Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > no heater blower
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
saltyswede

United States 2011 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 SC V8 Zermatt Silver
blower motor

did you ever take any more photos please pm me Im new to the forum my fan is squealing like a cat

Post #387524 17th May 2016 4:14pm
Turnover

England 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

MachineHead wrote:
All done and dash refitted working like a dream ... have photos so at some point will make up and guide for the 2009 onward full fats ...not sure when the layout changed might even be a fair bit earlier.

Most of the dash stripping is the same bar 2 large bolts on the bottom of the passenger airbag mount, you just need to add in both glove boxes the top and front middle air vents and the top part of the chamber where the air comes through for them.

It's a lot to strip and you will cut your hands to death but even though it seems like the fan cover and then the fan will not come out and go back in .. it will with patience and even better you cut nothing Thumbs Up

Hi, have you got any photos you can share as I'm in the middle of this without much of a clue and some very sore hands.

Censored cars.

Cheers Chris 2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Zermatt Silver with Jet Leather

Post #391332 12th Jun 2016 7:10am
Turnover

Hi has anybody else carried out this repair on a 2007 or later L322? I'm interested in finding out how to get to the fastening catches on the blower motor case. It is still buried after stripping most of the dash out. I can see the motor housing but the top, where one of the catches sits, is covered by some trunking full of cables. The sides of it are equally hidden. I feel I'm so close but so far away....

Riding around at moment with half a dash, one glove box and some big holes. The plus side to this is the fuel economy is getting better because of all the panels etc that are off Laughing

Cheers Chris 2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Zermatt Silver with Jet Leather

Post #391649 14th Jun 2016 6:56pm
SveinHa

Norway 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Very nice description, delighted to not have to spend 14 hours in the garage...

I'm about to start the fan change on my 2008 L322 so any 2007-09 spesific tips would be greatly appreciated.

My fan have sticky bearings and I have tried lubricating with WD40 but it only lasted one day or so.

Access for checking bearings/free spinning of the fan is thru the openings in the bulkhead. Just remove the pollenfilter housing under the bonnet (2 13mm nuts and the whole housing comes out) and you can easily reach the fan with the fingertips, just make sure recirc is NOT on, if so the recirc flaps is covering the fan... "Plentraktoren/Garden tractor": 2008 L322 TDV8
"Project": 1990 90 County 300tdi

Post #393195 26th Jun 2016 8:46pm
Turnover

Hi, I'm not sure what to suggest as I have made the decision now to get it sorted at our local indie. The frustrating thing is that I can see and move the motor around but the gap is too small to get it out. There is a bit of trunking containing a big wiring loom that runs across the top of the motor housing that prevents access. Banging Head 2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Zermatt Silver with Jet Leather

Post #394098 2nd Jul 2016 7:41am
largeone

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover SE TDV8 Java Black

Hi all.
I've got a 2008 TDV8 vogue and without any warning the heater blowers front & rear have packed up.
I 1st checked the fuses and all seem ok so I changed the FSR still no joy.
I put it on the snap on diagnostic and the only code it came up with was.
0x1 left heater air temperature sensor -Open circuit or short to battery.
But this cleared and didn't come back when re-scanned.
So I took the air intake, for the blower off so I could reach the fan.
My question is: How freely should the fan spin because there seems to be a bit of resistance in mine and if the front fan stops working does that stop the rear one working.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Cheers

Post #394820 6th Jul 2016 8:53pm
Turnover

Hi, my one was not really free but would move. The new one I have bought spinned much more easily. I don't know where the feed is for the back ones so cant help with that one. Cheers 2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Zermatt Silver with Jet Leather

Post #395042 8th Jul 2016 2:49pm
SveinHa

I've just changed the fan a few minutes ago, more info will follow shortly.

Here is a visual demo of the old "stuck" fan and a brand new one:
 "Plentraktoren/Garden tractor": 2008 L322 TDV8

Post #395050 8th Jul 2016 3:57pm
SveinHa

After uncovering the holy grail, my Fein Multimaster had to do the next job.The finished cut is visible here:

All 4 short airducts are fairly easily removed, two is fixed with one torx "the wrong way" ie. a short torx driver is needed from behind.

The white box, whatever that is, slides away easily and don't need to be disconnected.

