Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > 04 Vogue no Audio.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Saltyfish

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue
04 Vogue no Audio.

i am a new L322 owner,i noticed my audio was only from the front door speakers so i decided to investigate. I removed the plugs from the DSP to find 2 pins in the smallest black socket were broke,i reconected after repairing the pins but still no sound or the DSP option on the screen (it was there before).
Everything else appears to work Radio, CD, telephone, Sat nav but all with no audio.
Any advice would be great no sound is killing me!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post #128639 30th Jun 2012 5:49pm
nicedayforit

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

If you have no DSP indication on the screen you get no sound. Been there Very Happy
Although you have repaired the pins on the DSP unit did you also look at the condition of the plug connections, the individual connections may have significant corrosion. You need to take the plug to bits and clean each of the pin sockets individually.
Also look at the other plugs and carry out a similar excercise.

One thing you can do before under-taking the above is to dis-connect the car battery +ve terminal and leave for a few minutes and then reconnect.
You might be lucky.

The problems you are experiencing are caused by water leaking into the boot and dripping on the DSP etc. Usually cured by a new rear upper doorseal.
If you do get the sound back it's worth doing the same cleaning excercise with all the other plugs and socket pins.

The other reason for partial sound is failure of the output channels in the BM54 radio tuner. Common problem.

Do a search on here for solutions.

Post #128650 30th Jun 2012 6:42pm
STEVE57

England 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Cairns Blue

HI
YOU NEED ANOTHER BM54 radio tuner
to cure the problem 2007 supercharged ,Cairns Blue with Navy & Parchment Interior

Post #128663 30th Jun 2012 8:52pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

The power amps for the hi-fi are in the BM54 radio module. Most of the docs refer to the DSP and an amp, but I don't believe that to be technically true. It is just a sound processor, dealing with line level signals.

The BM54 units are known for having sound channel failures and such like, and there is a chap on here called Baris who offers an upgrade and repair service.

I have had mine upgraded and the sound is much much better. Mine wasn't faulty, but if it was, the upgrade would have fixed that too.

I'd give the guy a call, and have a chat about your problem. He knows the BM54 units inside out and may help you diagnose once and for all.

Baris's details are in this thread, about the upgrade ;

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic10342....mp+upgrade

If you have no sound, or no DSP on the screen, then obviously you still have a DSP connector issue, but when you have it on screen as an option, and just a speaker or 2 is down, I'd bet on a BM54 fault.

Hope this helps
Mark 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #128701 1st Jul 2012 8:45am
Saltyfish

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue

OK so i had the BM54 unit repaired and still no sound or DSP option,ive checked and cleaned all connections. Is there any way off bypassing the DSP so i can hace sound???
Does anyone no what wires do what??

Regards

Tim.

Post #130584 11th Jul 2012 8:38pm
knube1

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
DSP Amp

Just had a similar problem, everything operated correctly but no DSP on the menu, strip out DSP unit and the bottom terminals were covered in white powder, tried cleaning but still no audio, replaced DSP £299.00 for new unit then had it coded and all is back to normal.

Post #130727 12th Jul 2012 4:58pm
KARMANN

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

I had a similar problem, replaced dsp and bm54 still no sound. Took it to local dealership they tried reseting it and it worked. Although it took a few goes at reseting it for it to work. They checked wiring etc etc. the original dsp also had water damage.

Fraser

Post #132774 24th Jul 2012 11:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1