Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Anyone had experience of Audi a8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
n1cktdv8

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

thats lovely...W12 too Shocked

Thumbs Up Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #258775 11th May 2014 6:06pm
Muttley

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

+1 Thumbs Up

Post #258799 11th May 2014 7:47pm
mbdj

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

n1cktdv8 wrote:
thats lovely...W12 too Shocked

Thumbs Up

Thanks Thumbs Up

Post #258803 11th May 2014 7:57pm
mbdj

Muttley wrote:
+1 Thumbs Up

Thanks Thumbs Up

Post #258804 11th May 2014 7:57pm
n1cktdv8

My A8 was a lovely car but now I need something with a touch more weight it's a RR, but each time I see an S8 I can here a voice in my head telling my love affair with the big 8's isn't over !! Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #258807 11th May 2014 8:07pm
mbdj

Audi a8's are great value once owned you will find it hard to find a better car Thumbs Up

Post #258811 11th May 2014 8:29pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

I misread one of the earlier posts and thought you were thinking of towing with an R8, not an A8. Embarassed Mr. Green

Post #258812 11th May 2014 8:30pm
Muttley

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

The S8 has been on my dream list for a long time , The awesome film Ronin springs to mind Laughing

Post #258874 12th May 2014 12:14am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Had a ride a the V10 version in the UAE (one of my colleagues had one there) and it was "very pleasant" to say the least. Even considered to take over his when we were looking at moving there (and he was moving out). Didn't materialize and I am happy to stay with the FFRR but it was tempting. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #258875 12th May 2014 12:28am
paul r

Hi,

I had a 4.2tdv8 last year. it was a lovely car and I couldn't fault it, but it was very boring. The looks are boring, the handling is pretty boring, the interiors are pretty boring. I thought I could live with it when I first bought it, but ........I got bored lol Very Happy. It's very much a car to be driven in rather than to drive IMHO!

I dont know what the above people were doing with their cars, but I got 42mpg out of mine on a run (driving very gingerly) and usually i got 38mpg out of it. Around town, not so good about 20mpg, maybe a bit more.

The build quality is excellent and the leather seats were also excellent. Lots of toys on mine, being the 4.2 as well. keyless entry, fingerprint recognition, bose stereo, in fact it had everything you could imagine!

In the end I went back to a range rover though. I think the interior is better, the car looks much better as a whole and i prefer the driving experience. I have the 3.6TDV8 with a remap and it feels just as quick as the A8 did.

Any more questions, let me know!

Paul.

Post #258895 12th May 2014 8:38am
n1cktdv8

It all started for me when I had a D3. Was looking at a V6 or V10 Toe-rag and went to UAE with work. An A8 LWB 6.0 picked me up and dropped me off. I assumed this was a nice upgrade due to my emirates points but it was a hotel taxi and made up a fleet of 25 identical white A8's.....

I soon turned off the idea of a Toerag and bought an A8. I didn't think it lacked any performance at all, though for towing I had it remapped. It's a very practical car too. It had a huge boot, the 4wd never let me down on a muddy field with the caravan and the air suspension was superb, I would pump it up for towing onto a rough field if we were away and I found if gave a solid tow too.

I really like Audi's but the Q7 is a joke. More of an A6 estate for those who go to a gym and kick a ball for a living...not a competitor to the FF in anyway. More of a posher XC90 Whistle

I actually prefer the older shape A8 as the new one doesn't do it for me, and if you can find a 59-plate tdi quattro sport it is a very good choice of car.

I love the FF to bits, but the A8 build is in a different league. I will be back there at some point....though without the Lambo engine or 12 cylinders....it'll need to be an oil burner for me !! Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #258909 12th May 2014 9:27am
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

I test drove an A8 over the weekend.

It was a 2007 3.0 diesel with Bose, alcantara / leather and 20" alloys in Phantom black. Fingerprint recognition, air suspension, etc.

Very, very nice to look at on the outside. But I agree they do look like a large A4 and I have trouble differentiating them from an A6.

It had VW generic key fobs, column stalks and window switches. That didn't look or feel all that 'special' to me.

The engine was good, especially in Sport. Very smooth and quicker than I thought it would be. Handling impressive.

But it didn't move me in the way my SC always does, even after 12 months ownership.

On paper, they're a good buy. Great value and very understated. But no soul. I walked away. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #258912 12th May 2014 9:33am
n1cktdv8

You pretty much described my car.....and I agree with your every word, with one exception. Soul. I don't think they have as much soul as a FF but as FF drivers we often confuse 'soul' for 'issues'....it's also a very objective and personal view - but the mechanics, feel, drive and overall physical package (without soul Thumbs Up ) is something you will go a long way to find. Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #258914 12th May 2014 9:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12