Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Squeak or Tweet causes?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Katash

England 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Probably not the same but the SC model had a recall for the serpentine belt idler and bracket to be modded - symptoms were a tweet or chirp especially when cold.

Mine had this problem in winter when very cold on first startup, sounded like a bird chirping everytime the belt went round.

Checked the belt for damage and looked fine so cured it by spraying the belt with silicone spray, has not been back since.

Apparently affected Jags with the same engine too.

Post #275791 14th Aug 2014 3:20pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Thanks Katash, always worth knowing. Main dealer has always told me all recalls for this car have definitely been been carried out but again, it's something else I've never heard of with these cars.

Reason I ask if there's a particular way of greasing bushings etc is that I saw a you tube video today where someone, admittedly not on a RR, was injected grease into the rubber and advising taking care not to overload the rubber for fear of it expanding too much. Also saw a Mercedes video where a chap was trying to cure a squeak via some form of spray and commenting that using grease could cause damage Shocked

In the absence of anyone on here saying different, I'll carefully observe, assess and use my Comma moly grease on the suspension arms and bushes.

Thumbs Up

Post #275796 14th Aug 2014 3:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12