Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > timed climate not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
BOBCUSSEN

France 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black
timed climate not working

hi folks, just thought i would mention another annoying fault with my NOV 2004 VOGUE. TD6

the climate control system does not seem to work. i bought the car mid 2011 and dident even know it had such a system until i was looking in the manual earlier this year Embarassed Embarassed . the timer function comes on the screen and i am able to set it etc, and when i press the ok button the light starts to flash showing it is in timer mode ( this is when my screen was working, which is not at the mo, which is another post elsewhere )

anyway i live in france and took it to a dealer here and after a day they announced that it was not working Censored Censored Censored and simply told me it needed to be renewed completly. when i asked them to clarify what exactly was the problem,? as i could not imagine that every component of such a large bit of kit could possibly be ALL knackered Question Question Question Question they just said they did not know what was the problem and that it was best to fit a new one Bow down Yawn

perhaps it is something simple like a glow plug? assuming it has one, or something like that, so does anyone know what i should check first before going to the next stage..

bob

Post #153902 27th Nov 2012 7:56pm
Contraband

Scotland 

I take it you are talking about the FBH, fuel burning heater. I would wait until you get the screen etc fault sorted first, then investigate. I would not think for one minute that it all needs replaced.
I posted on your other post about your other problem and a quick bypass fix. Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #153905 27th Nov 2012 8:11pm
BOBCUSSEN

hi contraband, thanks for the reply. i will have a look at your othe reply. with regard to this other problem it is not really something i am too concerned over but it would be nice to know everything is working ok on the car should i ever want to us it.

yes i agree, im sure it is something within the system which is not working, not the whole bloody thing. especially as it takes up half the space under the bonnet Big Cry Shocked

the trouble with france is that they seem to think just because your driving around in a range rover, ( which cost a bomb over here ) ( bought mine from uk ), they seem to think the easy way is just buy a new bit regardless of its cost Crying or Very sad .

anyway as you say, i will get the other bit sorted first (hopefully) and get back to this one after that.

thanks again

bob

Post #153909 27th Nov 2012 8:20pm
BOBCUSSEN

hi again contraband, just looked at your other reply and is very interesting but i have a question, which i hope is not a stupid one. you mention that you took the optics out of the blue connector and put them in a straw to keep them straight. am i assuming that the blue connetor now has no wires inside it and is not put back into the unit.?

also i have the denso system and i think i have a nokia module in the rear quarter? is this the bt module or something different for the cradle perhaps??..

bob

Post #153913 27th Nov 2012 8:43pm
Contraband

Scotland 

Nokia is the Bluetooth module. There are 2 fibre optic cables go into each unit, an input and an output. If you take the connector out of the Nokia, then take both cables out of the connector (they are held in with a little clip). If you line up the ends perfectly the signal goes out of one cable and into the next, simulating passing through the Nokia. This bypasses the Nokia and if that was the only fault, the system will come back to life!
I put the fibre cable ends in a straw and taped a piece of metal to it to keep it straight.
Good luck Thumbs Up Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #153921 27th Nov 2012 9:05pm
BOBCUSSEN

hi contraband , ok i think i get what your saying Embarassed when you put them into the straw, i assume you mean that you put one set in one end of the straw and the other set in the other end of the straw so thay they are pointing at each other Question is that correct

bob

Post #153969 27th Nov 2012 11:04pm
Contraband

Scotland 

Thumbs Up Make sure they are touching and no light escapes. Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #153970 27th Nov 2012 11:05pm
BOBCUSSEN

Thumbs Up i will try it Idea

Post #153972 27th Nov 2012 11:06pm
BOBCUSSEN

i looked on the wiki link and it has a decription of the denso system and on the pic of the screen, it shows that there is a light in the top right corner of the unit above the buttons? is that supposed to glow as i cant see anything shining out of it and cant remember if it ever did actually light up?

Post #153976 27th Nov 2012 11:09pm
BOBCUSSEN

hi contraband, my gps ,screen etc etc has just all come back on out the blue on its own, so any ideas or tests you can suggest to find out whats happening with the FBH. as mentioned before i can set the timer etc and that part seems to work and the light goes into its flashing mode to show its in the timing mode but nothing else happens after that. ie when the time is reached for it to start, nothing happens.

what exactly is under the lid of the big black box under the bonnet on the drivers side? is there anything i can check in there?? and where is the actual heater situated? i assume it has a glow plug of some sort fitted? perhaps this is not working.

bob

Post #156198 8th Dec 2012 10:45pm
Contraband

Scotland 

Wow... Question overload.. Thumbs Up The FBH is underneath the battery. Can you hear the pump ticking from the back of the car? It supplies fuel to the FBH. There are so many posts about FBH's not working. Lots of people are having problems with theirs just now. Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #156202 8th Dec 2012 11:00pm
BOBCUSSEN

well i have heard a ticking noise in the past on several times and wondered it was but i have not tried to listen whilst selecting the heater to start? mainly as nothing happens when i try to start it? thats the problem, not knowing where to start looking.

Post #156208 8th Dec 2012 11:26pm
BOBCUSSEN

just to let everyone know who may have been watching this post, that the system is now up and running Thumbs Up Thumbs Up i dont know what happened to get it going again, but as soon as i had fitted the most optic loop to bypass the nokia, is just worked from then on? i dont know if that was simply by chance Question or as a result of the loop completing the circuit Question Question Question Question

anyway its fixed and its great Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #158395 18th Dec 2012 10:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1