Now, it's time to apply som gentle brut force. The cableduct needs to be lifted about one cm to access the center fixing clip. There are also one metal fixing clip on each end of the fan housing but they are more easily accessible. A mirror helps to locate them.

While still lifting the cableduct, the fan cover can be removed using some force.

So far so good but the hole is far too small to get the fan out. The 6 damper housing need to be trimmed, time to find the Multimaster once more. The 6 hole connecting plate also need to be removed. I moved the right hand (LHD vehicle, on a RHD I suppose the left one is the on to go for) long duct to the door window slightly out of the way, fixed with 2 torx, one in the middle and one on far right. The cut is down to about 1 cm above the dampers, they move downwards so the don't interfere with the cut. Bewar of one axle and two grey steel wires right in the cut zone.

The hole is still quite on the small side but lifting the cable duct makes it just exactly big enough to slide the fan out. The fan is fixed with 3 torx visible on the picture. For some reason, my new fan had the connector upside down but it was easy to turn it 180 deg. While struggeling to put the fan in, you may accidantly move the fans in relation to each other so, for the sake of balancing, apply one ink mark on both fans so that you find the original position when finished.

The two plastic pieces that were cut out is fixed in position with a hot melt glue gun.

Then it is just to replace all other stuff... The whole procedure took somewhat less than 4.5 hours of effective work time.

Enjoy Cool "Plentraktoren/Garden tractor": 2008 L322 TDV8

Post #395093 8th Jul 2016 7:27pm
SteveNorman

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the write up, helped a lot.
We did find there isn't a need to cut the front flap panel, as you can remove it. Just move the vent pipes (unscrew them from the outer ends to give more access). Then move them forward. This is the LH screw to remove.

The RH one is under the loom & vent pipe, here.

Then lift the panel & tilt, to access & remove the metal adjusting rod.

There is now enough room to remove the fan.

Regards
Steve

Post #442847 27th Jun 2017 12:02pm
MrSteed

United States 2009 Range Rover Supercharged Supercharged Zermatt Silver

I just completed putting in a new blower motor in my 2009 L322, left hand drive US version. Just want to let everyone know you don’t have to cut any part of the Dash (or anything for that matter) at all. There is plenty of room to get the new motor in and out. It really wasn’t that bad, just take your time and label all the screws in baggies. One tip, for the vent tube that goes towards the passenger window, there’s an accessible torx screw to remove in the middle of the vent tube. Take your torx screwdriver and find the head of the screw with your fingers. Removing that securing screw allows you to completely move that vent out of the way giving you plenty of room. You do need to remove the CD Changer to get to that screw. The thing that gave me the most trouble was removing the metal rod from the flap (the above poster mentions), then getting it back on. I did damage the part that secures it but it should still function fine. Many thank to those who contributed to this thread - you all saved me a ton of money!

Last edited by MrSteed on 7th Nov 2018 1:39am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #494614 4th Nov 2018 5:51pm
MrChubba

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Cairns Blue

MrSteed,

You say you don’t need to cur anything at. Can you elaborate on this? I have a 2008 TDV8 with the air vents completely covering the blower area. How have you avoided cutting anything?

Many thanks in advance

MrChubba

Post #494823 6th Nov 2018 8:53pm
MrSteed

United States 2009 Range Rover Supercharged Supercharged Zermatt Silver

Yes, Mr Chubba, no cutting whatsoever on my full sized super charged 2009 Range Rover L322. The flapper assembly comes out by removing the two screws pointed out by the prior poster. You then tilt it to remove the flapper rod, which is the tricky part. Even trickier getting it back on. I wish I had taken more pictures, but there was plenty of room to get the blower in and out.

This photo shows the flapper assembly still in place.

Post #494854 7th Nov 2018 1:36am
MrChubba

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Cairns Blue

Mine looks a bit different to yours, I don’t seem to have the space you have at the bottom of the plastic surround. So, I think I need to cut despite removing the flapper assembly

Post #494858 7th Nov 2018 9:02am
Pavetim

United States 2010 Range Rover Autobiography Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Can you change the blower from the top on a 2010 RR full size? Mine looks different than these pics here.

Post #526793 2nd Sep 2019 1:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>