Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 19 of 43 <123 ... 181920 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

Decided to head to Brighton in the V8. Got stuck in traffic. Sadly, Gearbox overheat came up Shocked Rolling Eyes I am going to assume that the cooler is at fault. I am now restricting the usage until I have this replaced.

Post #477662 6th May 2018 11:40pm
green-oval-nut

Finally got rid of the horrible tatty bonnet pannel as the one I painted star silver 4 was ready.

Post #478292 13th May 2018 7:19pm
green-oval-nut

I have just bought a set of 20" wheels that I like, one needs welding and they all need tyres. Can't wait to get them fitted. This means the current wheels will be transferred over to my Autobiography. Smile

Click image to enlarge

Post #478644 16th May 2018 10:02pm
green-oval-nut

I finally got around to replacing the damaged and bodged air intake pipe. £17.95 with free p&p. Very happy.
But got a coolant loss problem again, or I should say, still. Very minor, it's not mixing with the oil.
Also discovered that Rye Performance and Motorsport of Ide, near Rye, East Sussex, who were paid to fit genuine Land Rover rocker gaskets that I supplied, NEVER fitted the gaskets, they just used instagasket stuff! No wonder I still have an oil leak!

I have now also removed the engine cover too as I am going to bling it up lol.

Post #479005 20th May 2018 10:57pm
b348xyx

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

There is a gasket in that photo you posted but they have also used gasket sealer on it.. which they should use in certain places.

See photos below. If done correctly should be only gasket sealer below places which always leak on the m62tu engines.

http://solowrenching.com/Home/Post/386/BMW...eplacement 2003 Range Rover 4.4 Litre V8 - Adriatic blue

2003 Range Rover 4.4 Litre V8 -Maintenance History Click Here = http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic39687.html

Post #479126 22nd May 2018 9:31am
green-oval-nut

Cheers for the above info. Sadly the sealant is all the way round where the rocker cover meets the engine, not just patches Sad

Also did an OBD health check and discovered my Thermostat is no longer working properly Big Cry
No overheating issues though.

I have also started the process of customising the engine cover too.

It is now clean.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #479131 22nd May 2018 11:41am
green-oval-nut

Managed to make some good progress on the engine cover. But other jobs got in the way so was not able to get any further today.

I hope to get the last few coats of black on at the weekend if the weather allows it.

Post #479170 23rd May 2018 12:31am
green-oval-nut

20" Wheels collected. A lot scruffier than I thought, but happy with the purchase all the same. Can't wait to get these on. Sadly that will be a few months Sad

Post #479307 24th May 2018 8:21pm
green-oval-nut

I managed to get the white on the engine cover. Just have to wait a week or until the weather is dry again for the paint to cure properly before I can prep the black I already painted for either 1 more coat, or hopefully lacquer. Then need to work out how to paint the logo and lines silver again.

Post #479569 28th May 2018 10:50pm
green-oval-nut

I have added a bit of bling to my Range Rover today. I used my original Christmas presents from 2 Christmas's ago on the TD6 and replaced them quickly, so now have the chrome effect door handle covers on both my Range Rovers which effectively covers up the original tatty handles Laughing

I know, the V8 needs a damn good clean and polish, but not well enough at the moment. It killed me just putting the handle covers on, which is ridiculous!

Once I have had a rest and my pain level has reduced heavily, I am going outside and will be carrying on with the engine cover, today I will be wet sanding the black area before deciding whether or not I need to add more blck paint. But I think I am done with the painting side of this. So wet and dry it, then paint prep wipe it down, and if the weather is still warm and dry enough, I might even put a coat of lacquer on, but doubt I will get as far as the lacquer today.

Post #479903 1st Jun 2018 4:36pm
green-oval-nut

The thermostat has behaved itself since it one off hissy fit. I still have a very slow coolant leak, no idea where from.
My car seems to be constantly in sport mode since I got it back from having the loom fitted.
Still love it. Thought about selling it, but everytime I do, I drive it and instantly change my mind.

Even took it to the beach during the height of the heat wave last week.

Hoping to get a few jobs ticked off next weekend though ahead of taking it to a car show.

Post #484674 30th Jul 2018 12:59am
green-oval-nut

I took the powerfulUK grill off today and fitted the Kahn grill. Only thing needs to be done now is to take the Autobiography badge off of the grill that the was already on it when I bought it. This grill looked Censored awful on the other Range Rover with standard colour headlights. But I think it suits my V8 with the black lights.

Post #485422 7th Aug 2018 6:46pm
green-oval-nut

Decided to tackle a job I have been putting off for well over a year. The headlight ballast. Turns out, the one I bought was not the right one, and a headlight I had bought which had one on it that apparently worked, doesn't at all. So had to put the car back together. I was going to replace the switch and reg lights in the tailgate, but ran out of time as I got side tracked when my mechanic turned up to sort the handbrake out on the other Range Rover.

I also remembered that the last time I used my diagnostics dongle, that it came up with an update that I ignored as I wasn't near a wifi signal, so took the opportunity to update the dongle and read the fault codes.

So it appears that 2 lambda sensors are dead due to a blowing exhaust at 1 cat, and the thermostat has failed despite the car not overheating or overcooling.

I have noticed some paint issues on stuff I did both last year and this year, so this time, parts that I am going to repaint are going to be sand blasted so I can start from scratch.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #486517 19th Aug 2018 1:59am
green-oval-nut

Don't know what got into me yesterday, but I found loads of motivation until the rain started.

So with the nice weather, I decided to replace the headlight ballast, then I suddenly felt like tackling the poltergeist that liked to open my bootlid at the worst possible times. So took the old microswitch off and found all 3 wire in the plug had been making contact with the metal in the boot lid causing it to trigger the microswitch, can now gladly say that is well and truly sorted, then I thought, sod it, I have the boot lid apart, lets fit the rear view wifi camera, So I did, although not wired it up yet and like an idiot, I accidentally drilled through some of the the wires on the new microswitch panel, so had to cut out some of the ones off the old panel to repair the replacement one Censored Embarassed Rolling Eyes
This took a while and then the rain started. But before I moved onto replacing the microswitch panel, I fitted my customized engine cover.

I am not happy with how the car looks with the location of the rear view camera though, and I am having a serious think about an alternative location. Suggestions welcome Laughing

Early Sunday morning, (Not happy about the hour I am having to be up for), my mechanic is popping by to swap all my wheels over for me, so the horrible 18" wheels from my Autobiography will be fitted to this one and this ones wheels fitted to the Autobiography. This is because I use the TD6 more and am fedup of keep having to pump a tyre up and these wheels were always going to end up on that car anyway. Then after the MOT test of the TD6 in October, I will start getting my RR Sport wheels refurbished as I have now found out officially that the tyre sizes I want are 100% safe to have.

I feel bad that this one is getting horrible wheels on it for a bit though.

Post #487159 26th Aug 2018 12:15am
green-oval-nut

My Vogue now has the horrible 5 spoke Autobiography 18" wheels on it. This is only until I can get the money together to get the 20" 5 spoke wheels refurbished and tyres fitted. The car looks awful now.

While the wheels were off, inspected all the brakes properly, and found out that the drivers side front caliper is sticking. So I guess it is time to get a new caliper.

I do have pictures. But at this time, they will not upload.

Post #487233 26th Aug 2018 9:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 19 of 43 <123 ... 181920 ... 414243>