to reset the wheel angle sensors and this seems to help. Don't ask me why Whistle

It may well be worth getting to the valve solenoid valve block and loosening the air input to the valve block from the air reservoir to see if you actually have enough air to raise the car. At the same time disconnect each output line to determine if air is being supplied to the bags. It does sound like you may well have a wiring issue as the sensor change has not done anything.

If you carry out the above, make sure the car is well supported and take great care - Be safe.

Post #647863 10th Nov 2022 11:37pm
Bogi 6357

United Kingdom 

Thanks Merchy
I will try the steering angle sensor reset ,
After changing both front sensors the screen is showing wheel positions normal not with them wildly out
As before ,But won’t raise and message is vehicle raising slowly , and I can hear a click/ tick every 3-4 seconds
Il try and locate the valve block , I’ve got decent jack and axle stands and safety specs so I will make sure I’m safe
Cheers Ian

Post #647867 11th Nov 2022 12:13am
Bogi 6357

United Kingdom 
Air Suspension Fault Fixed

Got to the bottom of it , was a leak in drivers side air bag
Replaced strut and bag all back to normal

Thanks for the assistance

Post #648630 20th Nov 2022 3:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12