Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Adaptive headlights failed to adapt
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RRVSE

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Corris Grey
Adaptive headlights failed to adapt

Hi Folks, had an issue the past 4-5 days with my offside headlight failing to adapt when turned on, it basically sat pointing downwards and failed to do its auto-align. Had this a while ago and turning the car off/on a few times cured it but this time it didn't. Anyway , removed headlamp unit to check the worm screws etc and seemed Ok, I manually wound the left /right align worm screw backward and forward, but the vertical adjust was very hard to access and appeared to be driven by a Hella motor , which to remove I would have to dis-assemble the light unit as could not access 1 of the 2 screws. Decided to put unit back in the car and do a hard reset but on turning the engine over once refitted, it kicked back into life so all OK again. The knock on from this is that I noted down the part number for the Hella motor - it is marked in the below format..
ELK 24
109 ----
N270R 06

734 857-03

21.06.06 (this is just the production date I guess)

I'm mentioning this as I'm guessing if the motor failed, LR would just sell you a who new unit, which I'm guessing would be £700 upwards, but I have spotted a company on ebay who sell just the motor for £13 + postage ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HELLA-HEADLIGHT-...122wt_1129

It seems to be used in Audi A6s and also some Opels, so I though I'd post this in case someone ended up with a burnt out/failed motor at some stage and this would avoid buying a whole headlamp unit. I bet someones now going to tell me that for once you can buy all the parts individually from LR !!
Cheers Steve

Main car : FFRR L405 Vogue SDV8
Other car : Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
Past cars : FFRR L322 Vogue TD6 SE (Sept 2006 MY07) ; LandCruiser SWB ; 4-Runner ; Supras; XJS V12 LeMans

Post #183582 18th Apr 2013 6:19pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

thanks for heads up Steve.. Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #183590 18th Apr 2013 7:10pm
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

there are two motors that do the movement left/right and up/douwn, there is a module located under the headlight that also controls this

Click image to enlarge

the motor you posted it the up and down located on the right of the pic, you can see the left and right one in the picture on the right , i can check what the l/r motor looks like when i go to my garage and have a look at my light unit. i would check the module first especially if you have done some wading..

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #183607 18th Apr 2013 10:31pm
RRVSE

Thanks guys. Dave, think you meant left not right by the way for the location of the horizontal alignment motor as it's top left of the picture posted. Do you guys know if you can buy the lens retaining clips seperately or do they only come with the headlight unit? It's just I noticed the middle top one of my nearside unit is missing (funnily, the OSF unit middle one was pretty loose so I 'tightened' it up a bit) and eventhough it will make little difference, I want to replace it.
Thanks Steve

Past cars : FFRR L322 Vogue TD6 SE (Sept 2006 MY07) ; LandCruiser SWB ; 4-Runner ; Supras; XJS V12 LeMans

Post #183671 19th Apr 2013 12:01pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

for any bits required Steve, its best to ask in dan @ duckworths section or try ebay.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #183674 19th Apr 2013 12:59pm
RRVSE

Will do, Thanks Stan Steve

Post #184203 23rd Apr 2013 12:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1